Matchday Catering Focus Group - Tomorrow 9:30

The shouts for Bears Pakora can GTF the c*nts who fart at Ibrox are bad enough!

I’d like to propose make the pies even hotter also for anyone who buys them during the game but disguise them as not being so hot, thanks.

Good luck to everyone this morning, they have had the pies in since midnight ready for your 930 start!

It may have already been mentioned but look to Germany for where you are aiming at in terms paying for food and drink as well as overall quality, it's not that hard.

Have the tims not got Dominoes?

Hardly dreamland, it’s just shit bang average pizza.

Dreamland FFS
It won’t surprise you to hear that I’ve no idea what they have.

Having checked, you are correct so maybe it is possible. I just assumed there wouldn’t be enough time to make pizzas etc but obviously they can have slices ready etc. My bad. This is why I don’t work in catering :cool:

Elior have paid up front for the catering here. They want quick, easy, profitable food sold. They have a 15min window of opportunity to sell as much as possible. They employ kids on the basic minimum wage. Put it this way. They charge £15 for a breakfast at Argyll restaurant. Nobody eats feckin pies at 345 on a Saturday.

We need concourses with tvs that shows live matches pre game, dare I say it, with the ability to get a couple of pre-match (decent) pints.

People will turn up earlier and have the time to get a drink of their choice with some food and live football entertainment.

People don't really want to be in the ground too early, hanging about waiting for the game, but if you could provide better pre-match entertainment then you have the chance to get more people in the ground earlier, which leads to more sales of food and drink.

If you also have the ability to watch the game in the concourse while going for food, then the food selling opportunity could go from 2 really busy 15 min periods, to couple of hours of potentially constant(ish) business with a couple of busier periods within that.

The food and beverage standard needs to be better, you won't see an increase in demand if you don't improve.

There must be some longstanding agreement between the club and elior, you’d think James Bisgrove would have a field day getting companies in and bidding for the catering supplier.

Charge any greedy selfish person who wants to go to Ibrox during the first or second half for something to eat and get in peoples way and interrupting watching the game an extra £2 per item.

Thanks.
I like the fact you’ve omitted people who get up due to bladder problems, amount of goals I miss because I have to pish three times a half :))

Last time I bought coke it was 90% water I think. Absolute rancid pish.

Can’t comment on the food as it was 07/08 season last time I bought food inside the ground.

Got an idea for pre match entertainment though.

Get the cheerleaders back and have them perform right in front of the GE corner :cool:

The shouts for Bears Pakora can GTF the c*nts who fart at Ibrox are bad enough!

I’d like to propose make the pies even hotter also for anyone who buys them during the game but disguise them as not being so hot, thanks.
People asking for a return of bears pakora are looking at it through rose tinted spectacles . The stuff was horrid , over priced wee rubbery balls of “ pakora “ which made half the stadiums arses smell like a sewage plant 20 minutes after being digested . We need a less is more approach , quality fresh ingredients , water , edible affordable food . It’s not difficult .

People asking for a return of bears pakora are looking at it through rose tinted spectacles . The stuff was horrid , over priced wee rubbery balls of “ pakora “ which made half the stadiums arses smell like a sewage plant 20 minutes after being digested . We need a less is more approach , quality fresh ingredients , water , edible affordable food . It’s not difficult .

100% agree with what you are saying mate.

Seeing shout of bluenose burgers are bears pakora are pathetic IMO.

More staff or more outlets, the queues sometimes just put you off even bothering.
the prices are pretty shocking on some items.
Bring back the veggie haggis pies, im not a veggie but they were amazing.

Just renewed season tickets, no say on catering. Family member mygers member, has no season ticket, can be part of focus group on catering on match day? So my £550 to his £50 gives him bigger voice on the match day experience. Surely this cannot be right.
Spot on mate

MyGers members get benefits that are set out clearly for everyone to see.
A membership scheme that raises around a million pounds in additional revenue for the club.
You pay that fee,you get access to the perks.
Don't get me wrong mate, I think Mygers is a brilliant scheme and was long overdue, but imo season ticket holders are the lifeblood of any football club and should be given similar perks at the very least. I pay £700 for mine which is very difficult in current circumstances, and don't get any perks at all.

Was actually hoping to attend this but clearly missed the thread yesterday. Anything for a skive away from work!

Hopefully enough people attended to give their opinion. Remember, if we don’t attend these things and give our feedback then we’ll be stuck with the same-old. Our participation in these things are key.

Don't get me wrong mate, I think Mygers is a brilliant scheme and was long overdue, but imo season ticket holders are the lifeblood of any football club and should be given similar perks at the very least. I pay £700 for mine which is very difficult in current circumstances, and don't get any perks at all.
Sorry but its not really how a membership scheme works. It brings both ST and Non ST holders closer to club can't have a closed shop to just ST holders. Club are growing as a brand so bringing it under 1 umbrella is only way forward. I'm a ST holder btw. All fans are the lifeblood of the club

Do what they do in US stadiums - have different food trucks/enterprises operating at different parts of the ground - the punters will figure out the best.

Been to Yankee Stadium a few times recently and it is indeed an excellent set up.

The stadium design with the massive open walkways certainly lends itself to that better than Ibrox would but I agree something similar would be fantastic, not sure how feasible it is though commercially in this country.

