Matt Kono appointed head of medical

Said it several times but the signing of Gerrard was inspired. For all the risk of his managerial inexperience (which has fortunately proven unfounded), the benefit of his connections cannot be matched. We have an EPL level backroom staff and access to the scouting network of the best club in the world at present. We had no right to dream of that a few years ago.

I reckon, all going well in the next couple years, Mick Beale will be our manager when Gerrard leaves
That’s where I’d be putting my money too. If he wants to become a manager, he’ll have to break away from Gerrard at some point and he won’t get a bigger opportunity than Rangers on his first go around as a manager. Just like his current boss.

On an aside, every bit of top level talent that joins Rangers makes it easier to maintain it going forward. We know Gerrard has told the story of how big a club Rangers are publicly. We couldn’t have bought, for a very large sum of money, the promotion SG has brought Rangers. Throw others like Jermain Defoe in there and it’s like winning the lottery.

Can we let Gerrard manage without picking his potential successor.

I like Beale, I like him a lot but it is staggering the noise in here that he will be our next manager.

A great coach with fantastic methods and ideas, his only experience of management is as an assistant in Brazil. I would be shocked if Rangers went from Gerrard to Michael Beale.

We would do well to remember Ian Cathro who was also the next best thing in football. The step up is massive when it's your cock on the block.

Let's enjoy him where he is, he is a massive cog in the machine.

(For anyone going to use Gerrard as an example of someone with no experience getting a big job, the situations are in no way comparable).

Reactions: MSF
Being glass half full type of guy, it does mean there is a massive hole to fill if it's HIS team and they all move on together.
Surely that sglass half empty thinking?That day is someway off and when it does happen,as other posters have mentioned,Mick Beal could possibly be the new manager.
Enjoy the moment mate.

Just had a look on Matts LinkedIn account, jobs changed to head of medical services at rangers.

I like Beale, I like him a lot but it is staggering the noise in here that he will be our next manager.

A great coach with fantastic methods and ideas, his only experience of management is as an assistant in Brazil. I would be shocked if Rangers went from Gerrard to Michael Beale.

We would do well to remember Ian Cathro who was also the next best thing in football. The step up is massive when it's your cock on the block.

(For anyone going to use Gerrard as an example of someone with no experience getting a big job, the situations are in no way comparable).
I totally agree. Great coaches don’t always make great managers.

I can't be alone in thinking that this is too much of a coincidence just after big Sonia has signed? Imagine getting to sponge her?

giphy.gif

Think we have 3 or 4 First team Physios now as well as head of medical. Good to see us stepping into this century ;):))

Our fitness levels are excellent, and touch wood, we have not had many muscle related injuries.

Very happy with our training and development of players.

Cathro never had Gary McAllister or Culshaw alongside him, with the right / same bodies around him as Gerrard there's absolutely no reason why Beale wouldn't be a success

As fans we won’t really know how good or bad this appointment is but hopefully behind the scenes it will be an excellent one.

Litterally never seen anyone mention Beale as the next manager apart from you.

Back