Martin O’Neill interview in FourFourTwo magazine

I had the whole of that day recorded, including the full Motherwell v Celtic game. I watched it a few times and then our game after it.

O'Neil is talking crap when he said they should have scored 8 goals, they had chances but they were mostly not clear cut. Marshall played well, but it was never one of those games where the goalie is magnificent and made stunning save after save.

There were long spells where Celtic did nothing, and Motherwell were pretty comfortable.

he was probably thinking about the Kilmarnock game back in 2003?

Weren't they telling him to let the ball in the net that day?

Still throwing Marshall under the bus all these years later

All he did was do his job
I dont think he did. he said he was fantastic in the game.
Anyway, between helicopter Sunday and 55, the pain inflicted on 2 different generations of those tramps is a joy to behold.

We blew our own 10IAR attempt , so , although a relief for them, certainly not as joyous as an undefeated season which stopped their 10

I dont think he did. he said he was fantastic in the game.
Anyway, between helicopter Sunday and 55, the pain inflicted on 2 different generations of those tramps is a joy to behold.

We blew our own 10IAR attempt , so , although a relief for them, certainly not as joyous as an undefeated season which stopped their 10
He also called his own team fantastically brilliant. His face told a different story

he was probably thinking about the Kilmarnock game back in 2003?

Weren't they telling him to let the ball in the net that day?
He will have convinced himself that Celtic were all over Motherwell and that it was bad luck/out of their control that they lost the title.

This narrative of Celtic playing all the football yet get outdone by a functional Rangers side who are aided by match officials has been well entrenched since the mid 90s when it was their comfort blanket to being an utter state on & off the park.

And it remains their safe place when something goes wrong. They either claim to have played good football and been the moral winners… or just blame the Masons.

Wasn’t he in goals for Killie as well the day we beat Dunfermline 6 1 and they won 4 nil away? Sure I’ve read somewhere their players nipping at him for having the cheek to try.
Sutton in particular had a go at him. More or less saying he should have let goals in to allow them to win.

In the new issue of FFT there’s a Q & A with MON (lot of acronyms). Someone asks about Helicopter Sunday and the answer is pleasing.

11 out of 10!

Here’s an old quote from John Hartson:

They will never ever get over it.

The hurt with that day will NEVER be overcome by the Tims.

The only things that have hurt them more is our 9IAR and 55 !! B-D

In the new issue of FFT there’s a Q & A with MON (lot of acronyms). Someone asks about Helicopter Sunday and the answer is pleasing.

11 out of 10!

waterboy-nipple.gif

11 out of 10!

We could have easily won 5,but he didn’t so round ye.

Speaking for the feelings every hurting Shettlestone, makes you want to break out the Shloer and nibbles.

I genuinely despise him. He really gets under my skin. Much more so than most other wheasels associated with their rancid mawkit club

I love it that we consume their thoughts, it's always all about The Rangers. He won them loads but it always comes back to this. Burns was the same with the bitterness.

If you ask a Rangers manager about his time a the club, they aren't going to be talking about a time they lost to them :))

rod stewart telling lies about Eric Caldow - how disgusting is that!!

Thanks for sharing that now sitting with a huge smile. My uncle who has passed away now was sitting beside me with his radio in and never even said anything just grabbed my arm with this look on his face then about 10 seconds later the whole end erupted. What a day and one I’ll hopefully be telling the grand kids about one day. The pain they felt just makes it all the mor me glorious, love it

Helicopter Sunday what a day , they'll never get over it.

He's on the Ken Bruce show next week doing the "Tracks of My Years" , or in his case "Tracks of My Tears".

Any ideas on his selections, heres a couple for starters....

Crying
Gordon Is a Moron

Wasn’t he in goals for Killie as well the day we beat Dunfermline 6 1 and they won 4 nil away? Sure I’ve read somewhere their players nipping at him for having the cheek to try.
He mentally was also the goalkeeper for falkirk at the piggery when they won 2-1 in 1987, allowing us to clinch the league that day at aberdeen in a 1-1 draw.
incidentley jimmy johnstone's nephew gilmour scored a very late winner in front of 14,000
that's 3 generations of tims he gubbed.

So he tags marshall to celtic is he trying to imply he should have taken it easy that day or should have not doen what he was paid to do by Motherwell? I believe marshall was one of us when younger so maybe he thought he would actually have a "get it right up ye moment "
I had a rangers team photograph as a boy and Gordon Marshall was in it.

Served us well has Gordon despite never getting a first team game :)

Last edited:
Was also in goal for Falkirk when they won at Parkhead in 1987 meaning our draw at Pittodrie clinched the league.

Brother Scott Marshall played at centre-half when we won the league at Parkhead too.

Their best manager since the man who knew? That's why Alex McLeish won 7 trophies compared to his 4 over the same period, and that's me being generous and giving him the league during the season McLeish joined.

He mentally was also the goalkeeper for falkirk at the piggery when they won 2-1 in 1987, allowing us to clinch the league that day at aberdeen in a 1-1 draw.
incidentley jimmy johnstone's nephew gilmour scored a very late winner in front of 14,000
that's 3 generations of tims he gubbed.
Billy Gilmour's father.

17.5 years later and I still enjoy it so much.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Black Sunday for them, then signing McDonald. Sweet.

Yes! Story I heard was Boyd had Sutton by the throat at end of game!

Scott Macdonald scored 2 goals e-i-e-i-o. Keep believing t shirts were great as well. Remember my car changing direction back to Ibrox. The stadium seemed full while we played in Edinburgh:))

So he tags marshall to celtic is he trying to imply he should have taken it easy that day or should have not doen what he was paid to do by Motherwell? I believe marshall was one of us when younger so maybe he thought he would actually have a "get it right up ye moment "
Gordon Marshall started his career at Rangers

He will have convinced himself that Celtic were all over Motherwell and that it was bad luck/out of their control that they lost the title.

This narrative of Celtic playing all the football yet get outdone by a functional Rangers side who are aided by match officials has been well entrenched since the mid 90s when it was their comfort blanket to being an utter state on & off the park.

And it remains their safe place when something goes wrong. They either claim to have played good football and been the moral winners… or just blame the Masons.
O'Neill's team were big and strong and played old fashioned British style football, but they certainly weren't a great football team to watch in terms of style.

Wouldn’t have been Alex Burke per chance?
I'll top that, I was in the thornwood bar partick West in 2003, a wed night before the last game of the season my bro in law having family shit wanted to talk, things got heated next table, a guy was saying if we need 4 we will get it same if we need 6 or 8, the guy in particular a dunfermline player whom I can't name but have posted before, no not his name the scenario.

11 out of 10!

Wtf - we could have won 5 in a row

- had we won the uefa cup

Total fud

Is this bitter twisted ex mhanks manager still trying to be relevant today by flogging his book around the country. I even heard he had ventured up to the Orkneys….poor fucking sods up there having to watch and listen to this bitter fuckwit. I can only imagine a worse scenario having to listen to that fucking retard Welsh wind bag Hartson trying to flog a book to keep him on fizzy drinks and crisps.

Back