Mason greenwood charges dropped

So it sounds like the girl who accused him in the first place, released the audio clips and photos etc. now no longer wants to be a witness and is back together with him?

IF that's the case (and I might be mistaken) - charge her.

The new evidence that came to light could be that this was a set up a role play or it could be that something dubious about the key witness came to light! None of us know the details and both parties now need to move forward and better themselves from the experience!! It will be difficult all round!!

It is very likely this is the case. Conviction rates in rape cases are so low that if a settlement is offered they are usually encouraged to take it. Unfortunately I have a great deal of experience in this area and settlements are often the best course of action for victims. Take a payment, get professional help with your trauma and try to move on.
Sad, but true.

How do you take a payment? Surely it ain’t done through legal routes?

They’d have to take him back in.

Guess the same happened with Mendy?

Unless they come to a settlement.
No the don't, the club will have an internal investigation and will summarize the results of that before reaching a decision of whether to employ him or not. He may have been in breach of conduct regardless of the rape charge.

That's quite the take.
Maybe some victims are vulnerable, naive and easily manipulated by sex offenders?
by your rationale, no crime victim can ever be responsible for their future actions or future decisions o_O:))

barmy. humans dont become exempt from making mistakes, exempt from being pricks, or exempt from greed the moment a crime is done to them.

its perfectly possible that some crime victims are immoral/nasty/greedy/a prick.

its perfectly possible - in this case - that the girl could be the victim of a horrible crime, and also chosen the promise of a wealthy lifestyle over justice/morals/standards/self respect.

Victim brings evidence to police, police then arrest and charge with a crime or release, prior to the case being before a court the person arrested either goes to jail or is out on bail until the court date, Crown Prosecution Service and the defence build their respective cases before it goes to trial, prior to the trial some sort of plea bargain could be made with the defendant or the case could fall apart for a number of reasons and the charges are dropped, then the trial with a prison sentence or released.

Victims of crime in the UK don't make decisions on levying charges or dropping cases, that is done by the police in some cases but mostly by the CPS. What could have happened is that evidence submitted is later retracted or contradicted by new evidence and those called to testify as evidence refuse for some reason or will contradict themselves, CPS realise they haven't got a case that will stand up so drop the charges

Anyway, in other completely unrelated news
Thank you.

No it does mean he is innocent.

You're innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty until proven innocent.
Innocent in the eyes of the law is VERY different to innocence in reality.

If the evidence doesn't meet the threshold the CPS require to make a charge or charges stick, then a case is dropped. If however new evidence arises then he can be charged.

I don't think this is the end of the matter imho.

Can only say that I would be appalled if he ever pulled on a Rangers jersey. We’ve all seen the pictures, we’ve all heard the audio but given that United signed Ronaldo despite everything, I won’t expect too much,

thats the problem with this pre emtive pish, a year away from a short career for nothing

Can only say that I would be appalled if he ever pulled on a Rangers jersey. We’ve all seen the pictures, we’ve all heard the audio but given that United signed Ronaldo despite everything, I won’t expect too much,
I would be disgusted if we played him. We have many women and young girls both in the stands and on our books. Not a chance we would tolerate his presence

This 'Trial by Court of Law' pish will never catch on. Back to social media, pitchfork in hand, so we can hear what we want to hear.
You know it didn’t go to court dont you? Perhaps those on social media who have seen the pictures, heard the audio and seen her take on it are quite right to have pitchforks. If it was my daughter, I wouldn’t give a damn that the evidence was retracted. He wouldn’t be getting away with it.

This 'Trial by Court of Law' pish will never catch on. Back to social media, pitchfork in hand, so we can hear what we want to hear.

The rotten fruit and excriment throwing whilst walking down the street with a women ringing a bell is the only way to go shouting "shame".

Or in the modern world social media.

Innocent in the eyes of the law is VERY different to innocence in reality.

If the evidence doesn't meet the threshold the CPS require to make a charge or charges stick, then a case is dropped. If however new evidence arises then he can be charged.

I don't think this is the end of the matter imho.
If the case doesn’t meet the threshold then he’s innocent. He’s unlikely to be the first rich young man to get caught in the old honey trap.

If the case doesn’t meet the threshold then he’s innocent. He’s unlikely to be the first rich young man to get caught in the old honey trap.

Wow.

If by ‘young man caught in the old honey trap’ you somehow mean violent, abusive, manipulative control freak then you’d be correct.

I can only assume some people who seem to be on the wee rat’s side in this have no idea about the story.

Last edited:
Greenwood has not been found not guilty. He is innocent until proven otherwise. The fact the charges have been dropped with new evidence being cited suggests it wasn't as clear cut. He may well be a dick but in the eyes of the law he has no case to answer. So why shouldn't he be allowed to resume his career? Would people be saying the same if he was a bin man or street cleaner?
If it was someone at Rangers that had done the exact same, would you want them back at the club? I certainly wouldn't. Much like at Raith, I'd expect massive outcry and for the women's team to all chuck it.

This case can also be reopened further down the line if she decides to cooperate. Given that he is a domestic abuser who probably doesn't think he's done anything wrong and is probably pissed off that his career could be down the toilet, there is every chance he'll do it again.

A bin man doesn't have a massive online following or influence over impressionable people. Bin man doesn't make millions a year. Look at the followers of Andrew Tate, deluded by his presentation but now thankfully locked up in Romania as he wanted to troll a teenager.

Last edited:
You absolutely can, people get punished without going to court everyday.

I’ll be very surprised if United’s own investigation doesn’t result in terminating the wee dick’s contract.
I would like to think so but I think it will be a settlement as if he choses to drag it through the courts im not sure how the employer can justify any misconduct I guess it really depends on the conduct conditions in his contract.

its shit but employment law is shit in situations like this

I'm not sure Man Utd can be blamed for taking him back if nothing was proven against him. That's really the way it should be but there is obviously context here which makes it a bit uncomfortable. In that the court never found him not guilty and the only reason the lassie dropped the charges is because shes got back with him. It's not like she's saying she made it up. Murky stuff. I'd get shot of him with little fuss when no one is looking. They don't need him anyway.

Back