Matt Crooks

He was never good enough for us but I can understand why we signed him. Both him and Windass were young and up there with the best players in League 2. They were also almost free so it was low risk. Sometimes you can find gems by doing this.

M4AdKYM.gif

Anyone else still waiting on the one that goes boom? :D

Am a season ticket holder at portman road, was at the game. Is as slow as a week in jail and blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes. His first goal went through the keepers legs from about 18 yards, second Ipswich lost the ball in a dangerous area. He is a big unit but really didn't impress at all. No loss.

1 decent match does mean consistently outshining

He's scored 5 goals already this season mate and has been getting good reviews most weeks.

Certainly not good enough for us, but yet again the usual suspects write players off as shite before they've barely kicked a ball, even though he was never at full fitness.

The exact opposite to that was when Jason Cummings was welcomed as the new Messiah by the same folk and he actually was shite.

Crooks is carving out a decent career for himself at a couple of levels below us.

Good luck to him.

League 1 player bought from League 2, out of his depth in Scotland now carving out his career in league 1!
Be shocked to see him play higher, Windass currently plays a higher standard and always will

I forgot about him and I'd almost forgot about Windass.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, we made some money.

Good luck to both lads.

No harm to the lad, we signed a league 2 player with potential. Now he's at his peak and a league 1 player. A low risk signing that didn't work out, good luck and all the best in the future.

We signed him injured. I remember that from the Josh Windass Si Ferry thing. Windass said he was the best player at Accrington Stanley in midfield. He missed the pre season and just couldn't get it together.

Back