Match of the Day/ VAR

Absolute sickener for City...
If you were offered VAR to be introduced to the SPFL from next weekend would you want it?
Most definitely not.
Sitting at a stadium waiting to see if you can cheer a goal will kill football as we know it.
A lot of the English lads I work with are already saying they’d be as well watching at home.

Yeah, all valid remarks. But not sure if they're any worse in reality than the controversy we've always had or just a different kind of controversial.

I'm not ready to demonise or celebrate it yet. I think it'll show it's value in a lot of cases by getting things right that would otherwise have been missed, but it doesn't eliminate the issues that give rise to a good pub or Monday morning office debate.

I think it's the kind of thing that in a few years will just be part and parcel of the game and won't irk folk in the way it now because it's new.

I think the technology itself is great and it's a welcome addition but I just don't think the rules are currently reflecting what it should be used for.

Even last year in the World Cup, a couple of hand balls were given because when the replay was slowed down to a fraction of the speed it hit a player's hand - but in real time there's nothing the defender could've done about it. Portugal vs Iran was one game (I think), then there was another dubious decision in the final I'm sure.

Back