Maurizio Sarri

Comparing his appointment to Caixinha...deary me!

Pretty sure Sarri won manager of the year in Serie A. He might've inherited a good Rafa Benitez team but he also had to make changes when they lost Higuain.

Hence the reason I added the disclaimer "at a different level". It is still a bizarre appointment. He is pretty much a journeyman manager. This is his 19th club.

Him winning Serie A manager of the year is all well and good. He is as out of his depth at Chelsea as Caixinha was for us. I wasn't comparing them directly quite clearly.

There are a lot of Chelsea players for a long time who have been guilty of downing tools to get a manager sacked and this is another case of that.

Squad needs a big rebuild there.

If Hazard wants out they should punt him for as much as they can get and use that to start rebuilding.

Not sure if even Abramovic has deep enough pockets to challenge Liverpool or the Manchester clubs these days though. Or the interest.

Squad needs a big rebuild there.

If Hazard wants out they should punt him for as much as they can get and use that to start rebuilding.

Not sure if even Abramovic has deep enough pockets to challenge Liverpool or the Manchester clubs these days though. Or the interest.
Hazard has 18 month left on his deal, they won’t get anywhere near as they’ll need to rebuild their team. To go from an ultra defensive manager like Conte to an attacking one like Sarri was mental considering Abramovich has lost interest in Chelsea and isn’t willing to spend silly money.

Do they ? I think they've got two at a push. Hazard and Kante.

The rest ? Nowhere near elite or top tier. Some very good players, some good players and some bog standard EPL players.
Azpilicueta, Willian, Pedro could also walk into most teams. Bog standard they are not but the are playing poorly and that is why I think the manager will go

Azpilicueta, Willian, Pedro could also walk into most teams. Bog standard they are not but the are playing poorly and that is why I think the manager will go

Issue is Pedro & Willian are about 30 odd. Azpilicueta can't be far off it either.

They should sell Hazard to PSG or Madrid and get about £150m+

I actually quite liked his story.

Worked in banking and began coaching in what was something like the 9th Division of Italian football and worked his way up.

He had a great Napoli team before going to Chelsea, maybe he’s just more suited to the Italian game.

images-4.jpg

This has made me want a bit of toast. I could kill you for posting this.

Abramovich had something like at least 12 billion, I think he has the money. But apparently his initial reasons tax and Visa wise for wanting Chelsea are no longer available for the UK gov so has fucked off most of the year to tax havens.

I think he is also wanting to run the club right regarding cost to revenue and so on. Sounking money on sacking managers can't be helping though

His tactics yesterday we’re an absolute disgrace.

Embarrassing from Chelsea. The entire team was a shambles. They seem to have been told to operate a high press but it was insipid and disorganised. It is clear it hadn’t been coached. It takes weeks of drilling this stuff in to get it to an ok level. City away is not the place to experiment with this type of stuff.

Kante being left like a fish out of water is baffling and that keeper. :eek:

Sarri’s a goner. Doomed I tell, ye, doomed. :)

Based on what?

They have and will continue to get good managers and one or two clowns then sack them
Based on getting the bullet constantly, do you think pep or klopp would go there?
Its now down the pecking order for jobs.
Lets face it the likes of lampard and terry held it together for them for years.
There days of winning the league are now finished.

There are a lot of Chelsea players for a long time who have been guilty of downing tools to get a manager sacked and this is another case of that.
Their display yesterday was a downright disgrace and I say that as no fan of Chelsea. Absolute frauds.

He seems like a guy who definitely has his way of doing things and it’s worked for him in the past, but the problem he has is that the current squad clearly isn’t up to it and Chelsea as a club take such a short term view on everything he likely isn’t going to get the chance to implement his style fully. Some question over Abramovich’s desire to continue to bankroll it also.

If he makes it another couple of weeks to the League Cup final and gets pumped again that will be that I think.

No idea where they would go next either as they have been through most of the big name managers.

The problem at Chelsea is not the management although he is out of his depth.

That squad and those players are and have been a disgrace for the last few years.

Literally just stop trying when they want a change.

The squad are a better group of players than he is a manager.

%^*& him off and let another manager rebuild them

"Fraud" is such shite patter; Sarri, like Jorginho, doesn't seem to be suited to the style of the Premier League, but we'll likely never know what "Sarri-ball" is supposed to be because the players look like they're refusing to accept his methods. Chelsea definitely don't look anything like the Napoli team from the past three years, which was all about quick counter-attacking football and blowing opponents away.

Jorginho has looked a massive waste of money; 1 goal and no assists in the league and recycling the ball with no real purpose. Kante played as the defensive midfielder in two different, consecutive title-winning teams so to move him to accommodate Jorginho is baffling.

Why would they be fucked? Would he not just sell to another Billionaire who would continue pumping money into the club?

Sounds so simple when you say it quickly.

Chelsea owe him over £1 billion so Chelsea would need someone willing to pay at least that. I can't imagine you become a billionaire by throwing it away.

Sounds so simple when you say it quickly.

Chelsea owe him over £1 billion so Chelsea would need someone willing to pay at least that. I can't imagine you become a billionaire by throwing it away.

Sounds interesting, I'm going to go and read about the ownership structure they have there.

Chelsea beginning to show what it looks like when billionaires can’t be arsed with their toy any more.

Sarri won't last the season, and they will probably get someone in till the end of the season,,, Then I think they might go back for Rafa, as I think he will leave Newcastle,,, but if not Rafa who, there is not alot of quality about,,, Eddie Howe maybe

Sarri won't last the season, and they will probably get someone in till the end of the season,,, Then I think they might go back for Rafa, as I think he will leave Newcastle,,, but if not Rafa who, there is not alot of quality about,,, Eddie Howe maybe

Eddie fuuking Howe.

I feel sorry for the Chelsea fans that need to deal with that.

He’s not out of his depth, he comes from a footballing culture where even if the players don’t agree with the coaches tactics, or see the flaws, they still obey instruction for the 90 minutes and leave it to the ownership to act.

Not this Chelsea side. They just down tools and flutter their lashes at Uncle Roman.

They’re pathetic.

Back