Last edited:
I really don't know why Greg bothers so much on here. A totally thankless task.
Tbh Greg will know himself how bad the catering is, he has a job to do as SLO though so if that means a focus group is the pathway to raise catering standards then great. As long as they take onboard that the quality for the price is unacceptable then the the focus group has worked. If they are just playing the 'game' then people will naturally vent.
Hopefully it went well and the attendees were listened to.

Been able to have a beer in England at a game for around 20 years now..its unbelievable that we can't in Scotland
Yes but we had a riot . . . . . . . . . 41 years ago.
I like to think that society and football fans have changed in those times. The stadiums certainly have.

Sorry but its not really how a membership scheme works. It brings both ST and Non ST holders closer to club can't have a closed shop to just ST holders. Club are growing as a brand so bringing it under 1 umbrella is only way forward. I'm a ST holder btw. All fans are the lifeblood of the club
I know how a membership scheme works, I was a member at Chelsea for a few years, got access to away tickets ( which is why I became member) as well as a pack at start of season, scarf dvd etc, and free monthly magazine. I also know season ticket holders at Chelsea never got them perks so we are no different. ..doesn't change me opinion that season ticket holders deserve a share of the perks.

Check the replies on here and you'll find there are better options from club outlets in England.
Rangers should stop taking the fans for granted.
Don’t think they are takeing the fans for granted atall , it’s football food I honestly don’t understand why folk are screaming for gourmet meals

I expect a pie at the price they charge not to be brick hard. I expect a burger at the price they charge not to be like rubber and the bun not to be hard. Same with hot dog. Premium prices they charge for absolute shite imo. I don't think it's unreasonable if an outlet is charging top £ compared to similar elsewhere for it to be at least decent quality.
Kilmarnock and Dunfermline are 2 grounds that have much better quality of pies and bridies mainstays of matchday food. If 2 clubs like that can at least put a decent offering out I really don't see why we can't.
I agree the killie pie is good but it’s all relative rangers are probably producing 4 times the amount per game with a wider menu but again I’d go back to its football food I don’t know why it needs to be fancy food it’s only there for a heat and to soak up the booze

I agree the killie pie is good but it’s all relative rangers are probably producing 4 times the amount per game with a wider menu but again I’d go back to its football food I don’t know why it needs to be fancy food it’s only there for a heat and to soak up the booze
Well don't charge fancy prices. They charge top prices for ahite currently.

Don’t think they are takeing the fans for granted atall , it’s football food I honestly don’t understand why folk are screaming for gourmet meals

Price and quality of food and service also comes into it.

Lidl can provide perfectly good bockwurst and rolls that I'd happily pay a fiver a pop for at the stadium.
Probably cost about a quid to make.

So a guy who doesnt want an ST pays £50 to be a MyGers member gets more of a say than a guy that shells out £650 for a ST that doesnt want a MyGers membership? Not for me

I’ve sent my suggestion to Greg directly but wanted to share it on here too

As well as being a season ticket holder, I also head up sales for Yoello who are the UK's fastest growing mobile order and pay supplier.

Essentially, it is a QR code based system that allows fans to purchase via an online menu on their mobile phone and collect the pie / drink etc from a whichever part of Ibrox they're in. This is what we do in the other stadiums we work with.

The payment and process is all dealt with online so all the catering staff have to do is hand out the grub

It also ticks a lot of the Covid boxes and avoids massive queues. Seat delivery is an option here too but the staff would need to deliver it. Really easy to load a seat number onto the site

As well as being a season ticket holder, I also head up sales for Yoello who are the UK's fastest growing mobile order and pay supplier.

Essentially, it is a QR code based system that allows fans to purchase via an online menu on their mobile phone and collect the pie / drink etc from a whichever part of Ibrox they're in. This is what we do in the other stadiums we work with.

The payment and process is all dealt with online so all the catering staff have to do is hand out the grub

It also ticks a lot of the Covid boxes and avoids massive queues. Seat delivery is an option here too but the staff would need to deliver it. Really easy to load a seat number onto the site

Sounds great. But only if what I am picking up is worth ingesting.

Hope you get some traction on this.

You could offer me a meet and greet with Laudrup and Gazza when I pick up my pie and bovril but it won't make it taste any better.

Sounds great. But only if what I am picking up is worth ingesting.

Hope you get some traction on this.

You could offer me a meet and greet with Laudrup and Gazza when I pick up my pie and bovril but it won't make it taste any better.

aye agreed - the solution is excellent but the food needs to match (or at least be a wee bit better)

I was on the forum today and the catering company already said they are looking at QR codes and app based menus.

I was on the forum today and the catering company already said they are looking at QR codes and app based menus.

any idea who they were looking at? Difference being I'd be happy to set it up as a ridiculously good deal for the club just so we could point at it as a massive brand we work with.

The current catering set-up has never impressed me so I'd be worried the went for a poor system that we'd be stuck with for years

Elior do the concourse food outlets and the hospitality foods.
Not saying hospitality food should be on offer on concourses or vice versa or thinking about cost differences.
Its just the difference in quality and service. In my experience in several hospitality areas over the years the quality, presentation and service meets the costs paid and no complaints.
The concourse food outlets quality, presentation and service is terrible and falls way below the costs we are asked to pay.
One extreme to the other.

Back