Martin Boyle to Saudi

In all fairness he is getting to stage in his career where a good payday cannot blame hin, personally i am glad because there was talk of him being linked with them so that's a bonus, he was a thorn in our side when playing hibs
Celtic didn't need to sign him he played for them anytime they faced hibs

Going by HIVs players/ex players past records when they make a bit dosh he'll probably piss it up against a wall and/or shoot it up his arm.

That's why he wants to go sets him up for life Hibs kb'd £2m as they want £3m for him and he wasn't happy. Someone in transfer thread be unhappy as they want us to sign him.
I did. I am not unhappy though, more relieved he can't be a thorn in our sides. Not only that, but I think if we don't buy a right-winger, a lot more people than me will be unhappy.

the biggest no brainers in the history of no brainers

ridiculous step up in cash, 3 years and he can be made for life if hes clever

Almost 29. Can't imagine he'll be on mega money at Hibs so financial makes sense for his family.

It’s always weird with clubs like that. The player rarely does well and is clearly going for a good pay day.

From a Rangers point of view, this is decent. He causes is no end of bother and they will now not have him for the game vs us at Ibrox.

Footballing backwater. He's good enough that he could get a move south and increase his wages if he wanted to. And as much as the middle east has some incredibly modern cities, generally they're socially backwards. Couldn't pay me enough to live and work out there.

I wonder which ex celtic player or player from them on loan Hibs will go for to replace him

Its usually people who’ll never get the opportunity bashing those who go to Saudi.

Can guarantee your views would be different if offered a 10x pay rise and tax free.

It’s also a much nicer place than most in the West assume.
I think you can do these things for so long, although there are some exceptions. Definitely good to give it a go living in a foreign country, and then bringing back a fat pile of cash. I'm planning to come back at the end of this year after 11 years overseas (not Saudi).

His new team are currently 14th in a 16 team league with 16 games played. The entire squad is Saudi nationals apart from 4 Brazilians, a Dutchman and a French guy.

Just as well the money's great i suppose because it all sounds shite to me.

Clearly going for the moolah but you honestly couldn't pay me enough to go live and work there.
to be fair for Boyle its not just good money its crazy money. Is it not 30k a week tax free, so the equivalent of about 50k a week over here?! for someone on 2k a week thats unthinkable

If I am an average footballer and someone offers me £1m a year to go to Saudi for 3 years, I am there because there is not chance I am earning that kind of money anywhere else.

Footballing backwater. He's good enough that he could get a move south and increase his wages if he wanted to. And as much as the middle east has some incredibly modern cities, generally they're socially backwards. Couldn't pay me enough to live and work out there.
He could move down south and get increased wages but he was never going to get the wages that they’re reportedly offering him down there.

Again, it’s very easy to say when you don’t have quite literally life changing money for you and your entire family being waved in front of you.
people talk about this as if they live completely lawful lives in the UK. I break the law every single day in the UK with zero effect on my life.... Im sure there are plently in Saudi that do the same

Last edited:
Please to see him go to Saudi. I didn’t want him to go to the scum, I think he would have been decent for them and he’s Hibs’ biggest threat generally so great to see them weakened before we play in a few weeks.

Must be some feeling getting a call from your agent being told you have been offered £25,000 a week tax free.

Back