Martin O’Neill interview in FourFourTwo magazine

michael-jackson-dancing.gif

So he tags marshall to celtic is he trying to imply he should have taken it easy that day or should have not doen what he was paid to do by Motherwell? I believe marshall was one of us when younger so maybe he thought he would actually have a "get it right up ye moment "

I love a happy ending.

mentally challenged lady's front bottom, snivelling little shite. Hope it keeps him awake at night.

How does it go again Wibble?

First is everything, second is nothing.

That’s it isn’t it?

Get it right fcukin roon ye ya bitter bastard.

A few other Scottish football related bits-and-bobs from the issue:

There’s a whole feature about Rod Stewart which I obviously didn’t read but this wee side feature caught my eye. Good to see a mention for Eric Caldow but the one Celtic player from the past he’d bring back is Jonny Hayes?!?

A Derby County fan picks his best and worst XIs. A familiar name in midfield in the latter:

Still throwing Marshall under the bus all these years later

All he did was do his job
remember Celtic players calling him the days before we played Dunfermline and they played Kilmarnock in the last game shootout, they were telling him to remember his time at Celtic. Was surprised, not, that the football authorities didn't take this further

remember Celtic players calling him the days before we played Dunfermline and they played Kilmarnock in the last game shootout, they were telling him to remember his time at Celtic. Was surprised, not, that the football authorities didn't take this further
One of the Kilmarnock players in 2003 travelled to the game on a Celtic supporters’s bus and told a relative of mine that he deliberately gave a penalty away that day.

Wasn’t he in goals for Killie as well the day we beat Dunfermline 6 1 and they won 4 nil away? Sure I’ve read somewhere their players nipping at him for having the cheek to try.
He was in goal for Falkirk when they beat Celtc 2-1 to allow us to win the title at Pittodrie in 1987.

Then in both 2003 & 2005 he played against them when they lost on the last day.

Everything from Souness signing Mo Johnston, 9iar in the 90's, winning the league at their midden in 99 plus the two helicopter sundays has scarred them for life.

They seen 2012 as payback for this but the thing is it still happened and we on the other hand have come out the other end still not perfect but still here.

He said he was fantastic, hardly throwing him under a bus. You expecting him not to mention he was ex Celtic or something? It's a great irony.
If you can't read between the lines, that's your lookout

He's not going to imply Marshall cheated them. Not in a UK publication

Ironically Marshall was in goal for both Helicopter Sunday 2003 & 2005. I'm sure they were begging him to let them in at Rugby Park in 2003.

One of the greatest days ever as a Rangers fan. That feeling when their score came through was immense, and the famous helicopter is changing direction line will live with us

Was an incredible moment.

Everyone in the stand went from sober to 10 pints down in a matter of seconds.

Celtic phoned Jim Jefferies (Killie manager at the time) to tell him they'd be bringing their own ball boys to Rugby Park in order to keep the game flowing and get the ball back in play quicker. Jim told them to get tae f*ck, it won't be happening. And it didn't.

In the new issue of FFT there’s a Q & A with MON (lot of acronyms). Someone asks about Helicopter Sunday and the answer is pleasing.

11 out of 10!

Here’s an old quote from John Hartson:

They will never ever get over it.

What a day!

Wasn’t he in goals for Killie as well the day we beat Dunfermline 6 1 and they won 4 nil away? Sure I’ve read somewhere their players nipping at him for having the cheek to try.

I had the whole of that day recorded, including the full Motherwell v Celtic game. I watched it a few times and then our game after it.

O'Neil is talking crap when he said they should have scored 8 goals, they had chances but they were mostly not clear cut. Marshall played well, but it was never one of those games where the goalie is magnificent and made stunning save after save.

There were long spells where Celtic did nothing, and Motherwell were pretty comfortable.

Back