Matt Polster

Henderson55

Having watched him against oxford and Marseille the player that surprised me the most was Matt Polster , against oxford played a great game at RB almost identical to how tav plays bombing forward and then against Marseille he comfortabley filled in at CM against some expensive players and then covered RB again when tav went off

Having initially not thought much of Polster having seen how he plays I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he was needed for cover in either position this season

Thoughts?

Every time I think of Polster.
66-A4-E010-80-C5-4493-8-E1-E-C7-FE58-D6168-D.jpg

Matt-polster-brittany-held-768310.jpg

adequate understudy, probably a bit harsh but not seen enough of him to give him any further upgrade

Totally agree wasn’t sure what to expect with him but he’s looked confident and assured looks good on the ball, looks solid good build about him.
Bit like Halliday very versatile.
Look forward to seeing more of him.

Exactly that - he will be our "halliday" on the right able to cover a number of positions. Not good enough to hold down a first team place but we wont have any dramas with him coming in if he needs to.

Early days, guy can play and like.most Gerrard signings he is an athlete, would have no qualms if he played, think he will probably start Thursday

Better than scum options@ no 2
Correct mate, and when you consider the big deal the scum media made about them trumping us to the signing of a 2nd American we had on trial also. The other one has only played College football and couldn't get a work permit, so back in the US with a nice multi year deal from St Pats

He looks good on the ball and is a very strong runner. Not totally surprised by it to be honest the gaffer knows what he's doing.

Really like the look of Polster, he's a bit more athletic than I thought he would be (I guess that's what a Gerrard pre-season does to you!) and looks really comfortable on the ball.

He seemed to be quite well thought of in the states, DC United didn't want to let him go, and certainly he's looked comfortable in the 2 friendlies. Hope we see more of him.

Absolutely hilarious that the mere mention of Polster spawns a flurry of Britney pictures. For that reason alone he’s my no 1 signing haha

Looks to be a good addition with a chance to cement a place in the squad .
Looks a typical American who are born and brought up through schools and colleges to have a winners mentality.
Will be able to handle pressure really like him.

He's been solid think he could be better going forward but defensively he times his tackles brilliantly and can play a disciplined role in midfield aswell decent squad option imo

The whole american college sports set ups are first class. The athletes they produce is top class

Having watched him against oxford and Marseille the player that surprised me the most was Matt Polster , against oxford played a great game at RB almost identical to how tav plays bombing forward and then against Marseille he comfortabley filled in at CM against some expensive players and then covered RB again when tav went off

Having initially not thought much of Polster having seen how he plays I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he was needed for cover in either position this season

Thoughts?

Good cover, both at full back and holding midfield.

Useful addition.

We're going to be in the position where players who would've easily walked into the team the past few seasons will be getting left out. It's a good headache to have I suppose. I think the likes of Polster will be starting in the cup games.

He looks solid.

Back