Maxwell asks championship clubs if they want to stop

look at last year and see who was asking the questions, it was the SPFL.

The SFA JRG cant call the league, Its the SPFL

The SFA can call the scottish cup but not the championship.

The SFA JRG are a governance of rules, it aint their competition.

Maxwell taking the heat of Doncaster.
They made their move last season, only after belgium called their league.

As there is absolutely no sign of this anywhere else, it wont be stopped.

We live on an island where other nations are carrying on. Their pr have done very well here, I'll give them that. Unfortunately, our fans have took the bait.

I take your point but the head of the SFA has asked all championship clubs to vote in a suspension. Answers to be in by Monday , is that all part of the “ deflection “ ? I don’t think it can be merely put down to a deflection tactic . Something is going on

Its deflection, I bet my bottom dollar he is told to get to fck and he knows that.

Professional football has virtually no effect on the ongoing case numbers which are settling down anyway.

Said this for repeatedly, the top league have about 2k of tests a month and how many cases have we had, 20 at most.

They are the least infectious group anywhere and when there is an infection, they are immediately isolated and contacts the same.

They aint travelling the country delivering the virus as they go. Well apart from the beggars maybe! B-D

I have to work full time in an unclean stuffy office with 30 others with next to no social distance.

football players are probably the safest of all jobs at the minute the testing and bubbles they are in.

can I throw the head up at my work and say I don’t wanna be a guinea pig
I have to see 20 odd strangers a day about 6 inches away from their uncovered mouth and all I have to protect me is a type 2 (paper mask) and I’ve got it relatively easy not working in a hospital. so forgive me if I don’t give a flying one about footballers being guinea pigs. The lack of self awareness is amazing. Turn up for training in your gear train outside go home and don’t go to Dubai for a pint. It’s is as simple as that. Feel sorry for the retailers, pubs, salons etc and do your job of work like those of us that have be told to get on with it. Lots of people would love to be able to still go to their work.

/rant :)

that was a dig at the footballers not @JGilmore btw :-B

She'd justify it with "unprecedented times".

I think a lot of the public in Scotland would be ok with her doing that. mentally challengeds would love it as would the rest of the Rangers hating community - who form the basis of her core vote.
Totally agree in that the mentally challengeds and the Rangers hating community would love it but surely the majority would vote for them already meaning no votes gained (or little gained).
I still think that your average non football supporting member of the public would be raging at seeing a headline like “SNP agree bailout of £24 million for SPFL”. So in that way could see them lose votes overall although it could be argued that might not be enough for some people not to vote for them.
They definitely should be watched closely though.

They made their move last season, only after belgium called their league.

As there is absolutely no sign of this anywhere else, it wont be stopped.

We live on an island where other nations are carrying on. Their pr have done very well here, I'll give them that. Unfortunately, our fans have took the bait.

Im embarrassed and worried why it was not laughed off.

I get it if against us only but not 40 other teams outside their club that are in financial dire straits due to the pandemic.

Its
I have to see 20 odd strangers a day about 6 inches away from their uncovered mouth and all I have to protect me is a type 2 (paper mask) and I’ve got it relatively easy not working in a hospital. so forgive me if I do give a flying one about footballers being guinea pigs. The lack of self awareness is amazing. Turn up for training in your gear train outside go home and don’t go to Dubai for a pint. It’s is as simple as that. Feel sorry for the retailers, pubs, salons etc and do your job of work like those of us that have be told to get on with it. Lots of people would love to be able to still go to their work.

/rant :)
Are you an optician or a barber I’ll go for optician

100% and Im am totally embarrassed for my fellow fans that Keith Jackson can cause such a reaction from a stupid piece today that a few others then retweet for hits.
That’s a tad unfair mate. I couldn’t give a shit what Jackson writes but when the head of the SFA complately by-passes the SPFL Board and writes to 10 of their member clubs, demanding an answer within 72 hours, it catches my interest. It’s a red flag. Never mind that there might be an impact upon our own club that is quite simply not how governance of Scottish football should be working. It’s therefore legitimate to wonder - or even fear - wtf is going on. Doncaster should be calling out Maxwell as being ‘out of order’ as a minimum. He won’t though.

Don't get me wrong, I don’t think for a minute that there is sufficient support for a break, never mind a termination, but it’s clear that there are sinister forces at work here and simply dismissing it isn’t going to change that or make it go away.

Why are people on here saying it is a distraction ?

The head of the SFA wants to know if clubs want the Championship suspended. He wants their answers on his desk by Monday.

A mean it's just a distraction !!! Fuxsake .
Nothing to do with the SFA.

Dry those panties, son.

Wish the clubs would ask Maxwell if he wants to stop.Would they notice if he did?I know Celtic would have one less apologist but the rest what would they lose?

Im embarrassed and worried why it was not laughed off.

I get it if against us only but not 40 other teams outside their club that are in financial dire straits due to the pandemic.

Was halting League 1 and League 2 with its implications for the Scottish Cup simply deflection?

Of course it's part of it. But there's more to it and it's basically a 'temperature check' to gauge initial response.

If Hearts & Dunfermline, for example, are guaranteed promotion as part of league reconstruction, does that come into their thoughts when voting...?

