Max Lowe a target for Rangers

I think a good addition as one of the few who impressed me for the sheep, loan though how much would he be to buy as given his age could develop for later sale ?

Unless he was quoted wrong on here he said "Aberdeen are a massive club and Rangers are looking to get up there" or similar.
Players say daft things for the fans to lap-up.

He'll know exactly what a massive club is the moment he signs on the dotted line.

I like him actually. Would be a good signing.

Lowe for me has been one of the players from them that’s not looked out of his depth against us. Can defend, very quick, good in the air. Needs to work on his delivery but that’s coachable

How do you know if someone will be a first pick ? Grezda and Barisic would have been “first picks” with Kent and Kamara “squad players”. So how can you tell before they’ve signed ?
Above my wages grade that, but our manager and Sporting Director have both said we need to bring in first picks and what I have seen of him he isn’t an improvement on what we have, imho

Unless he outright called us filthy scumbags I have no interest he in said about us. Players talk utter shite in most interviews.

Above my wages grade that, but our manager and Sporting Director have both said we need to bring in first picks and what I have seen of him he isn’t an improvement on what we have, imho
Gerrard and Allen obviously think he is, time will tell who’s right

He’s never really stood out to me, looked every inch an Aberdeen level player. I said the same about Ryan Jack and I was wrong though so happy to be proven wrong again.

Good player and would probably be our first choice left back in the system we play.

Knows the league as well, wouldn’t be against this at all.

Not to derail thread but if Tav were to leave would Logan be an option as a replacement in anyones eyes? Not seen a lot of him tbf but seems a similar attacking player plus despises them which always helps

It’s first picks we need to bring not squad players

True, but we have an RB who may be leaving this summer for big money. That means one of our LB's may be moving to RB. Our other LB has been posted missing in action far too often. I think our full back situation for next season is as clear as mud. We may need to sign a first or second choice RB. A cheap loan signing might just come in handy.I

I'm sure if Max Lowe was offered to us for 3m we wouldn't even think about signing him. But as a freebie/loan we just might.

Sorry Flannagan is better and a far superior defender, I don’t want both full back as attacking wing backs.
It causes gaps at the back and leads to us been vulnerable to quick counters.

A Sasa Papac type full back would he ideal.

We've seen over the last 6 games what Flanagan has brought to the defence. It also offers us better balance.

Just to piss on Mcinnes's and the sheeps chips. Glorious.

i think its the opposite its being set up so the press can piss on our chips , if lowe ends up at the sheep it'll be because he chose them over us .........

he was their best player when we won recently he certainly does both aspects attacking and defending , i was speaking to a Aberdeen fan apparently loves the physical aspect of our game and enjoys the League

I don't fancy this one at all. I don't think that he's good enough to take us to the next level, he's came across as a wee pleb tbh and we shouldn't be loaning fringe players from English championship teams (Joe Worrall?). Pass for me.

I’d rather stick with Flanagan or make a permanent signing in the position.

If we’re bringing in young loans, it needs to be players that we couldn’t afford permanently due to them being exceptional talents. I’m not convinced that Lowe falls into that category.

Last edited:
There was a thread discussing Lowe before on here, and I was astounded by how many people rated him.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen anything from him in the games I've watched Aberdeen this season (far too many for my liking).

But as with any player, if he signs, I'll wait and see how it goes.

Like this lad. Great engine and desire. Maybe lacks a wee bit in quality in the final third but that can be coached to one so young.

Him and Borna fighting it out for LB slot with Flanagan there as back-up.

Mate, Id have Flanagan as the starter with his performances in recent weeks - Flanagan may be the only player in our squad with real dig and the ability to really go through a player. I actually think that Flanagan was given specific instruction by Gerrard to go through Brown, Gerrard knowing Flanagan is the only one he could rely on to do so.

Barisic has a uterus infection I hear.

Having been stung with Barisic and Halliday/Flanagan not being good enough in the long run, I was hoping we'd push the boat out for a left back. It's a glaringly weak area of our team.

I'm not sure if Max Lowe is that guy, but if he signs, he'll get my full backing as usual.

Mate, Id have Flanagan as the starter with his performances in recent weeks - Flanagan may be the only player in our squad with real dig and the ability to really go through a player. I actually think that Flanagan was given specific instruction by Gerrard to go through Brown, Gerrard knowing Flanagan is the only one he could rely on to do so.

Barisic has a uterus infection I hear.
When did Flanagan go through Brown? He just done the same as Morelos & Kent, stupidity that has got him a ban.

He’s a much better LB than anyone we currently have at the club, and it’s a position that we need to strengthen in the summer.

Its weird how this is now the 5th player from Killie/Abereen that we’ve targeted this season though,

Before folk start randomly shouting Kamara in response to this post, just find it strange we’re spending so much on a big recruitment team & specifically targeting “quality” yet we’ve signed/had interest in 5 players from the two teams below us.

I’ve not seen much of him but I did see him play for Derby on his return from his first stint at Aberdeen and he had a howler,think he was subbed by Lampard.
He was then sent back to Aberdeen.

Noticed on Twitter when Shinnie signed for Derby,Aberdeen fans were asking for Lowe in return,most Derby fans were saying keep him.............I don’t think Derby fans rate him that highly?
Bristol City fans never rated Ryan Kent either

Its weird how this is now the 5th player from Killie/Abereen that we’ve targeted this season though,

Before folk start randomly shouting Kamara in response to this post, just find it strange we’re spending so much on a big recruitment team & specifically targeting “quality” yet we’ve signed/had interest in 5 players from the two teams below us.

I think the guys signed from Scotland are on the most part, squad fillers, know the league, the opposition, fairly cheap and risk free.

The quality will come in on loan imo, likes of Andre Gray. Maybe not him but that level hopefully if that’s the level we are targeting.

Lowe has pace, stamina, a substantial physical presence, and he has the right attitude. Excellent qualities for a full back.

Can he defend and how is he with ball at his feet? I have not seen enough of him to make my own mind up. If we do go for him then some one at Ibrox has decided he is worth a punt.

Max Lowe has the power and pace that we need for games at Ibrox.

For the away European ties and games at Tynecastle / Easter Road or Parkhead going in with two full backs like Lowe and Tav lets just say I wouldn't be as comfortable :D !

Flanagan has the jersey so all the best to whoever wants to try and take it off him.

Not for me, there’s better out there.

The only positive reason for this is we’re probably spending money elsewhere which is the right thing to be doing.

Back