Matt Polster possibly away?

Strange one with Polster. I doubt its attitude or fitness. And he looked like he was more than capable whenever he came in. Maybe the coaching staff just dont fancy it

I always find it amazing when someone with no connection to the club can come here from a foreign country and have such a meaningful relationship with the fans and the club then leave a Rangers fan for life. She’ll be sorely missed!!

Matt seems a good lad as well so all the best to him for the future and well done Ross Wilson for getting a fee and not paying him off like we used to do.

Why? Squads need decent backup players and he was that. Could play a few positions also.

A guy coming off the back of a serious injury who sat in the stand collecting a wage for the best part of 18 months. When he did play he looked poor. There was no need in his signing at all.

Will we make a profit in transfer fees? Yes

Will we make a profit overall? No

See above. It's good that we're recouping some of what we've outlayed on wages but overall we'll be down £.

Good luck to the lad in future.
Does any team ever make an overall profit when selling a player then?

Profits and losses are based on transfer fees. The wages are paid to him because he is an employee and he is paid for working, they arent factored into whether we make a loss or not.

300k is great business for Polster.

We have heard about the Leicester kid Gyamfi-He could be a good shout.
Not sure how he compares to Patterson but I just want the best squad so if Gyamfi is better then get him in and loan out Patterson.
Either way though we need to get Patterson playing to keep him progressing

Oh well at least when he hangs up his boots he can say " I played for the famous Glasgow Rangers "

Hopefully. A decent bloke but a ridiculous signing.

Another completely baffling signing, who wasn't give much of a chance to dislodge Tavernier, who seems once again to be bulletproof!
There was talk before the shutdown that Tavernier, and possibly Goldson would be for the off.

Now I know it's early, and there may yet be some more to leave...but if we start off the season, again with the same defence including Helander, and Katic...pretty much the players, apart from Helander...who played the last part of the last season, then we are going to have the same issues as last time. Why wouldn't we?

They are who they are ...

Only time will tell...

If polster goes, a think another rb will be signed as back up to tav, Patterson should be back up but tav plays almost every game so a think he will go out on loan

Decent enough player, however we have too many blocking the path to the first team for our youngsters.

If polster goes, a think another rb will be signed as back up to tav, Patterson should be back up but tav plays almost every game so a think he will go out on loan
Tav had a poor season last year, but I think he was over played.

Played out of position, looked better in midfield. Didn't cost a lot, stepped up when asked, had a mistake against Leverkusen (plenty others made similair mistakes in other games) but seemed to really enjoy being at the club and being one of us. If he stays I'd be happy, think he has something to offer as a squad player, if he goes, best wishes to the lad.

A baffling and questionable signing since day one.

Essentially a utility player with no role which I found bizarre even then in most of his rare appearances he was never up to the standard required. All this neat and tidy patter doesn't cut it for me.

The more mediocre players we move on the better this summer imo.

It's not just the first team that needs quality the squad badly needs competition and players who we can bring in and do a job when required.

Hopefully more will be moved on in the coming weeks like Barker, Jones, Stewart and a good few others.

Last edited:
Wish him all the best, didn't get much of a chance in the first team but he didn't seem anywhere near good enough when he did get gametime. Will miss Mrs Polster though.

Folk on here saying it was a baffling signing. It was low risk, he was a probably on low wages around 2 k a week , and would have played had flannigan or Tav got a bad injury. The club always needs back up and I don’t see why the singing was baffling to some people.

On my time on FF I've learned one thing, a large percentage of our posters still think its the 1980s where you have a first 11 and 2 subs, they don't seem to be able grasp the concept having a squad

On my time on FF I've learned one thing, a large percentage of our posters still think its the 1980s where you have a first 11 and 2 subs, they don't seem to be able grasp the concept having a squad
Polster was just a signing for signing sake. We had Flanagan who could cover at right back and last season we also had Patterson too.

Central midfield was also our most populated area in the team too.

He was an utter waste of money on wages.

He was a very decent player who contributed in various positions when asked to. Can’t say more than that. His natural gift is lower than many others who have worn our colours but he used what he had, something that not all do. Won’t be particularly sad to see him go but he goes with all my best wishes and the hope that he can excel at a slightly lower level.

It does make the right back slit interesting though. We now would have really absolutely no senior cover for Tav. Jack is probably best suited if needed. So the question is whether we think Patterson is ready or whether a senior deputy will be acquired. I’m happy to trust the management either way. Patterson looked pretty decent in his few run outs but also had enough question marks that I wouldn’t be upset if he’s not considered the answer at present.
I would think McRorie will also challenge for that spot. Plays there for Portsmouth and Scotland u21s.

Another completely baffling signing, who wasn't give much of a chance to dislodge Tavernier, who seems once again to be bulletproof!
There was talk before the shutdown that Tavernier, and possibly Goldson would be for the off.

Now I know it's early, and there may yet be some more to leave...but if we start off the season, again with the same defence including Helander, and Katic...pretty much the players, apart from Helander...who played the last part of the last season, then we are going to have the same issues as last time. Why wouldn't we?

Only time will tell...
Maybe, because it’s not the defence who are the primary problem.
Perhaps, it’s viewed that a bigger issue is the defensive midfield or, more likely in my opinion, that is the front of the team and the lack of goals from midfield and wide players that is more a concern.

Only time will tell...
Goldsoms superb when he plays with helander , he looks more comfortable and can play his game without worrying about covering Katic

Only time will tell...
Your right, they then need to be transformed into winners via the mentality route. Souness did it with an addition of 3 players.
2 years down the line, with most of the same players.
I have my doubts.
Hagi isnt going to be the difference imo.
For a start a hurlock, souness or buthcher type is needed.

Polster was just a signing for signing sake. We had Flanagan who could cover at right back and last season we also had Patterson too.

Central midfield was also our most populated area in the team too.

He was an utter waste of money on wages.
How do you know Paterson was ready then? How do you know the club weren’t considering selling Tav at that time, you have no idea what was going on behind the scenes and I doubt very much he was a signing for signing sake.

I liked the look of Polster. Never got a chance in the midfield and rightly so at times tbh as our midfield for the majority was on form. Wish him well though if he does leave.

Back