Maxwell asks championship clubs if they want to stop

Hearts Dundee and Dunfermline will want to keep going. The rest? Who knows.
Sadly thats only 3 clubs. I would really fear the outcome if it was left to the clubs to either vote null and void or call the season. Terrifying actually as I think the hatred of Rangers right through Scottish football would have a huge baring on the eventual outcome.

Robertson is massively missing the point. The big difference between now and last March is there are protocols in place now to play football behind closed doors as safely as possible.

It is more difficult in the lower divisions because players have other jobs and cannot be kept in a bubble

“But from a humane perspective, why should football players be the Guinea pigs? Why should we have to travel all over the country at a time when a very quick-spreading and easily spreading virus is at large?

How tf are they guinea pigs, they are tested and asked to keep strict protocols. It's not as if they have been jagged up with a dodgy vaccine.

I'd love it if UEFA came out and said any country competing in the Euros must have there domestic leagues played to a finish to stop the competition becoming a farce so as not to damage the integrity of the competition to stop teams turning up unfit and taking a pumping

I wish I shared your faith.

m8 if the season was near finished and we had a surge I would be worried. But not now, 100% not.

Its all hyperbole as this is at its peak and now going down dues to lockdown.

Deflection away from the heat that was pilling on Doncaster and Lawwell.

Keith Jackson is sitting back laughing.

She stops the football, Sky withold their money and Sturgeon comes to the rescue with a financial package for the clubs to make up for their lost Sky money (which isn't exactly megabucks anyway).

Nothing would surprise me in this bitter backwater.
While businesses go to the wall?
No chance. That would be the end of her

Exactly. Deflect and deny is their way it happens every year. Do not trust spfl/sfa/celtic they cheat.

Its clear as day what is going on to deflect away from the Dubai debacle. By their own logic, if it also distracts and spooks us and our club its double-bubble for the corrupt scum.

I see your point mate but I doubt that would sit well with the non-football supporting public and a section of the football supporting public. Considering the massive issues with NHS, education, welfare funding etc. I would imagine football clubs will be near the bottom of the list. I genuinely think she dislikes football personally.
It wouldn't exactly be megabucks though mate.

And she'd probably just dip into the stockpiled cash that she has received from Westminster which hasn't gone anywhere.

She stops the football, Sky withold their money and Sturgeon comes to the rescue with a financial package for the clubs to make up for their lost Sky money (which isn't exactly megabucks anyway).

Nothing would surprise me in this bitter backwater.

If Sturgeon was going to stop football it was this week. Perfect reason to after the beggars and Dubai.

However, she didn't and even went on to say that all clubs shouldn't be punished for one. She also said that football was good for the nations mental health during lockdown.

She does not worry me one bit.

It's the SFA/SPFL that are a bit of a worry, someone wants to blow the whole season up.

Aside from Gerrard whose role it is to anticipate the bollacks they spew in their death rattle and head it off, nobody is taking this with any seriousness.

They're all laughing it off with the response of "What the %^*& are you talking about? No."

If Sutton, McCoist and Stewart are actually laughing and joking on air at your serious suggestions that would pretty much bankrupt Scottish Football, then it's a complete non-starter

It's a very convenient distraction from the poets not being given the same 7-game bans that Jones and Edmundson were given, even though their rule breaking was both more severe and recorded for posterity.

After St. Mirren won their appeal today, we are the only team in Scotland that has actually been punished for anything related to CoVid.

Our support is now feeding the agenda.

Its sickening

Keith Jackson sitting back laughing his head off, after taking phone calls from Doncaster and Lawwell thanking him for taking the heat off.

FFS Maxwell is nothing to do with it or the SFA, Its the SPFL but Doncaster cant come out and ask as it would ram up the momentum to get this cancer out.

