Matt Crooks

AnglianBear

Scored twice so far for Rotheram tonight. Surpisingly seems to be carving out more of a career than Josh Windass. Always thought Windass out of the two would be the one to kick on.

Scored twice so far for Rotheram tonight. Surpisingly seems to be carving out more of a career than Josh Windass. Always thought Windass out of the two would be the one to kick on.

He's outshining Hastie and McCrorie in that division consistently every week mate.

Jake on the bench tonight.

M4AdKYM.gif

was probably shite but always thought it was mental people judged him purely on 66 minutes away at Tynecastle on his debut. good sample size to judge off eh.
He was thrown in at the deep end for Warburton that game without question. I think it says more about the standard of league 1 when the likes of him, Docherty etc are classed as stand outs

Too scared to make it with us. Scared isn’t a word I’ve ever used for a footballer but I literally remember him being on as a sub asking kenny miller to play him in. Kenny did just that and young Matt gave it straight back to him after completely freezing for a few seconds

Crooks is in his mid 20s. Hastie and McCrorie are under 21.

Wasn't questioning that mate.

Was just making the point he's carved out a decent career for himself, after getting a lot of unfair abuse on here.

He was never close to full fitness with us.

Completely hung out to dry by Warburton in that Hearts game. Irresponsible management to start him

Suspect now that the novelty of moving to a different country/area has worn off he might be feeling a wee bit homesick which is only natural.

Also the hectic schedule down south, most these teams will change up their forwards/wingers pretty regularly I'd imagine.

Throwing Matt Crooks into that game at Tynecastle was a shocking manager decision, and I was a MB fan.
How did Kamara perform on Sunday in a similar role...., not great..

He wasn’t even in the squad

He was in from the start in the 2-0 game where we started Dodoo through the middle and he had a perfectly good goal chopped off at 0-0. After that we were a mess. Halliday, Crooks and Tavernier were awful. Hearts wanted it more and absolutely bullied us.

All I really remember of him is he got thrown into the team at Tynecastle and they just ran over the top of him.
That game was there for the winning, which is very ironic considering the scoreline. I've been a big fan of Halliday, but that night I thought his mistake cost us badly, giving Hearts the momentum.

Never got a proper chance with us. However I must admit he never looked good enough & it seems like he has found his level

Without trying to sound too negative Hastie is one of those players who will do well in a new league until players and coaches start to figure out how brutally one-footed he is.

Not to say he can't improve and add to his game, I think he will become a big player for us. But I think that explains the bursts of good form he had with Motherwell and Rotherham when he was brought into those teams.

Back