Max Lowe a target for Rangers

I do agree on the loan thing as this has been a problem position for us for 3 seasons now. Would prefer a permanent solution.

Its weird how this is now the 5th player from Killie/Abereen that we’ve targeted this season though,

Before folk start randomly shouting Kamara in response to this post, just find it strange we’re spending so much on a big recruitment team & specifically targeting “quality” yet we’ve signed/had interest in 5 players from the two teams below us.
Teams below us can have good players. McCann,Goram, John Brown etc. It's not rocket science as we have signed players from clubs below us in the 60+ years I've been watching us.

Its weird how this is now the 5th player from Killie/Abereen that we’ve targeted this season though,

Before folk start randomly shouting Kamara in response to this post, just find it strange we’re spending so much on a big recruitment team & specifically targeting “quality” yet we’ve signed/had interest in 5 players from the two teams below us.

The guts of our team between 2008 and 2012 was made up of guys like Boyd, Broadfoot and Naismith from Killie, Thomson, Whittaker and Miller from Hibs (Miller via a few other routes), Novo from Dundee; all players from clubs that are traditionally below us in the league.

For a support who are aware of the spin and questioning the SMM like to resort to, we're very quick to dismiss player because he may have one time said the club he currently plays for can be better than their rivals. He could easily have been asked if he felt they could beat Rangers, and what's he supposed to say? "no we're not good enough". Then we'd definitely not be wanting him.

His comments aren't important, as long as he's a good enough player. Can we and should we be looking for better? Maybe, I've not seen enough of Lowe to know about him. But if Gerrard backs him I'm certainly not going to be against him for some pointless comments in an interview.

Barisic is a better player but has other issues that Lowe probably doesn't but if Barisic were to be sold I would hope for a left back of better quality coming In

The guts of our team between 2008 and 2012 was made up of guys like Boyd, Broadfoot and Naismith from Killie, Thomson, Whittaker and Miller from Hibs (Miller via a few other routes), Novo from Dundee; all players from clubs that are traditionally below us in the league.
I know. And right now we have Kamara, Jack & Arfield who all played for clubs below us. We also have a large Scottish contingent.

Its not really relevant to my point about our recruitment team. We don’t need 5/6/7 scouts if we’re largely just targeting players in this league, do we?

No loans please. If he could be signed permanently cheaply without break the bank it would be a no brainer. However I suspect it's another to file under excrement.

Really don't want him at Ibrox, he's got the heart of a mouse. I know for a fact we sounded him out in January but he chose to go back to Aberdeen. I also know for a fact that Frank Lampard and his staff aren't very impressed with his attitude and desire and that his future most likely lies away from Derby.

:oops::oops::oops: Barisic who SG will chase all the way back to Croatia? Nah. The other 2, don't make me laugh.

Barisic is the far superior player - its not even close. I also think the other 2 are very bit as good, if not better than Lowe.

If he is so good then why can't he get near an average Derby side?

I’m correct of course- who is that nutjob counting?
Wallace- will be gone
Flanagan- is a RB
Barasic- mouse heart

I rest my case.

Have you been in a coma the last 6 weeks when Flanagan has been playing and excelling at left back? His best run in the Liverpool side also came at left back so regardless of whether he is considered a right back, he is still a better option than Lowe at left back.

Barisic is so much better than Lowe its embarrassing that anybody could even argue.

Lowe can't even get anywhere near an average Derby side.

I find this a strange one to be honest on loan?? We have to see what Barasic is like after a full pre-season and have both Flanagan who has been brilliant lately and Halliday who can play there if need be

Barisic is the only recognised left back though. Flanagan & Halliday, capable though they are, are not naturals for that position.

I want a better LB than Lowe.

Flanagan is better defensively.

I believe Lowe is classed as a modern type wing back,so probablyhe would fit into the way S.G.want's his team to play.i.e.similar style to the way Tav.plays.only not as good obviously.
And i think he's got that a bit a grit in his play also.
Could be a good addition to the squad, especially that he's got experience of playing in the SPFL.
I think he would be worth signing.

I know for a fact we sounded him out in January but he chose to go back to Aberdeen
Why would he come to Rangers for 6 months to compete with Barisic, Halliday and Flanagan though. Barisic was still quite highly rated in January. I doubt we'd have signed another left back in January.

I love that so many seem to think a “pre-season” is going to magically make a player into a better one! Injured players come back to training through regimes designed by sports scientists, exactly the same way as pre-season. I’ll love to be wrong but Barisic is poor and we need a left back, maybe even two. Lowe has a decent season at the sheep, he’d be an improvement on what we have.

Spot on couldn't have put it better myself.

On the viewing of this season, it’s simply not.

Barisic has done nothing and can’t be trusted despite appearing to have natural talent. A hell of a turn around required if he’s to make it at us.

Not disagreeing, but it has started to seem as if he still has a future here. Sunday will be telling.

I’m happy for us to go out and get a new first choice left back, but the guy 4th/5th choice at Derby isn’t it.

I’m not even confident Scott Maloney is much better than Flanagan, never mind the guy way down the pecking order.

If Lowe is being brought in as competition, he’s a fine signing. But we don’t need that. We need a solid first pick.

Why would he come to Rangers for 6 months to compete with Barisic, Halliday and Flanagan though. Barisic was still quite highly rated in January. I doubt we'd have signed another left back in January.

Could it be that S.G.might try and buy the boy
, rather than a loan deal.I don't think it helps sometimes, that these boys are continually sent out to numerous clubs on loan, with no future in sight for most of them.
These players would like to settle down with the right club, knowing they've sorted out their futures, as it's a short career for most of them. Imo.

There was a thread discussing Lowe before on here, and I was astounded by how many people rated him.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen anything from him in the games I've watched Aberdeen this season (far too many for my liking).

But as with any player, if he signs, I'll wait and see how it goes.
You’re one of the posters I watch for in tactics discussions, I have others for other stuff like financial, as yours is an opinion I respect.
I’ve watched Aberdeen games but and he never stood out very much, except, maybe, when we made it easy for their whole defence.
When we’re linked with a player, or he’s highlighted by pals or on here, I try to watch him and not just the game.
Even watching the limited view of the television!
No chance of that with Lowe though.
Maybe a bit of YouTube on my time off is as far as it’ll go.
Like you perhaps, need to trust the management.

Back