Martindale says its nonsense people get upset with him using players nicknames

DAVIE MARTINDALE says it’s nonsense if people get upset by him calling rival players by their nickname.

The Livingston boss was criticised in some quarters for referring to Rangers pair James Tavernier and Scott Arfield as ‘Tav’ and ‘Scotty’ after his side’s 2-1 defeat last week.

But Martindale said: “We play each other that much and everybody knows each other that well that there’s always some kind of relationship.

“Scotty Arfield is from Livingston and we have mutual friends. He has a really good relationship with wee Cheb, our kitman. The two of them were at Falkirk together.

“Ever since we’ve been in the Premiership, Mr Arfield has come and visited us after games. He comes in the changing room to see Cheb.

“So is it Mr Tavernier or Mr Arfield? Is it Mr Jota? When Scott Brown was at Celtic I’d call him Broony. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong there, to be fair.”
Love this bit.
Maybe Martindale would be as so kind and really blow their minds and call him
“Bro Arfield”.

I really like Martindale.

I’ve seen posters on here get angry at other posters using other teams players nicknames.

It’s normal, the reactions not so much!!

Who complained?

I remember the media trying to start the Scotty Broon nickname when he signed for the scum. They didn't find that offensive

I don't think you'd need 3 guesses! One of the green and grey hordes I would imagine...

"Some quarters" so moonhowlers like James Forest and other tim lunatics.

David Martindale known Rangers fan = bad

Jim Goodwin known Celtic fan who's always at their games with his kid = Silence.

These scum should just come out and flat say what it is they're insinuating.

Back