Martin Tyler, no friend of Rangers or now Liverpool

Not a fan of Tyler but to be honest I think he’s just phrased it badly rather than any malicious intent.
Exactly, but just like a certain club up here, down South have their own version and say anything that is seen as remotely derogatory about Liverpool FC, it's not going to be the best career move.
As for Tyler himself, he should have been put out to pasture years ago and should be paying to get into Old Trafford now just like everybody else.

Glad to see it’s not just me that can’t stand his commentary. Dreadful and comes across as absolutely full of himself.

I say it on every thread I post on about commentary but give me Peter Drury and Jim Beglin every time!
My thoughts precisely. There's a certain, deep loathing arrogance to the man which put down to monopoly on live football SlySports had for so long. He knew he was inferior to Motson, Moore, Davies et al but "Here I am while you're doing highlights on MOTD". I can't fucking stand him...although in upsetting the Scunts he has endeared himself to me!

Are Liverpool fans going to cry victim regarding Hillsborough until the end of time?
Hopefully, because if it means that people can go to a game and return safely it'll be well worth it. They also exposed a massive cover up by the powers that be that could've happened to any club at that time. Where disasters are concerned football rivalries should be put aside as no-one should go to a football game and not return home.

Hopefully, because if it means that people can go to a game and return safely it'll be well worth it. They also exposed a massive cover up by the powers that be that could've happened to any club at that time. Where disasters are concerned football rivalries should be put aside as no-one should go to a football game and not return home.
It's true that the South Yorkshire police force told lies about the events at Hillsbrough that day and that justice should be afforded to the victims relatives, but what gets everybody's backs up regarding Liverpool FC and their supporters is their refusal, even to this day to acknowledge any responsibility whatsoever for the deaths of Juventus fans at Heysel. Where is the justice for the 39 ? Any journalist bringing that one up down South is out of a job the next day.

Tbf their fans and football club have been lied to for years.
I’m certainly not going to get into a Hillsborough debate.

My issue is generally with Liverpool and their fans, they are perpetual victims of everything and the reaction to this is absolutely typical. The worst he has done is say something in a clumsy way, it has been clarified and apologised for by both him and the BBC, but they still want blood.

If it means? It’s 2022. Time to drop the victimhood but, like another Club, they can’t.

To me that is insinuating Hillsborough WAS a hooligan related issue, not that it's different.

It was badly worded but could be viewed as 2 different points.

The 80’s was ridiculous for hooliganism, particularly in England. Hillsborough was just tragic beyond belief.

It was silly to merge the 2 in the same sentence.

Has he apologised?

Martin Tyler Is an old dottled prick who knew exactly what he was saying. Sky shit bagging it though and won't do anything about it.

Not a fan of Tyler but to be honest I think he’s just phrased it badly rather than any malicious intent.
This. The scousers will absolutely blow it out of purporting anyway because they fcking LOVE screaming victim.

“It’s a slip by O’Neil. And Laudrups away and Rangers look for a goal and GET ONE! In the 8th minute from Brian Laudrup”

Far better than the Aguero commentary for me!
His best one was an away win at Parkhead, might have been Hampden, after we beat the Torbetts with 9 men (?).

"NEVER write off Rangers"..

If I remember correctly he came out with that new club nonsense at a time BBC Scotland was pushing that lie (before we put them back in their box) and Seperate Entity hordes were polluting everything with that bilge. He simply didn't doesn't understand insolvency law or the work of administrator's. Was more disappointed Gray didn't put him right.
I used to enjoy those two commentary but he's now well past his sell by date..

Tbf their fans and football club have been in an adoring love in with the tims and all things their "culture" for years
Without getting into the Liverpool/Celtic debate, one thing they do have in common with each other is this perpetual victim status and not accepting responsibility for any wrongdoing on their part.
They like to portray themselves as ' different ' to any club or support within their own country and then claim they are persecuted for it. They like to claim they are on some kind of social justice mission within their own countries but the only people they actually tolerate are themselves.

If I remember correctly he came out with that new club nonsense at a time BBC Scotland was pushing that lie (before we put them back in their box) and Seperate Entity hordes were polluting everything with that bilge. He simply didn't doesn't understand insolvency law or the work of administrator's. Was more disappointed Gray didn't put him right.
I used to enjoy those two commentary but he's now well past his sell by date..
I had this argument with some Wrectum fan I'm work the other week when he called us Sevco. Hypocritical lady's front bottom had said in the past, when they looked like folding, that it was the people who made the club not who owned it or who the company was. Can't wait for those Yanks to get bored with the Goats and they go under.

I had this argument with some Wrectum fan I'm work the other week when he called us Sevco. Hypocritical lady's front bottom had said in the past, when they looked like folding, that it was the people who made the club not who owned it or who the company was. Can't wait for those Yanks to get bored with the Goats and they go under.
I don't actually go along with the fans the people making the club. Gretna have the same fans as do Airdrie but fact is they are not the same clubs as the old Gretna or the old Airdrie. Rangers are the same club not because it still plays at Ibrox in blue shirts in front of the same fans,it's the same club because the law states it is. Rangers FC was purchased as a going concern along with the business and assets by the new owners well before BDO the liquidators were even appointed. The new owners then secured our original SFA membership (on certain conditions being accepted). It's the same club and it's nothing new other clubs,Leeds United for example used the same route without a successful CVA. And that's the reason not a single football authority or relevant body agree with the new club nonsense.
Can't expect Tyler to know all this but Gray certainly should have. He was the compere on our 140 years anniversary under Green against Stirling Albion.

Back