Martin O'Neill wants the away fans allocation restored at Ibrox and Parkhead

That's a bit arrogant is it not. What's wrong with my opinion, indeed the facts I have given.

I can see both sides of the argument, but obviously your correct and I should know better.
Opinions differ,is what I’m saying.You may be correct mate,im just saying I don’t agree.No arrogance intended.;)

We released the figure last year as 47500 iirc
There is no % set, the rules only state a reasonable number

I have circa 46,000 in my head that was confirmed on here some point in the last calendar year. Maybe the SLO can confirm

Selfish? I presume you’ve not read my messages where I said ensuring all ST holders were catered for was my primary concern?

I might be in a minority on FF but funnily enough, FF doesn’t represent the fanbase as a whole

Out of interest, do you go to away games?
I very seldom go to away games and I hope this season every Rangers fan that wants to go to Parkhead gets the opportunity, My concern is that all the Rangers fans who have ST in the Broomloan get to Old Firm games

Ps, I have never been to a European game away from Ibrox apart from Finals

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

"There is an intensity that just does not exist anywhere else."
Aye. I'll give my seat to a Tim ya gibbering walloper.

No from me, Ibrox is a better place without ten thousand bigots breaking health and safety regs, wrecking seats throwing stuff at kids and the disabled section and keeper also stopping the game with their constant stealing the ball and throwing it back when games in play.

800 hundred in the corner which should also be fenced in for safety reasons
50 thousand bears singing for ninety minutes is a great atmosphere
Says it all

Celtic tickets haven’t went to public sale. Extras were given to RSCs based on their category (who could then give to members), club use (competitions/sponsors etc) and then club staff

To me, all ST holders are looked after and I think ST holders than travel to domestic/euro ways are more entitled to a ticket for parkhead than a member of staff getting an extra ticket for Ibrox to give to a friend etc

**Also, as an extra point - if you asked RSCs if they’d give up the chance of an extra spare for the Ibrox game to have a better chance of a parkhead ticket, I’d wager the vast majority would say yes
How many RSC do we have and how many members have they got?

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

I wonder if Martin would even be talking about this if Ceptic had won the league ?. WATP.

I'm trying to remember games that they benefited.

I seen them win the league at parkhead when we had 20,000 in the stadium, I waited 20 years for sweet revenge and we had 8,000 in the stadium in the most hostile atmosphere I've experienced at parkhead. There was no benefits when they had the whole broomloan during the 9 in a row years.

As I say, I dont care one way or the other, but personally I dont think it benefits either team. When they were hammering us at Ibrox, before Gerrard came it was simply that we were poor.

They're desperate to restore the situation at the piggery where our fans were stuck in a corner and they had their fans behind both goals. That tells you all you need to know about the advantage.

Let's see how they react to us offering them the west enclosure in return for us getting the 'Rangers' end' at Parkhead. Im sure they'll be happy with that knowing how much it will improve the atmosphere.

Er No thanks Martin. Kindly GTF and DO One. The vast majority of Bears are more than happy to let the yahoos have a wee corner of 800. Long may it Continue.

They're desperate to restore the situation at the piggery where our fans were stuck in a corner and they had their fans behind both goals. That tells you all you need to know about the advantage.

Let's see how they react to us offering them the west enclosure in return for us getting the 'Rangers' end' at Parkhead. Im sure they'll be happy with that knowing how much it will improve the atmosphere.
The last time we played them with fans, we won 2-1 with a display from that lot, that wouldn't have looked out of place at edinburgh zoo.

We beat them that day, because we were the better team, not by hordes disrupting our players.

We went 9 years without a win at parkhead, with on average 20,000 bears at all these games. Mainly because we were rank.

We did eventually beat them when we improved with souness in place and won 2-1.

As I say again, I'm easy either way what they do. My disagreement is thinking it gives them an advantage. We beat them in the cup at Ibrox, when they had the broomland and the govan stand. If your the better team and on your game, you win. Nothing to do with a set of fans behind a goal.

I'm trying to remember games that they benefited.

I seen them win the league at parkhead when we had 20,000 in the stadium, I waited 20 years for sweet revenge and we had 8,000 in the stadium in the most hostile atmosphere I've experienced at parkhead. There was no benefits when they had the whole broomloan during the 9 in a row years.