I will be a nervous wreck until this is all concluded.

its like fighting a war on two fronts. Worrying about the outside chance were hit by covid and lose players and drop points or otherwise tuck it up.

to the other side an incompetent corrupt governing body who take their marching orders from a disgusting parasite who hates our club more than he cares for his own.
Me two
i wish we could speed forward to April \ may
my nerves are getting better of me
yes i am anxious
When we win the league im going on drinking binge and taking days off work

Me two
yes i am anxious
If it gets to May and it’s confirmed I’ll be out for a week. Job, mrs and everything else be damned I’ll worry about it later.

If Sturgeon was going to stop football it was this week. Perfect reason to after the beggars and Dubai.

However, she didn't and even went on to say that all clubs shouldn't be punished for one. She also said that football was good for the nations mental health during lockdown.

It's the SFA/SPFL that are a bit of a worry, someone wants to blow the whole season up.
It's alright saying she said this, she said that mate. But I simply don't trust her or any of the people around her. That's my concern.

SFA and SPFL taking heat of one another. Jackson plants the seed and then watches it grow.

Im embarrassed for my fellow supporters who are so naïve and gullible.

Why not get a Court Warrant to have the so called puppeteers computer equipment forensically examined(by a private company) with immediate effect.This should show up any underhand/corrupt goings-on?.

If they are planning to force a null and void vote why did they threaten Hibs with sanctions if they refused to play on Monday?

I don’t doubt there are some very shady characters in the Scottish game that will push for it but ultimately the TV deal with take priority over everything.

This will he portrayed as a decision democratically arrived at by clubs.

Doncaster said the other day the SPFL is a members based organisation. It is run by member clubs. (What a joke!)

But that's how they will play it. ( No shady character will be seen nor heard.)

Last year they threw away loads of money to satisfy Celtic. They ( the clubs ha-ha) could do it again.

Also listen to Petrie : " we must do all we can to help the NHS."

I've not been bothered about this for two reasons : 1. the loss of funding (Sky) and 2. Scotland's participation in the Euro's .

I'm now starting to think that Scotland is daft enough, or bitter enough, to go through with it.

Last edited:
It wouldn't exactly be megabucks though mate.

And she'd probably just dip into the stockpiled cash that she has received from Westminster which hasn't gone anywhere.
I don’t know much on the Scottish Governments budget etc so I’ll bow to you on that.
I suppose it would depend on how many clubs would be in severe difficulty. We would be fine as would that lot. How much do you reckon would be acceptable for the government to give in total?

Keith Jackson sitting back laughing his head off, after taking phone calls from Doncaster and Lawwell thanking him for taking the heat off.

FFS Maxwell is nothing to do with it or the SFA, Its the SPFL but Doncaster cant come out and ask as it would ram up the momentum to get this cancer out.

He’s a senior member of The SPFL COVID-19 Joint Response Group.

With all this going on gerrard makes sure we hammer Motherwell on Sunday. Keep the gap as it to give them no glimmer of we would have caught them but lives are more important

Ian maxwell has written to championships clubs and asked them if they wish to keep playing or suspend football according to bbc. Also claims one club has publicly called for it to be suspended.
This is the start. They are making their move.
Rangers need to be on the front foot.
The gall of these bastards, can the other clubs not see this for what it is?

Me two
yes i am anxious
Im not nervous anymore about on the pitch as it’s all sewn up I believe. The players will not throw this lead away.

I am however worried at the corrupt scumbags running the game.

“But from a humane perspective, why should football players be the Guinea pigs? Why should we have to travel all over the country at a time when a very quick-spreading and easily spreading virus is at large?

How tf are they guinea pigs, they are tested and asked to keep strict protocols. It's not as if they have been jagged up with a dodgy vaccine.
He said he'd been struggling himself amd thought about chucking it. It may be he's not coping with all of this, and who can blame him, but its his personal opinion and maybe not the clubs.
If Stevie came out and said I think Neil Lennons a prick surely Ian Maxwell has to canvass all clubs to see if they want a vote to agree on his opinion? Flippant I know but until something happens or doesnt, lets stay focused on the team and enjoy watching our beloved club. In this shite time we have that to keep us going.

