Matlock Town player killed on night out

macmac

Official Ticketer
Horrendous , my eldest boy is 19 and ive got the fear every time he goes out with his mates

two_n_six

It just shows how things can go so tragically wrong in the heat of a moment. No one sets out to kill anyone on a night out but the drink makes some people lose all sense of responsibility.
Sad news, condolences to his friends and family.

WATP87

Drugs involved was the chat last night and that it wasn't just a random interaction. Fucking horrific

texas_pedro

Without knowing the full details I feel sorry for everyone involved in this.

obviously the guy who has died, and his family and friends. But the guy who threw a punch is now also ruined his life. I know plenty of good people who in their youth got involved in one off scrap - it’s a total sliding doors moment.

I remember a mate getting jumped outside the garage one night by folk who’d taken a dislike to something I’m still not sure about but one of them ended up knocked out on the pavement. Guy was ok, but on another night could have been worse.

bluenosebazza

Without knowing the full details I feel sorry for everyone involved in this.

obviously the guy who has died, and his family and friends. But the guy who threw a punch is now also ruined his life. I know plenty of good people who in their youth got involved in one off scrap - it’s a total sliding doors moment.

I remember a mate getting jumped outside the garage one night by folk who’d taken a dislike to something I’m still not sure about but one of them ended up knocked out on the pavement. Guy was ok, but on another night could have been worse.
There was a chamnel 4 documentary on these cases a couple of years back. One of them was a boy who had been attacked by 2 others after a comment about someones haircut. It ended up the boy who had been attacked was cornered and threw a punch in self defence, boy he punched fell and cracked his skull. So despite being the initial victim he now has to carry the guilt of killing someone for the rest of his life because of a daft argument over someones hair.

Senseless and tragic waste of a young life. Ive not been in a fight since i was about 14.