Maurizio Sarri

Sarri won't last the season, and they will probably get someone in till the end of the season,,, Then I think they might go back for Rafa, as I think he will leave Newcastle,,, but if not Rafa who, there is not alot of quality about,,, Eddie Howe maybe
Not a chance Chelsea will appoint Rafa.

I was at some games when he was interim manager last time and the atmosphere was toxic - and that was even with the team winning.

The fans don't like him due to his Liverpool connection and his comments such as the 'plastic flags' that he made about us when he was Liverpool boss.

Chelsea are a really toxic club for managers and as much as it would hurt the club money wise I don't think it would be a bad thing if Roman sold up.

They really need to strip it back from top to bottom and get some long term stability at the club. They have a great youth system but its just used as a money making machine and the players aren't actually playing for Chelsea.

If they were to go down this route then I think Lampard would be perfect for the job.

I actually quite liked his story.

Worked in banking and began coaching in what was something like the 9th Division of Italian football and worked his way up.

He had a great Napoli team before going to Chelsea, maybe he’s just more suited to the Italian game.
Like a more successful Warburton I'm sure that he was in banking an paid his way into football

Comparing his appointment to Caixinha...deary me!

Pretty sure Sarri won manager of the year in Serie A. He might've inherited a good Rafa Benitez team but he also had to make changes when they lost Higuain.

It took Sarri a while to get going as a manager but he's had 6 consecutive successful years in Italy prior to taking over at Chelsea.

Yes appointing a manager that took Napoli to 2nd in Serie A last season is definitely as bizarre as us appointing Pedro Caixinha.

Took Napoli to within 4 points of Juventus.

Reading these comments it's as if half this board thinks football begins and ends with the EPL.

One of a host of modern day managers that care more about their “style” and “philosophy” than they do about winning games.

His teams bore me to tears the way they aimlessly pass the ball about going nowhere and they constantly look suspect to a counter attack.

Back