Max Lowe a target for Rangers

the only problem I have with this is it will potentially turn into a Worrall situation with us having to play the player because of a potential loan terms that will more likely be in the contract

we already have LBs that are ours, would rather develop them than do it for someone else

People saying Greg Taylor, I don't know his contract situation but if he would cost us anything I would rather a loan, especially if it's as cover which I think it would be

People saying Greg Taylor, I don't know his contract situation but if he would cost us anything I would rather a loan, especially if it's as cover which I think it would be
Each to their own. But I wouldn't touch Greg Taylor. He has looked brutal any time I have seen him. Don't be fooled by him being a "Scotland international defender". The current collection of Scotland international defenders must be the worst in history. I'm not sure that there is a single one I would want in my Rangers squad, McKenna of Aberdeen included.

Each to their own. But I wouldn't touch Greg Taylor. He has looked brutal any time I have seen him. Don't be fooled by him being a "Scotland international defender". The current collection of Scotland international defenders must be the worst in history. I'm not sure that there is a single one I would want in my Rangers squad, McKenna of Aberdeen included.

We've already got better than Greg Taylor in Jon Flanagan.

Hi @ID10 this smells like bullshit so when he returns to the Sheep it looks like they beat us to him. McInnes in the paper today saying the Player told him he wants to go back to Aberdeen. You think there is anything in this, everyone I’ve spoke to says it’s bullshit and that Barisic will be worked hard pre season as Gerrard still rates him but needs to show it after his injuries.

I agree, someone that I really don’t rate. Boy is bang average.

If we were going between Lowe & Taylor then its Lowe all day long. Better attributes & a higher ceiling.

Greg Taylor is nowhere near good enough for us. The only thing he is good at is stealing yards at throw ins.
It’s amazing how far that one quality can get you.
All the way to a premiership team.
Now I realise I’d been practicing the wrong skills and the coaches were giving me the wrong advice all those years ago.

I’ve been surprised at the amount of time in the last 12 months the MSM seems to link us to mediocre players in our own league.

Almost feels like a ploy to make us look a smaller team than we are and that we are operating on the same level as these other teams.

Meant I would rather get a player in on loan, whether that is Lowe or someone else didn't mean taylor, not really noticed him much tbh

I’d take him on loan for sure. He knows the League well now after playing for the Sheep.

Although I hope Borna kicks on after a good pre-season & fulfils his potential with us. I also like Flannigan & you can’t have enough good players.

Could be this story's been put out there to get a reaction out of Barisic between now and pre season just a thought.

We need better than Taylor & Lowe. Left back is not an area of much quality in this country.

I don’t know anything about this guy as a player but I know he has a mouth so I’m not interested. He said the sheep are a big club and we’re trying to be there too. Can’t abide that kind of ignorance!

I made a thread about him now we're linked with him.
Mark just pop us a mail mate i'd be honored to work as a scout for my beloved Glasgow Rangers!
Another recommendation was Glen Kamara on my old account that's long gone lol.

Yet the current collection of Scotland left backs may be the best in 30-40 years.

My understanding is that it's between us and Boro who he signs for in the summer, it'll be a permanent deal. Sticking point is he's aware of how much the sheep hate us and doesn't want to lose the goodwill he has up there.

The talent is there but I still maintain that the mentality for a team like Rangers is not. I'd imagine we'll hear something official within the next few weeks. If he does sign for us then I shall make sure he knows just what it means to be a Ranger, our glorious history and the standards we not just expect but demand.

My understanding is that it's between us and Boro who he signs for in the summer, it'll be a permanent deal. Sticking point is he's aware of how much the sheep hate us and doesn't want to lose the goodwill he has up there.

The talent is there but I still maintain that the mentality for a team like Rangers is not. I'd imagine we'll hear something official within the next few weeks. If he does sign for us then I shall make sure he knows just what it means to be a Ranger, our glorious history and the standards we not just expect but demand.

Do you know him?

The goodwill in Aberdeen - i say f*ck them, he should as well!!

Ehh ? Losing goodwill from Aberdeen is a sticking point ?
If was to sign for us I think that would be the last thing on his mind.
So I will go with you have no real idea what is happening

I’d take him on a permanent contract. He is an upgrade on what we have currently.

McGregor
Tav
Katic
Goldson
Lowe

Looks pretty solid to me and by far the strongest defence in the league.

Flanagan is a better defender than Lowe. I'm not going to sit and moan about Flanagan's lack of attacking ability as that's not what his game is all about. He is a defender first and foremost and his job is to defend.

I like Flanagan, brings balance to our side and he's a good squad player to have but I hope we go out and bring in a better all round left back.

Flanagan is a better defender than Lowe. I'm not going to sit and moan about Flanagan's lack of attacking ability as that's not what his game is all about. He is a defender first and foremost and his job is to defend.

I like Flanagan, brings balance to our side and he's a good squad player to have but I hope we go out and bring in a better all round left back.

I like Flanagan too. I think he brings a good balance to our team against teams that have a go. Lowe would be a better option though against teams that sit in.

I like him, but thats pathetic.

Go with whatever you like pal, you carry on being an internet cynic and I'll carry on telling people what I hear from direct sources.

Do you know him?

The goodwill in Aberdeen - i say f*ck them, he should as well!!
Not very well but he uses the same barber shop as me in Derby. All the young lads at DCFC do, and some of the older ones too. Was chatting with Ashley Cole in there a few weeks back, dead nice fella as it goes.

Last edited:

Get him to %^*& then the wee prick

Sregnar who is mates with Shinnie stated the player is interested.

He’s posted info before so I’d probably believe him on this one.

How do you know the poster is talking shite?

If he's swaying about signing for us because he will upset the sheep I'd much rather he just went elsewhere

Back