Maurizio Sarri

H

Hkda

He actually has a better win % than Gerrard, but then we’ve not been absolutely thumped by two teams in the space of a fortnight

Deezy

Over achieved at Napoli, completely out of his depth. I don't think he will last a lot longer.

JW1988

I don’t think they’d have got Higuain if it wasn’t for Sarri. He could be the striker to bang 20-30 a season

PortoyMortoy

Don't think he's clueless, just a bit stubborn. That Chelsea squad will turn on a manager in a second and they've done it again. A smart club would have seen this already and had a full on rebuild of the squad

Thommo2006

Who would o be the Chelsea manager? One wrong word against a player they down tools. I dont care how useless a manager is no Chelsea team should be getting humped 4 0 to Bournemouth and 6 0 to Chelsea with the players they have in their squad

Forza_Napoli

A lot of his success at Napoli was down to rafa he had already built a good side for Sarri to walk into he basically solidified an already good team I said at the time of his appointment at Chelsea he wasn't suited to managing in the epl what he can't compensate for is players completely downing tool that's the third manager in a row those players have down that to which is an absolute disgrace

cold

I think there was some sort of issue between Abramovich and the UK Govt and he’s now never here at all. He spends time between Russia and Israel. I cannot see him retaining much interest, but if he pulls out for good they would be royally fkd im sure.
Jim Ratcliffe who is Britain's richest man offered to buy Chelsea not that long ago.

dt17

Comparing his appointment to Caixinha...deary me!

Pretty sure Sarri won manager of the year in Serie A. He might've inherited a good Rafa Benitez team but he also had to make changes when they lost Higuain.

steve1873

Comparing his appointment to Caixinha...deary me!

Pretty sure Sarri won manager of the year in Serie A. He might've inherited a good Rafa Benitez team but he also had to make changes when they lost Higuain.
Hence the reason I added the disclaimer "at a different level". It is still a bizarre appointment. He is pretty much a journeyman manager. This is his 19th club.

Him winning Serie A manager of the year is all well and good. He is as out of his depth at Chelsea as Caixinha was for us. I wasn't comparing them directly quite clearly.

jonesy8

There are a lot of Chelsea players for a long time who have been guilty of downing tools to get a manager sacked and this is another case of that.

GeeGee

Squad needs a big rebuild there.

If Hazard wants out they should punt him for as much as they can get and use that to start rebuilding.

Not sure if even Abramovic has deep enough pockets to challenge Liverpool or the Manchester clubs these days though. Or the interest.

Opta

Squad needs a big rebuild there.

If Hazard wants out they should punt him for as much as they can get and use that to start rebuilding.

Not sure if even Abramovic has deep enough pockets to challenge Liverpool or the Manchester clubs these days though. Or the interest.
Hazard has 18 month left on his deal, they won’t get anywhere near as they’ll need to rebuild their team. To go from an ultra defensive manager like Conte to an attacking one like Sarri was mental considering Abramovich has lost interest in Chelsea and isn’t willing to spend silly money.

The Hooded Claw

Do they ? I think they've got two at a push. Hazard and Kante.

The rest ? Nowhere near elite or top tier. Some very good players, some good players and some bog standard EPL players.
Azpilicueta, Willian, Pedro could also walk into most teams. Bog standard they are not but the are playing poorly and that is why I think the manager will go

dt17

Azpilicueta, Willian, Pedro could also walk into most teams. Bog standard they are not but the are playing poorly and that is why I think the manager will go
Issue is Pedro & Willian are about 30 odd. Azpilicueta can't be far off it either.

They should sell Hazard to PSG or Madrid and get about £150m+

Ibroxkev

I actually quite liked his story.

Worked in banking and began coaching in what was something like the 9th Division of Italian football and worked his way up.

He had a great Napoli team before going to Chelsea, maybe he’s just more suited to the Italian game.

venturablue

Abramovich had something like at least 12 billion, I think he has the money. But apparently his initial reasons tax and Visa wise for wanting Chelsea are no longer available for the UK gov so has fucked off most of the year to tax havens.

I think he is also wanting to run the club right regarding cost to revenue and so on. Sounking money on sacking managers can't be helping though