Matt Polster possibly away?

If McCrorie/Patterson are backup to Tav for the upcoming season then I wouldn't be overly concerned.

McCrorie does need to find a postion, though.
For me McCrorie is a destroyer best played in Defensive midfield I reckon Patterson will be back up or we will bring in another RB but I doubt that will be the case

I thought he showed a lot more promise than Patterson.

Hopefully we have a new right back lined up because we’re painfully short at full-back at the moment.

Didn't think he put a foot wrong when he played. All the best to him if he goes.

His missus is staying though, right?

Right???!

Because he played about 15 minutes a game and mostly games that were done. Leverkusen don’t score a 3rd if he was able to defend.

Reactions: MSF
Excellent deal

contributed very little and a complete waste of money

Patterson to challenge Tav for right Back slot

I d like to see patterson doing it
I'd prefer someone who is capable of challenging Tav for the position regardless of who they are. We can't rely on Patterson or Bassey to hold onto the full back slots just yet.

For me McCrorie is a destroyer best played in Defensive midfield I reckon Patterson will be back up or we will bring in another RB but I doubt that will be the case

I agree. I just don't think Gerrard likes him there - he wants someone who can recycle the ball quicker and has a better positional sense.

Ultimately, if we can get better then we should. We either have to start using McCrorie or we have to sell him.

Good luck to him, a decent player but for the good of his career he needs to play more regularly. No place in midfield for him however.

Best for him to move on, he is not getting enough game time and his career has stalled. Seemed a good guy, always gave his all, the Americans usually do have a competitive, confident attitude which is always a good thing. Always seemed grateful for the opportunity to play for us. However, he was never going to get a run of games to develop further, getting 10 minutes as a sub every now and again is no good. Would have preferred to went out on loan to a Hearts or similar to see how we would come on in the Scottish game, but I think we all doubt he had the quality required to become a regular.

Didn't think he put a foot wrong when he played. All the best to him if he goes.

His missus is staying though, right?

Right???!

His defending for one of the goals at Tynecastle was poor, he also nearly sold another goal and the third vs. Leverkusen that he played a major part in killed the tie.

That's three off the top of my head. Got an easy ride because his Mrs is a looker.

Reactions: MSF
I think he offers quite a bit going forward as well, I would like to have seen a bit more of him.

He had the hardest place to fight for with Tav being captain (shagger excluded).

Because he played about 15 minutes a game and mostly games that were done. Leverkusen don’t score a 3rd if he was able to defend.

seemed decent in the Hearts game, the only person who seemed to care unlike most of the team that evening

This will promote Patterson into back up rb slot, which is the correct move. Players like polster only block the pathway of youth players coming through. The type of signing that we need to avoid moving forward
I really, really can't see Gerrard going from dropping Patterson at home to St Mirren to giving him such a big responsibility within 6 months.

I'd like to be wrong but he is massively risk averse

No Pictures of Brittany...

brittaany-held-3-e1548862351610.jpg

brittany-held-6-e1548864123249.jpg

I agree. I just don't think Gerrard likes him there - he wants someone who can recycle the ball quicker and has a better positional sense.

Ultimately, if we can get better then we should. We either have to start using McCrorie or we have to sell him.
He's not a starter in our current system for sure but games where we are losing the midfield battle like Tynecastle last season he would be a decent option to come on and help us win the battle or even as a defensive sub to see out the tight 1-0 type games but if any decent offers come in for him I reckon we will cash in

I always remember the vast difference between Polster and Flanagan at Tynecastle away in January. Flanagan so reluctant to go forward and drive us up the pitch whereas when Polster came on in the second half, he was very positive for us by offering us a bit more in that right back position that day

The 2nd goal that day began from him being badly out of position and didnt get over to close the cross down. Throw in Leverkusens 3rd goal as well it's easy to see he isn't a right back.

Good luck to him but he's not good enough and Ross Wilson doing another great job by moving him on and getting a transfer fee.

[B said:
"kirkiebluenose, post: 6376701, member: 2036"]
McCrorie definitely isn’t a RB [/B]and imo I can’t see him playing for Rangers much
Yes, I watched him last night [subbed at 60 minutes] and wasn't particularly impressed. Thought he was mainly at fault for Oxford's equaliser.

I really, really can't see Gerrard going from dropping Patterson at home to St Mirren to giving him such a big responsibility within 6 months.

I'd like to be wrong but he is massively risk averse
I agree, sadly.

Patterson has really got to question his future if we sign someone else at RB though.

I agree, sadly.
If we do another Bassey situation for the RB slot and Patterson gets a loan to a good level then it's understandable.

If we sign a journeyman then its unforgivable

If we do another Bassey situation for the RB slot and Patterson gets a loan to a good level then it's understandable.

If we sign a journeyman then its unforgivable
Not really to be honest, I think that'd be equally as bad mate. Signing an academy player with no expierence of first team level to go in ahead of NP would be a serious vote of no confidence.

Good deal all round. 18 months he's been here and only made a very small handful of appearances, almost all of them at right back when he's more usually a midfielder. He was never getting in our midfield so we found another position for him. He's had 18 month to impress in training and the coaches and SG haven't thought he did enough to dislodge any of the starters.

I like his attitude (I find generally all American players have the right attitude) and wish him (and his missus) well.

Also well done to Ross Wilson for getting even a small fee. In years gone by, we'd have paid Matt off.

I'll continue to follow Brittany on Insta to keep an eye on how Matt gets on with his career.

Wouldn’t be a surprise. Hardly featured since he signed even when we were struggling for form. Good luck to him if he goes, seems Like a decent guy who enjoys being at the club.

This will promote Patterson into back up rb slot, which is the correct move. Players like polster only block the pathway of youth players coming through. The type of signing that we need to avoid moving forward
Will it though? Not seen much evidence that SG will give young lads a real chance.

Good attitude etc but not up to cover RB or CM. Hopefully a few more out the door.

Hopefully. A decent bloke but a ridiculous signing.

Nice hyperbole.

Carlos Pena was a 'ridiculous' signing. Polster was a punt that didn't really work out the way both the Club and I expect him hoped but if this is to be believed we are getting a decent fee for him and both parties can move on.

He’s not good enough to take the spot off of Tav so makes sense to get rid. Best of luck to him elsewhere.

Back