Matthew Knox

Was a boy on here recently saying we should sign him.

Wouldnt have mattered if he went to man united. Plenty players have failed to make the grade there and ended up at similar levels

He had trials at places but he stunk the place out.

Don’t think he was ever a stand out at any level, I think these trials were perhaps token gestures as a thanks to the agent for other deals.

He had trials at places but he stunk the place out.

Don’t think he was ever a stand out at any level, I think these trials were perhaps token gestures as a thanks to the agent for other deals.

Stunk the place out?

Does this mean he was a little prick or in fact just not as good as was being suggested at the time?

I don’t know what all the hype was about this boy, I saw him about 6 times and every performance was average to below standard. TBH I think Brechin City is his level.

How does someone go from being average (as some have said on here) to being chased by some of the top clubs in the world?

How does someone go from being average (as some have said on here) to being chased by some of the top clubs in the world?

I always remember Snodgrass went from being on loan at Stirling Albion to being linked with Barcelona. I know Snodgrass has made a decent career for himself, but nowhere near the level of Barca! Weird stuff happens. I think it's mainly down to agents and favours as a poster above alluded to.

Did this guy come from the Prestonpans area ?
Yes.

He was on trial at Raith Rovers last week and played as a trials against Cowdenbeath (I think?) at the weekend. I was told he was really poor. Trying to beat everyone on his own and has no pace. Considered not good enough for League 1 Raith Rovers........

As so often happens, some young players mature before others and are unable to maintain consistent improvement, as later developers continue to develop and leave them behind.

Happens in every sport.
Being an athlete you'd rcognise the name Graham Williamson who could always get the better of Steve Cram as teenagers. However he didn't kick on the way Cram did.

Being an athlete you'd rcognise the name Graham Williamson who could always get the better of Steve Cram as teenagers. However he didn't kick on the way Cram did.

Williamson was an incredible middle distance runner as a junior Alex.

His times were way ahead of what Cram was achieving, probably until their late teens and then Cram left him behind.

I've seen the same happen so often in athletics and triathlon mate.

Back