Martin Canning’s Father Attacked Today

The link to the story: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1434750-canning-i-ll-take-flak-but-leave-family-out-of-it/

The photo of his da getting jabbed off of accies supporters:
4-ECFD3-C9-C0-C9-4-D4-B-9-C70-E3644-DBCF1-A8.jpg

That’s a cowardly punch!

I was told it all kicked off after his dad offered an Accies fan a square go because they sang “Canning, Canning get tae %^*&”.

Cannings Dad was then told to leave the stadium.

What has went completely unmentioned here is that the article said Hamilton only took 150 fans!

That is embarrassing.

What is their problem with Canning anyway?

Would have thought they’ve overachieved in recent seasons?
Exactly, the guy seems to do a very good job year on year keeping Hamilton - the smallest central belt team at least - in the top league.

And regardless of him being a mentally challenged or not he always comes across as a decent bloke in interviews.

For the leagues sake hope Hamilton go down but it will likely be Dundee last and Hamilton or st Mirren annihilate the playoff winner from the league below as usual

Reactions: R-M
What is their problem with Canning anyway?

Would have thought they’ve overachieved in recent seasons?
A lot of Accies fans are fed up losing most weeks and narrowly squeaking Premier survival every season. Short memories: this is the most successful Accies have been since WW2.

They may have a more legitimate grievance that another manager could get more out of the squad than Martin Canning does. They look at Killie and wonder if we could find our Steve Clarke.

But the hostility towards Canning has become nasty, and widely prevalent. And there's hostility to those of us who defend him.

What does canning have to do to get sacked?

The most uninspiring and boring manager there ever has been, no violence needed but Hamilton support must be going crazy with this dinoasaur yes man still as there manager.

Suppose the board have a lot to do with it too.

What does canning have to do to get sacked?

The most uninspiring and boring manager there ever has been, no violence needed but Hamilton support must be going crazy with this dinoasaur yes man still as there manager.

Suppose the board have a lot to do with it too.
Get relegated and fail to bring us back up within 2 seasons. That's what did for Billy Reid.

Canning has kept us in the SPL for 5 years. Post-war Accies record.

See my post before yours. There's an argument we could find a better manager who could get more out of the sort of players we have. But the desire to just sack a manager without finding that upgrade (and I've yet to hear a viable suggestion from any Accies fan) is little more than bloodlust. Swap Canning for Imrie? No thanks.

A lot of Accies fans are fed up losing most weeks and narrowly squeaking Premier survival every season. Short memories: this is the most successful Accies have been since WW2.

They may have a more legitimate grievance that another manager could get more out of the squad than Martin Canning does. They look at Killie and wonder if we could find our Steve Clarke.

But the hostility towards Canning has become nasty, and widely prevalent. And there's hostility to those of us who defend him.
Great to have a genuine football fan and loyal to his club without moaning and seeing the big picture , always like reading your posts

Get relegated and fail to bring us back up within 2 seasons. That's what did for Billy Reid.

See my post before yours. There's an argument we could find a better manager who could get more out of the sort of players we have. But the desire to just sack a manager without finding that upgrade (and I've yet to hear a viable suggestion from any Accies fan) is little more than bloodlust. Swap Canning for Imrie? No thanks.

Fair enough mate, good reading it from a fans point of view.

But looking in from the outside it is grim though, can barely lay a glove on anyone and just surviving in the premier league must be boring as hell.

Exactly, the guy seems to do a very good job year on year keeping Hamilton - the smallest central belt team at least - in the top league.

And regardless of him being a mentally challenged or not he always comes across as a decent bloke in interviews.

For the leagues sake hope Hamilton go down but it will likely be Dundee last and Hamilton or st Mirren annihilate the playoff winner from the league below as usual

He is a nice guy I’ve met him a few times and his wife works with my sister.

Shocking that his Dad was attacked. It’s a miracle Accies are able to stay up and compete in the premier league with such a small budget and turnover of players - what on earth do they expect? Plus they have a tiny support and stadium.

Fair enough mate, good reading it from a fans point of view.

But looking in from the outside it is grim though, can barely lay a glove on anyone and just surviving in the premier league must be boring as hell.
It's not great, but I'd take it over mid-table in tier two any day.

What would Fergie have made of it all?

Back