That’s a tad unfair mate. I couldn’t give a shit what Jackson writes but when the head of the SFA complately by-passes the SPFL Board and writes to 10 of their member clubs, demanding an answer within 72 hours, it catches my interest. It’s a red flag. Never mind that there might be an impact upon our own club that is quite simply not how governance of Scottish football should be working. It’s therefore legitimate to wonder - or even fear - wtf is going on. Doncaster should be call out out Maxwell as being ‘out of orde’ as a minimum. He won’t though.

Don't get me wrong, I don’t think for a minute that there is sufficient support for a break, never mind a termination, but it’s clear that there are sinister forces at work here and simply dismissing it isn’t going to change that or make it go away.

Agreed. Unless you have been living on the moon, even only for the last year, you'd understand why there is some concern.

Was halting League 1 and League 2 with its implications for the Scottish Cup simply deflection?

Of course it's part of it. But there's more to it and it's basically a 'temperature check' to gauge initial response.

If Hearts & Dunfermline, for example, are guaranteed promotion as part of league reconstruction, does that come into their thoughts when voting...?

League 1 and 2 are majority part time and dont even do 1 test, It was the SPFL that called it and informed the SFA. Why else did they have a SPFL board meeting beforehand?

SFA is the scottish cup and all other outside the SPFL

edit - I note stenhousemuir we informed by the SFA JRG. and mention them as Scottish FA/SPFL. If the SPFL were not in with this then it would not have happened.

Last edited:
BUT he has no right to ask a separate organisation. Its the SPFL decision.

Its not the scottish cup.

I disagree mate. They are the covid 'team' so he has written to them about covid. IIRC SFA are the overarching authority in Scottish football. It's the SFA that hand out bans and it's their compliance officer that does investigations (no laughing at the back)

That’s a tad unfair mate. I couldn’t give a shit what Jackson writes but when the head of the SFA complately by-passes the SPFL Board and writes to 10 of their member clubs, demanding an answer within 72 hours, it catches my interest. It’s a red flag. Never mind that there might be an impact upon our own club that is quite simply not how governance of Scottish football should be working. It’s therefore legitimate to wonder - or even fear - wtf is going on. Doncaster should be calling out Maxwell as being ‘out of order’ as a minimum. He won’t though.

You are right to be suspicious. Nothing seems documented, votes go missing, chief executives hide from the media. You can’t even find the JRG composition on the SFA and SPFL website. It’s gangsterism.

Their hatred will hopefully be their downfall.

Lbh, they despise everything about our club and support and would do everything and anything in their power to stop us.

I quite simply wouldn't put anything by them especially Mulraney, Doncaster, Lawwell, Petrie and a special mention for that fat Rangers hating c.unt Rod McKenzie.

My money is on Dundee 'putting their foot on the ball' and calling for all football to be suspended
Paying the piper after last seasons “debacle”

Another slimy step on the road to the favoured game of the mentally challengeds, “null and void”

Theyve greased the wheels for this for fucking weeks now, this is them just ramping it up.
This will be Lawwells master plan to get the manky mentally challenged hordes onside and that will then lead them to buy their season books again.

The slimy, murky, dirty, corrupt world of Scottish Football will never ever be able to look itself in the mirror again. The whole thing should come crashing down on top of every single fucker in that old shit tip of a stadium at hampden if they vote null and void.

Something is definitely stirring and it’s not good.

If this is true ! Brace yourself this going to get bumpy ! This is Liewell and pedo fc’s plan all along go to Dubai and create such a cluster Fck that they can apply pressure to all this rats in every other club to stop us! Because in their vile worlds EBT’s are worse than child sexual abuse ! Utter scum the lot of them.
I have been saying they will do everything to try and stop us getting to 55...be aware bears they are the scum of the earth

League 1 and 2 are majority part time and dont even do 1 test, It was the SPFL that called it and informed the SFA. Why else did they have a SPFL board meeting beforehand?

SFA is the scottish cup and all other outside the SPFL

A decision was made without consultation with the clubs. We've been told that these clubs were not allowed to question this decision at Wednesday's meeting.

There are repeated calls on the lack of proper and unbiased governance in Scottish football. And yet, we've to dismiss the possibility of further action by them...?

There's a reason Gerrard made his point today. We need to remain vigilant. Hopefully all concerns are unfounded. I think it's harsh, though, to call supporters naive, gullible and be embarrassed by them.

This prick Maxwell needs hunted. The good of the scottish game my arse. Fraud.

He all but killed Thistle - even with the €uromillions winner’s benevolence- next minute one if the top jobs in football administration.

When it comes to a track record, it’s cuńtsble at best.

The guy appears to be a borderline moron.

I disagree mate. They are the covid 'team' so he has written to them about covid. IIRC SFA are the overarching authority in Scottish football. It's the SFA that hand out bans and it's their compliance officer that does investigations (no laughing at the back)

Ye I just edited the post, SPFL who are part of the SFA JRG have a say. If they say no its no.

Stenhousemuir relate to the SFA JRG as Scottish FA/SPFL in their statement.

There was no way Doncaster was asking that stupid question.

As I say pigs will fly, 100% deflection from Doncaster taking the heat

Back