As I say, I dont care one way or the other, but personally I dont think it benefits either team. When they were hammering us at Ibrox, before Gerrard came it was simply that we were poor.
I am genuinely struggling to reply politely to your point. Are you genuinely trying to nullify the obvious benefit that mob had with a full stand and clear view of the pitch and their fans behind each goal.
You are either a lurker or the most naive bear I have come across.
I would favour a complete ban of the terrorist loving scum.

I am genuinely struggling to reply politely to your point. Are you genuinely trying to nullify the obvious benefit that mob had with a full stand and clear view of the pitch and their fans behind each goal.
When did you start going to football 5 years ago?

Lurker f**k all. Rein it in

The last time we played them with fans, we won 2-1 with a display from that lot, that wouldn't have looked out of place at edinburgh zoo.

We beat them that day, because we were the better team, not by hordes disrupting our players.

We went 9 years without a win at parkhead, with on average 20,000 bears at all these games. Mainly because we were rank.

We did eventually beat them when we improved with souness in place and won 2-1.

As I say again, I'm easy either way what they do. My disagreement is thinking it gives them an advantage. We beat them in the cup at Ibrox, when they had the broomland and the govan stand. If your the better team and on your game, you win. Nothing to do with a set of fans behind a goal.

I dont want to seem rude so I'll keep it simple. Why do you think home teams win more games than away teams?

Incidentally you should never take specifics and generalise from them. As an example. My granny smoked 40 Woodbine a day and lived till she was 90 so that proves smoking doesnt cause cancer.

Its obvious that having a large support in a prominent position helps a team. Why do you think Celtic are so keen to get the old arrangement restored but not so keen to give us the area behind the goals we originally had? They could easily give us an allocation similar to the Broomie but right behind the goals. It happens all over the world and segregation isnt a big problem.

Its so obvious its hardly worth debating.

I dont want to seem rude so I'll keep it simple. Why do you think home teams win more games than away teams?

Incidentally you should never take specifics and generalise from them. As an example. My granny smoked 40 Woodbine a day and lived till she was 90 so that proves smoking doesnt cause cancer.

Its obvious that having a large support in a prominent position helps a team. Why do you think Celtic are so keen to get the old arrangement restored but not so keen to give us the area behind the goals we originally had? They could easily give us an allocation similar to the Broomie but right behind the goals. It happens all over the world and segregation isnt a big problem.
That's some comparison, from football to granny smoking 40 woodbine a day.

It's my opinion that better teams come out on top most times. That's why aberdeen would regularly come to Ibrox and parkhead and beat us.

They were simply the better team. Rangers and celtic fans hated them equally, because they had the audacity to do it. Strachan was attacked on the pitch twice at parkhead, we came on the pitch at Ibrox. It didnt stop them winning.

If you think I'm saying, let's open the broomie for them, im not. I'm just saying that I don't believe top class professional footballers get intimidated at football games. If they do, they shouldn't be there.

fuck this fucking wibble cunt.

away back to wanking into your cried-on toast you fucking pest.

Cunt.

Learn the correct names of Ibrox stands and maybe we will debate with you.

@Aww Skew - you strike a solitary figure in every one of these threads, you are a lone voice. Yet you profess to know many RSC's who support your argument, I.e. that some away Uber Rangers supporters deserve a ticket for the piggery more than season ticket holders at Ibrox Broomloan Stand.

I really wish you would desist. It will never revert back to the way it was at Ibrox my friend.

Can you not just enjoy the fact that they HATE IT SO FUCKING MUCH THEY DON'T STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT? PLEASE?

I have been watching Rangers for 55 years and attend every match abroad, and travel up from Plymouth every two weeks to see the bears at home out with Covid.

If you aren't a lurker then perhaps just naive.

Your views are strange to say the least, let's just say we don't agree.

800 of them is enough. We save a ton of dough on stewarding and police as well. If the stadium ever increases in size I’d increase it to a maximum of 1,250. We don’t need any more than that. Personally I’d love a away section with railings around like at the Emirates or the Ethiad.

I like the cauldron of many more of us and less of them. Even at their midden.

I have been watching Rangers for 55 years and attend every match abroad, and travel up from Plymouth every two weeks to see the bears at home out with Covid.

