Match of the Day thread

Funny team Watford, huge turnaround of players and managers from such a variety of nations but never really seem to struggle and surprisingly consistent.

Funny team Watford, huge turnaround of players and managers from such a variety of nations but never really seem to struggle and surprisingly consistent.

They appoint well and focus on scouting. The Pozzos have been doing it for years at Udinese.

The last few times I've watched match of the day I cant help thinking how shit some of the players and play are, these are the ones getting paid a fortune and the highlights are the majority of the time dire. There are good games or flashes of play but then you see some and think you wouldn't get away with that shite in the juniors. Maybe just me getting to that age where I seem to moan that everything is shite, especially after last night.

They appoint well and focus on scouting. The Pozzos have been doing it for years at Udinese.
I remember watching a segment on Udinese's scouting on Gazzeta Footbal Italia back in 1997, before everyone was doing it.

Silva will move on in the summer, Spurs would do well to keep an eye on him if they lose Poch.

Marco Silva has very quietly become one of the best managers in the league. Almost saved a dreadful Hull side last season and now working wonders with Watford where he also inherited a shambles.

He's surely destined for one of the really top clubs in the next couple of years.

If I was Man Utd I’d chuck money at Pochettino to get him in, and as stated above if I was Spurs Silva would be top of my list to replace him.

The last few times I've watched match of the day I cant help thinking how shit some of the players and play are, these are the ones getting paid a fortune and the highlights are the majority of the time dire. There are good games or flashes of play but then you see some and think you wouldn't get away with that shite in the juniors. Maybe just me getting to that age where I seem to moan that everything is shite, especially after last night.
It's become more like the NFL, I don't think most of the players really care who they play for as long as it's in the EPL.

If I was Man Utd I’d chuck money at Pochettino to get him in, and as stated above if I was Spurs Silva would be top of my list to replace him.
I was dan saff last night for work and a Spurs fan who works for my company said he'd rather lose Kane and Ali combined than lose Poch.

They absolutely love him.

Oh to have that feeling!

I’m I not right on thinking that when players are drafted in the nfl they don’t really get much of a say,it’s the teams that decide
Yeah you're right, some of them have a preference but it's more about playing in the NFL.

I think you're average guy from Switzerland/Greece/Poland etc isn't really bothered whether they join West Brom or Stoke or Palace, they just want to play in the league.

Yeah you're right, some of them have a preference but it's more about playing in the NFL.

I think you're average guy from Switzerland/Greece/Poland etc isn't really bothered whether they join West Brom or Stoke or Palace, they just want to play in the league.

Yeah you could be right,never really thought about it like that

Why would you bag Jose? In most other seasons they are having a very good season it's just unlucky for them/Jose that Pep has created an absolute monster across the city.

Does anyone else think players are even more desperate to score against their old teams just so they can show they won't celebrate?

Salah is Liverpool's best player. De Bruyne is Man City's best player. Yet neither made it at Chelsea and got punted. Poor management or just circumstances where the players simply didn't show their best?

Why would you bag Jose? In most other seasons they are having a very good season it's just unlucky for them/Jose that Pep has created an absolute monster across the city.

I wouldn’t bag him but he’s already mumping, he often has a dreadful third season and usually the players are sick of him by the end of his deal.

Just because we don’t do forward planning doesn’t mean others shouldn’t!

I wouldn’t bag him but he’s already mumping, he often has a dreadful third season and usually the players are sick of him by the end of his deal.

Just because we don’t do forward planning doesn’t mean others shouldn’t!

Lol yeah the 3rd season syndrome for Jose....

I don't think Poch would get it just now. He's never won anything he'd need to do something out of the ordinary with Spurs first.

Looks like WBA are playing in Mexico strips. Don't suppose they fancy a couple of Mexican internationalists in the January window who are available...?

The move to Wembley has been a nightmare for then it really has. They were phenomenal at The Lane.

It’s a cup final for every visiting team I thought this could really set spurs back playing at Wembley and if a bid comes in for a couple of their top players they have probably peaked as a team and go back to a new stadium and start again.

They haven’t adapted at all. Plus, as much as I admire the manager and the way they play, if Kane gets injured...

It just shows you how important the mental aspect of football is when it comes to performance and success. They are the same players with the same manager but just on a different pitch and different surroundings.

West Ham have been woeful since moving stadium as well.

Will Zlatan get back his best form and make himself a starter again at 36 after such a bad injury?

Tottenham need to win a trophy.

It was mentioned on one of the podcasts (Totally Football, maybe) that even a League Cup would begin to instill a winning mentality - I agree. Spurs and Poch need to take the next step soon.

Tottenham need to win a trophy.

It was mentioned on one of the podcasts (Totally Football, maybe) that even a League Cup would begin to instill a winning mentality - I agree. Spurs and Poch need to take the next step soon.

They certainly won't win the League Cup this season.

They never discussed the elbow in the Swansea Bournemouth game.

If that had been us on BT sport or Sportcene they would still be discussing it.

This whole awarding own goals thing has gone too far. Surely the Man U goal should go to Young - he’s taken a shot and whether or not it’s on target it’s taken a deflection - that’s what it is, a deflection, not an own goal - but the goal should be credited to Young.

Back