Max Lowe a target for Rangers

Not so much ability alone, as a combination of ability and personality. ;)

Pena and Cummings behave like absolute arseholes off the park, Wilson played and strolled about like he couldn't give a %^*& mate.

Cardoso was like a greetin bird against Motherwell in the semi when Bowman done him.

I could go on and on.

I don't get the hate for Worrall compared to some of the real gutless wanks we've had recently.

I hope we intend to actually sign some proper quality players to slot into our first 11 now we’ve signed up a fair few squad players ..

I still think there will be a couple of genuine quality 1st pick signings mate.

So just reverting to bring in players who aren't any better than what we have when it is better quality that is required to step up a gear,Jones is another bizarre signing,not any better than what we have at present,being perfectly honest he couldn't lace Kent's boots.

Kent’s not our player and there’s no guarantee that he’ll be back. Get your drift though bud just a bad example

Greg Taylor and Scott McKenna. Jesus...

McKenna especially is vastly over rated. He is dreadful. Bad on the ball, slow. His strengths are supposed to be his strength and prowess in the air and both those were highlighted and exposed in the two games for Scotland, albeit one of the games was against Belgium but if he is the player he is believed to be then these are the games you would expect him to shine in and at least showcase his main attribute in the air.

We need a left back. He’d be an improvement on what we have although I’d like better.

All those who think barisic is the best left back in the league are delusional. The guy has been awful.

FFS, if there’s one thing this board can’t be criticised for its putting their money where their mouths are, jeezo.

Last season Gerrard had about £6m net spend.

Given our European run, ST increase etc, I and I expect Gerrard will be expecting the same net spend at the very least.

I hope we bring in 3 first 11 quality players as we will need them if we want to win this league

We need to up the quality now christ sake we have a squad of squad players.

Gerrard says quality did he not?

I hope hes behind all these signings and has sanctioned them all.

Do you have the stats for Barišić?

I thought we may have targeted a more finished left back as it's a problem area. Although know one actually knows if we are in for Lowe or not.

Spend will probably be similar to last season, unlike some I don't see a spending spree. The money isn't there.

We've brought in three players from the Scottish Premiership, possibly a 4th in Lowe. We've now got to go and sign quality as filling the squad with Scottish based players won't over take the bheggars.
D9BpjhKUIAA8Y7n

I’m not the best at reading these things but they look better than Lowe’s. Some do look odd though - best %defensive fuels won in the league?

Am I right that these stats completely miss poor positioning though - if he’s not in the right place to be in a defensive duel, it doesn’t count as one lost?

I’m not the best at reading these things but they look better than Lowe’s. Some do look odd though - best %defensive fuels won in the league?

Am I right that these stats completely miss poor positioning though - if he’s not in the right place to be in a defensive duel, it doesn’t count as one lost?
Yep it is better than Lowe’s, to be expected I think because Barisic is clearly the more talented player. Its lack of heart, fight, determination & desire that hold him back, can’t show that on a chart.

Aye mate, defensive duel is just a duel that happens when the other team is in possession of the ball. 1v1 situations etc.

Yep it is better than Lowe’s, to be expected I think because Barisic is clearly the more talented player. Its lack of heart, fight, determination & desire that hold him back, can’t show that on a chart.

Aye mate, defensive duel is just a duel that happens when the other team is in possession of the ball. 1v1 situations etc.

So these charts are actually quite good for Barisic as they don’t demonstrate positioning or aggression at all.

I like Barisic by the way and really hope he comes onto a game

My understanding is that it's between us and Boro who he signs for in the summer, it'll be a permanent deal.
Got told yesterday the Boro deal is back on the table and Aberdeen want him back too, although that's highly unlikely now. Why can't these football types just make a decision and stick to it?!

(I already know the answer to that - they all have their Mr 10% whispering in their ear and filling their heads full of shit)

Still clinging onto the hope Barasic comes good. Imagine we had neither, and we were linked to a Derby player who doesn't seem to have much chance of a look in or the Croatian LB..

I'll confess that I'm not the best at spotting a players potential
I've often thought some of our opposition look promising - when they've gone on to prove me wrong
I've also been disappointed with some of our signings when it's turned out they just don't have the 'mentality' to wear òur jersey

So - with all of the above in mind - I'll be wary of my assessment of ML - but I have to say he has looked the part against us last season

He's not exceptional by any means - & would need to improve as he grows older - as well as bring sufficient confidence including the right commitment that playing for us demands - but I think there are signs there that suggest to me he has skill & ability that if it were properly harnessed & developed could be to our advantage

I've heard of a lot worse options before now

If we want to win the league, left back is for sure a position we need to think about. Barasic isn't up to it and another pre season won't change that.

If we want to win the league, left back is for sure a position we need to think about. Barasic isn't up to it and another pre season won't change that.
Not so sure.
His quality is not in question, I’d say, but his desire is.
If Gerrard had decided he was for the off and Barisic asked for another chance, as has been mentioned plenty, then he may well come good and bring his Croatia pedigree to our game.

Lowe is young and Derby’s 5th choice left back. You’ve got to assume he’s a pretty cheap purchase.

As competition to Barisic, I think they could push each other on. As a replacement, I would be concerned.

He thinks the sheep are a bigger club than Rangers, so will likely stay there if given a choice.

I'm sure that was said to keep the Sheep followers happy ofcourse he doesn't really believe that. Hes played infront of a full Ibrox and he has played infront of an Empty Pittodrie.

Given the chance he will walk to Glasgow in the buff to sign for Rangers. And to be honest he wouldn't be the worst signing he is actually a decent wee player.

If we can get a left back with some of the same traits as Tav in an attacking sense, it's good business.

What does this fella bring? I cannot recall much about him.

He also played less games than Lowe so hard to judge on stats.

He’s no very good , 5th choice left back at derby says it all , no bad going forward hopeless defensively , Greg Taylor far better player

I’m not usually against loans, especially those from clubs with mega money like Liverpool etc, but surely this is a guy we should be trying to sign permanently rather than developing him for Derby?

If they don’t want to sell him we have little choice! We don’t have money to throw around and another option at LB is needed. If we have to develop another teams player to help us to 55 then who’s complaining!

Back