If you aren't a lurker then perhaps just naive.

Your views are strange to say the least, let's just say we don't agree.
I dont find my views strange. I believe the best teams will always come out on top, just my opinion.

Maybe I'm clouded, by winning the league at their midden and as I said, it was worth 20 years waiting for that revenge.

But to call me a rhabid is a low blow that no man deserves.

Tell me what I said is untrue?

I was told off of a member of staff from the ticket office exactly what I said in my last post
There's always people who can get you an extra ticket, of course there is but staff get one subsidised season ticket. I know what I'm talking about.

Learn the correct names of Ibrox stands and maybe we will debate with you.

@Aww Skew - you strike a solitary figure in every one of these threads, you are a lone voice. Yet you profess to know many RSC's who support your argument, I.e. that some away Uber Rangers supporters deserve a ticket for the piggery more than season ticket holders at Ibrox Broomloan Stand.

I really wish you would desist. It will never revert back to the way it was at Ibrox my friend.

Can you not just enjoy the fact that they HATE IT SO FUCKING MUCH THEY DON'T STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT? PLEASE?
Sorry for getting the name of the broomie wrong, maybe should have done a check before I posted.

A rhabid it does not make me. It's about opinions, mine is wether they get the whole end or not, it wont help them against us as we are a better team.

If it annoys f**k out of them, then that's a fair point.

That's some comparison, from football to granny smoking 40 woodbine a day.

It's my opinion that better teams come out on top most times. That's why aberdeen would regularly come to Ibrox and parkhead and beat us.

They were simply the better team. Rangers and celtic fans hated them equally, because they had the audacity to do it. Strachan was attacked on the pitch twice at parkhead, we came on the pitch at Ibrox. It didnt stop them winning.

If you think I'm saying, let's open the broomie for them, im not. I'm just saying that I don't believe top class professional footballers get intimidated at football games. If they do, they shouldn't be there.

Why does the better team come out on top more often at home than away? You didnt answer the question.

As for the example. I dont understand what the issue with using such an example. Seems to me you didnt understand the point anyway.

Absolutely no chance. Their club and fans can't even bring themselves to say old firm ffs but they want a ticket allocation way beyond a normal away support? They ruined it for themselves.
That's something I can get on board with. It was a unique game because of the big away supports, but they wanted to play the petty crap by calling it a Glasgow derby.

They cant complain now and look back at something they helped destroy.

Why does the better team come out on top more often at home than away? You didnt answer the question.

As for the example. I dont understand what the issue with using such an example. Seems to me you didnt understand the point anyway.
Away games have always been harder for any team in any league. It's always been that way.

We still lost away games, even though many times we outnumbered the home fans.

I just think a better team on their day will come out on top.

Away games have always been harder for any team in any league. It's always been that way.

We still lost away games, even though many times we outnumbered the home fans.

I just think a better team on their day will come out on top.

You dont say why away games "have always been harder"? Obviously you think fans play no part in influencing games (despite all the evidence) so why over the decades do home teams tend to do better than away teams?

You dont say why away games "have always been harder"? Obviously you think fans play no part in influencing games (despite all the evidence) so why over the decades do home teams tend to do better than away teams?
Proved this season mate. No fans, but we win 8-0 against hamilton, but drew away to them.

We always treat our away games, even this season in empty stadiums as a tougher game.

Proved this season mate. No fans, but we win 8-0 against hamilton, but drew away to them.

We always treat our away games, even this season in empty stadiums as a tougher game.

Have you forgotten already? You shouldnt generalise from specifics. You havent "proved" anything.

To be fair it's not the same with only a few hundred away fans on either side, before people start getting upset at this post that's just my opinion.

Agreed, it's not the same. But, at the same time, they are content to call it the Glasgow Derby and pander to the Sevcoholics within their supporter base by subtly hinting that the Old Firm is no more. So why should we treat them any differently to anyone else now?

He want fans back as it handed them an advantage at our ground, not to mention the tv pictures showing them being beamed around the world.

Contrast that with the disdain our fans were shiwn at their ground. The coverage from tv would suggest we weren't even there.

Then take in to consideration their recent media pish claiming there is no Old Firm.

Keep them hidden in the shade of the corner.

Back