Matlock Town player killed on night out

It just shows how things can go so tragically wrong in the heat of a moment. No one sets out to kill anyone on a night out but the drink makes some people lose all sense of responsibility.
Sad news, condolences to his friends and family.

Drugs involved was the chat last night and that it wasn't just a random interaction. Fucking horrific

Without knowing the full details I feel sorry for everyone involved in this.

obviously the guy who has died, and his family and friends. But the guy who threw a punch is now also ruined his life. I know plenty of good people who in their youth got involved in one off scrap - it’s a total sliding doors moment.

I remember a mate getting jumped outside the garage one night by folk who’d taken a dislike to something I’m still not sure about but one of them ended up knocked out on the pavement. Guy was ok, but on another night could have been worse.

Without knowing the full details I feel sorry for everyone involved in this.

obviously the guy who has died, and his family and friends. But the guy who threw a punch is now also ruined his life. I know plenty of good people who in their youth got involved in one off scrap - it’s a total sliding doors moment.

I remember a mate getting jumped outside the garage one night by folk who’d taken a dislike to something I’m still not sure about but one of them ended up knocked out on the pavement. Guy was ok, but on another night could have been worse.
There was a chamnel 4 documentary on these cases a couple of years back. One of them was a boy who had been attacked by 2 others after a comment about someones haircut. It ended up the boy who had been attacked was cornered and threw a punch in self defence, boy he punched fell and cracked his skull. So despite being the initial victim he now has to carry the guilt of killing someone for the rest of his life because of a daft argument over someones hair.

Senseless and tragic waste of a young life. Ive not been in a fight since i was about 14.

Sadly this seems to be happening more and more, the one punch ending in a death. I’ve got 3 plates in my jaw after being lamped by a coward who came up behind me outside a bar. I cracked my head on the floor when I fell (knocked out for a minute or two). Could have ended in disaster. The bastard kicked me in the head when I was out cold, so I’ve been told. Coward.

One of my good friends died after getting a punch to the head outside a club. Fell and cracked his skull off a kerb. Dead within 2 days. His parents are still not over it nearly 20 years later. Awful.

I’m on the other side of that pal, guy started on me for no reason and wound up in a coma for weeks, got out of hospital and committed suicide, I can tell you it’s no party on my side of the fence.

There was a chamnel 4 documentary on these cases a couple of years back. One of them was a boy who had been attacked by 2 others after a comment about someones haircut. It ended up the boy who had been attacked was cornered and threw a punch in self defence, boy he punched fell and cracked his skull. So despite being the initial victim he now has to carry the guilt of killing someone for the rest of his life because of a daft argument over someones hair.

Senseless and tragic waste of a young life. Ive not been in a fight since i was about 14.

I saw that show, the lad who died wife exonerated the guy but he was still devastated.

I thought i recoginsed the name but goinf by his career i doubt it.
Horrible thing to happen, his families life is destroyed now too and quite possibly a few others who were involved in it. End up in jail from a night out, too much drink and probably too much testosterone
John Sinnet (sp) was the mad bastard Leyton Orient gaffer who offered out and sacked players during his half time team talks. Legend of a man

Back