Mason responds to me this morning

He send me an email

Looks like he is grovelling now
I mailed my MSP this morning and he responded as below:

Thank you for your email. Like you I find Mr Mason’s reported remarks very foolish to say the least, and also offensive particularly to survivors of child abuse. My colleague, James Kelly MSP has commented on Labour MSP’s behalf, to that effect.

However, as far as I can tell from the newspaper story the remarks are contained in a private email exchange with a constituent of Mr Mason’s, and Parliament would treat that as private, so the only person really in a position to raise it in any formal way would be the constituent themselves.

Yours sincerely

Iain Gray MSP

The gist is

He has been inandated with Rangers fans

He’s still thinking us and them

It can’t just be concerned adults looking for justice
t
Why wouldn’t he be at least half of his constituency will be made up of Rangers fans. Me unfortunately being one of them. So is he saying if you follow Rangers you should not be allowed to lodge a complaint about children being abused because to his mind your opinion doesn’t count.

I’ve asked why

If it was because it wasn’t proved it was genuine email
All admin had to do was pm me and I would have showed the 3 months of emails from this fuker
Happy to forward my mail from Iain Grey to Admin if required.

Every other culture, or football fan, can be proud and very protective of their identity. We on the other hand are classed as point scoring sectarian bigots. To top it off, our supposedly on kind, back the hoardes of haters he'll mind them

His comments are not foolish, they are sick, it is in no way acceptable to liken child abuse in any way, shape or form, to tax events.

He needs to apologise or resign.

Last edited:

Thank you for your email. Like you I find Mr Mason’s reported remarks very foolish to say the least, and also offensive particularly to survivors of child abuse. My colleague, James Kelly MSP has commented on Labour MSP’s behalf, to that effect.

However, as far as I can tell from the newspaper story the remarks are contained in a private email exchange with a constituent of Mr Mason’s, and Parliament would treat that as private, so the only person really in a position to raise it in any formal way would be the constituent themselves.

Yours sincerely

Iain Gray MSP

That's appalling from Gray, as well. Allowing another MSP off the hook in that manner is shocking.

Whether it was as part of an exchange with a constituent or not, it is now in the public domain and it WAS said by a sitting MSP. He actually compared tax avoidance with paedophile behaviour, and deemed them both as being similarly harmful to children.

Hiding behind parliamentary privileges is precisely why the general public now hold politicians is such low regard. They're bordering on sleazy scum themselves.

Mason should be booted out of public office for good for those truly sick and, frankly, bigotry based comments in his email, Disgraceful. Just disgraceful

Last edited:
Remember they used EBTs as well. So they're guilty of both.
Their one EBT that we know about was actually not even declared with the SFA whereas ours were.

They areb actually guilty of not declaring their use. Still got away with it rite enuf. Strangely we didn't even tho we complied with the SFA and the law at the time of using.

Yours sincerely

Iain Gray MSP

What about “parliamentary privelage”

That's appalling from Gray, as well. Allowing another MSP off the hook in that manner is shocking.

Whether it was as part of an exchange with a constituent or not, it is now in the public domain and it WAS said by a sitting MSP. He actually compared tax avoidance with paedophile behaviour, and deemed them both as being similarly harmful to children.

Hiding behind parliamentary privileges is precisely why the general public now hold politicians is such low regard. They're bordering on sleazy scum themselves.

Mason should be booted out of public office for good for those truly sick and, frankly, bigotry based comments in his email, Disgraceful. Just disgraceful
I can only assume that he'd want to stick to established practice & conventions.

The Sun needs balls booted too

wasn't tax evasion - it was tax avoidance
massively different
You are of course correct mate.....but the Sun will likely say it is reporting on the letter, in which I believe that tramp Mason used the term "evasion".

It's disgusting enough to compare a tax crime to a child abuse crime, but as you say, considering that our tax issues were avoidance and therefore not a "crime"........it makes Masons' comments seem all the more bitter and twisted. A point that the Sun should absolutely have made clear.

I can only assume that he'd want to stick to established practice & conventions.

And those conventions and practices are wrong. That's partly the point I am making.

However, this is already in the public domain.. Surely an MSP can comment on something that is out in public already?

Seems a bit cop-outy to me

You are of course correct mate.....but the Sun will likely say it is reporting on the letter, in which I believe that tramp Mason used the term "evasion".

It's disgusting enough to compare a tax crime to a child abuse crime, but as you say, considering that our tax issues were avoidance and therefore not a "crime"........it makes Masons' comments seem all the more bitter and twisted. A point that the Sun should absolutely have made clear.
Yea it’s his words

Yours sincerely

Iain Gray MSP
In other words, "its nothing to do with me, bugger off".

The “ CABAL “ will circle the wagons no matter which party they belong to this cult knows no bounds.

Yours sincerely

Iain Gray MSP
the fact that its now out in the public domainmeans its no longer private so now he can raise a formal complaint about him

Back