Matt Polster credit post

blueballs

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the big guy.

Likes to get involved, doesn't seem to shirk a challenge, looks to play sensible passes and doesn't try to be a world beater, all in all a welcome addition to the squad.

Plus, a Polster thread might tempt some to upload some pics of his Mrs.

He has a bit of grit about him.

Looks the type of square-jawed, no frills professional every team needs in their squad.

(Like most I want him to succed partly because of his Mrs.)

Didn’t see anything special personally. Thought he had a very quiet game. Granted he didn’t put a foot wrong, but he didn’t really contribute anything either

I like him. He looked pretty solid when he was in front of the defence too (St.Josephs away?).

Outside of LB, there's no a position I'm concerned about any injuries or suspensions.

Rangers-Brittany-Held-762503.jpg

I thought he looked overweight if honest, but I'm not going to judge anyone from that game because the pitch and weather ruined it.

Looked very annoyed throughout the game, I felt that Docherty's hesitancy to look for the ball meant that our right-side was isolated and under-utilised

I was quietly impressed. Just got on with the job in hand and didn’t look out of place in that team. Not a Tav replacement but a good, tidy option for the right games.

Likes to get involved, doesn't seem to shirk a challenge, looks to play sensible passes and doesn't try to be a world beater, all in all a welcome addition to the squad.

He looks good. Doesn't particularly Excel in any one area but looks accomplished at everything

He did well I thought. Was solid enough in defence and managed to get a few decent crosses in as well. Quite like him as a player and he's a good back-up to Tav.

He was bang average today(so was most of team tbh) but let’s pray tav never gets injured

Didn’t see anything special personally. Thought he had a very quiet game. Granted he didn’t put a foot wrong, but he didn’t really contribute anything either
On a difficult pitch with hazardous conditions, this is exactly the way to introduce yourself to a new team.
Contrast this with the problems Andy Halliday was causing himself on the opposite flank.
I thought Polster coped with the conditions well and yes there was nothing to put up in lights, but he was solid and made no mistakes either.

He is building a solid platform and perhaps will be able to show us more in time.

He was bang average today(so was most of team tbh) but let’s pray tav never gets injured
Why? He’s clearly not a bad player and is hardly going to let us done badly. Strange comment to make. Some people just have to be negative about players for no reason.

Why? He’s clearly not a bad player and is hardly going to let us done badly. Strange comment to make. Some people just have to be negative about players for no reason.
Not negative just realistic,against poor opposition what did he do to make you think we have player on our hands?
I’m just being honest that he will never be more than a squad player.

That’s twice I’ve seen him play at RB and he’s put one good cross in.

Sorry to be negative, but that RB position is vital for good quality supply into the box & the guy just doesn’t have the touch.

Brave, strong & athletic I agree, but playing him against the scum & id be worrying about the lack of quality service.

Sorry to be negative, but that RB position is vital for good quality supply into the box & the guy just doesn’t have the touch.

Brave, strong & athletic I agree, but playing him against the scum & id be worrying about the lack of quality service.
He's never going to play against them though barring an injury suspension to Tavernier.

He's a defender.

On a difficult pitch with hazardous conditions, this is exactly the way to introduce yourself to a new team.
Contrast this with the problems Andy Halliday was causing himself on the opposite flank.
I thought Polster coped with the conditions well and yes there was nothing to put up in lights, but he was solid and made no mistakes either.

He is building a solid platform and perhaps will be able to show us more in time.

Halliday has a complete nightmare today. Kept getting caught out by the bounce on the awful pitch and the flight of the ball in the wind. That’s not his fault but all the other players, including the east Fife ones, were coping with it better than him. And he was repeatedly outmuscled. Now he’s a smallish guy so you can see some match ups just not going his way but he should then have been smarter and not got himself involved in situations to be outmuscled.

Polster did very little that stood out but also was acceptably effective in a defensive role. Essentially the same criteria that Flanagan’s fans support him on. He coped with the challenge better than Halliday. Whether that means he’d look better than Halliday on a better pitch too or whether Halliday was just having a random stinker, who knows?

I’d give Polster a pass from today. But he’s clearly nowhere near challenging to be in the starting 11.

We definitely need a left back though.

Was there any particularly good crosses today? The wind seemed to be catching the ball all the time.

I like Polster, he seems solid enough in defence. He doesn't offer as much in attack as Tav, but there isn't a defender in the Scottish Premiership who is better than Tav. Polster has the hardest job at the club in trying to displace the captain, yet he's stepped up every time he's been called upon IMO

Was there any particularly good crosses today? The wind seemed to be catching the ball all the time.

I like Polster, he seems solid enough in defence. He doesn't offer as much in attack as Tav, but there isn't a defender in the Scottish Premiership who is better than Tav. Polster has the hardest job at the club in trying to displace the captain, yet he's stepped up every time he's been called upon IMO

Maybe I’m asking for too much.

I did say that the lad has a good attitude, athleticism, strength.

But maybe you weren’t at the Oxford match when conditions were so much better & he had one decent cross out of roughly 11-12 that day too.

I want us to win 55 this year & if Polster starts 6-8 games due to injury or suspension for Tav I think it will cost us points, especially if it’s against top 6 teams.

Hope I’m wrong. Love the guys spirit.

Back