There is absolutely no chance this season is getting canned.

Worst case scenario would be a 2-3 week break and that isn't happening either.
I hope your right mate. But we were told last year it was a 2/3 week break and it never got started again

I don’t know much on the Scottish Governments budget etc so I’ll bow to you on that.
I suppose it would depend on how many clubs would be in severe difficulty. We would be fine as would that lot. How much do you reckon would be acceptable for the government to give in total?
I think the clubs share £24m a year from Sky. So that's approximately how much she'd have to stump up.

Why N/V gets traction (lower leagues only at the moment):
If there is a vote for stopping on Monday, let's say it's 2/3 weeks.
It's unlikely that's all it would be.

With S Gov stating schools unlikely to reopen/lockdown unlikely to be lifted at beginning Feb I think it would be highly unlikely these leagues would restart then. So do they delay another 3 weeks?

They are set to play 27 games. Most have played 9-11 games, say an average of ten. If they are suspended till March do they really have time to fit 17 games in + Scottish Cup and play-offs? Not a chance.

A proposed solution would be to extend the season into summer but with the majority of players contracts running out on 31st May that isn't viable imo. That's why leagues had to be called last year.

Of course this doesn't directly affect the Premiership, but it those leagues are called N/V, it brings about questions re promotion/relegation. Would there be reconstruction? Award titles with 10 games played? Is there a vote threshold for this vote on Monday? It's a huge mess.

It's alright saying she said this, she said that mate. But I simply don't trust her or any of the people around her. That's my concern.

I dont trust her one bit, but she is not stopping the national sport for the beggars. That would just torpedo Scotland at the Euros as well.

We have been in lockdown 3 weeks since christmas, this is when they start to see the figures improve. No way she's doing it then when things are getting better.

Can she do it, yes. Why not do it when you have an excuse like this week? She is a politician she'd want cover. BTW, because of this I've watched most of her PPB's and after Monday (iirc) I dont think she has even mentioned football.

I have to work full time in an unclean stuffy office with 30 others with next to no social distance.

football players are probably the safest of all jobs at the minute the testing and bubbles they are in.

can I throw the head up at my work and say I don’t wanna be a guinea pig

There is absolutely no chance this season is getting canned.

Worst case scenario would be a 2-3 week break and that isn't happening either.

If numbers did rise, which evidence does not show.

we have a decision to make, agreed. worse case scenario is a break until numbers go down,

We have protocols in place, we have a road map in place, we had none last year never mind vaccinations being rolled out.

Again finances says there is no chance what so ever the season being incomplete.

I will say this mind, if numbers were to rise and a few weeks suspension was voted in. Then the first competition to be hit will be the scottish cup. Again aint happening,

I dont trust her one bit, but she is not stopping the national sport for the beggars. That would just torpedo Scotland at the Euros as well.

We have been in lockdown 3 weeks since christmas, this is when they start to see the figures improve. No way she's doing it then when things are getting better.

Can she do it, yes. Why not do it when you have an excuse like this week? She is a politician she'd want cover. BTW, because of this I've watched most of her PPB's and after Monday (iirc) I dont think she has even mentioned football.
I want to to be right. Trust me.

To think that this is completely beyond them after what we've been through is a bit naive.

Not saying that it's not a planned distraction but if they could get away with this, they'd do it.

But they cant get away with it. Its no against Rangers, Its against 41 members clubs who are all clinging to financial bankruptcy if it were to happen.

Hmm two mind sets for me... one being they’re upto something... the other it’s all Lawwell / Hollicom propaganda.... regardless surely come the end of season its time to strike again against this corrupt filthy cabal.

A perfect opportunity for reconstruction without impacting the premiership finishing, it wouldn’t surprise me. Either way, we will be winning this league.

Back