Martin Samuel

Excellent stuff.

Speaking of gulf in class, the one between Scottish and English journos is f*cking gigantic.

Haven't been on their website but feel sure that it'll full of anti-British type tirades from the bog trotters defending the young lout

Along with Paul Hayward & Henry Winter, Martin Samuel is from the higher echelon of sports journalism. Contrast and compare with the praise received for Ralstons "get stuck in" attitude from the Scottish press.

What he fails to mention however, is that Neymar refused Ralston his shirt, because he had already promised it to Marina Dalglish for her charity.

Got to have first post sometime and he made me laugh, we whatever his name was should have been red carded in any case.

Compare to up here and Ralston (who's name sounds like a junkie in a Irvine Welsh novel) is suddenly worth 10 million

Great article pity the cabal up here are to scared to write anything like it

Most are mentally challengeds working to their own agenda whilst demonising Rangers and our support, so wouldn't dream of writing that kind of truthful article anyway.

It's those in the Scottish media who would count themselves as Rangers fans who should be ashamed that they don't have the balls to do their job with honesty and integrity.

Anthony Ralston is an 18-year-old right back with 14 Celtic appearances to his name. This week he faced Neymar, one of the finest footballers in the world, and certainly the most expensive.

Time for humility, one might think. Time to drink it all in, to accelerate the learning process.

No — not in this age of entitlement. Despite losing 5-0, Ralston was full of it after the game. ‘I don’t fear the likes of Neymar…I had to play my normal game…I won’t lose any sleep over it…he’s just another man on the pitch…I don’t put him on a pedestal…’

The arrogance was astonishing. If Ralston matures with one 10th of Neymar’s talent he will have a fine career. Here was an opportunity to acquire knowledge, to be tested against one of the greats.

Ralston was too busy preening, his team having been swept aside, to pay much attention. He asked for Neymar’s shirt at the end but was rebuffed. Maybe one day Ralston’s shirt will be in demand among the elite of European football. Until then, he might consider winding it in.

By the way, after a fan ran on to the pitch and tried to kick Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe — the oaf missed, providing a neat metaphor for the gulf in class — Celtic have again been cited by UEFA. This is their 15th citing in 10 years. Imagine how many they would have racked up if they didn’t keep getting knocked out at the group stage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-kids-games-not-elite-club.html#ixzz4sjvQmtB4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Excellent,imagine him writing up here

For some reason I opened the thread thinking it was about this guy... but no that was Walter o_O

Walter_Samuel_FC_Internazionale.jpg
I did exactly the same.

Pleasantly surprised though - what an article! I'll start looking out for this guy's stuff from now on.

Ralston just acts like every other arrogant Kant at that rancid club. It's all in the breeding to behave like them, lack of humility, over arrogance, blame culture, poor losers who lash out, it's all in their DNA

Good article, some home truths in there. The kind of opinion piece that is severely lacking in sports journalism in this country.

Hit the nail on the head with both articles,nice to read a decent bit of journalism for a change.

Back