Maxwell asks championship clubs if they want to stop

I'm thinking about the email on Friday night, reply on Monday timescale.

Why the rush ?

Could it be to do with vicarious liability ?

A manager, in the Championship, has expressed concern over the health of his players. If players suffer horribly because if Covid could the SFA be held responsible ?

Is the SFA covering itself for liability ?

The timescale is baffling ?

Another point the snakes in the SMSM should be asking Maxwell

Why did you shutdown all football from League 1 and 2 and all football below without any consultation but now openly ask the Championship teams if they want to “pause” the league ??

Maxwell is another tainted mentally challenged puppet

Him and Doncaster both need removed from their posts

Another full corrupt to the core sfa cretin to add to the twat list getting a wedge from Liewell

he done nothing to help his beloved Partick thistle

That is not allowed to happen though. Nor did it happen next year. Last year the government banned football - allowing the vote to happen - this year it hasn’t been banned - cases are falling and vaccinations increasing.

would a team vote to lose all income? It would also stop Scotland international games. Huge risk to take with the euros coming up and qualifiers to be played in March
Let's be honest, the government is never going to stop football this season, for two reasons. Firstly it's a Holyrood election year and I could think of few things that would be less popular across the country at large. Secondly, it would then put them on the hook for the liabilities associated with a voided season. They'd be picking up the tab for Sky and other commercial contracts. Not a chance that is happening.

I find myself despairing at Scotland regularly. From top to bottom we are run by amateurs and cabals. This reflects a organisation that has a club with 500 fans can dictate a supposedly elite sport. Meanwhile our tinpot government has dropped to half the vaccinated rate of England because again its run by people with zero business acumen. Frankly if I didn't have family links I'd be gone. And realistically I'm questioning that . What a parochial shithole we live in.
The country has gone to the dogs in the last 10 years

Thank god the SPFL executive never got the votes, to allow them to make the decisions on calling the season. They wanted that power, now we see how they would have gone about their business calling a halt to this season. Like last season they didn't give a monkey's how it affected clubs, as long as Celtic get what they want is all that matters. It could be all just deflection away from the scums woes, but you can't trust these rats to do the right thing, ever.
absolutely jwee - and I can't understand why all the anti-"negative" anti-"panty-wetters" don't see it, the corruption is absolute.

How would clubs go about getting independent people to run the game? Is it possible? And more importantly, is there an appetite to change things? Because with each passing season the football authorities up here are damaging the game we all love, and the longer the corruption goes on, the more farcical our game becomes.

We are reaching a tipping point here, where our game will self implode.

Thank god the SPFL executive never got the votes, to allow them to make the decisions on calling the season. They wanted that power, now we see how they would have gone about their business calling a halt to this season. Like last season they didn't give a monkey's how it affected clubs, as long as Celtic get what they want is all that matters. It could be all just deflection away from the scums woes, but you can't trust these rats to do the right thing, ever.
Every one of these scumbags are in bed with each other anyway Jwee, you know the SPFL wanted the power, now the SFA are USING their power, or at least trying to, to get a vote the SPFL wanted before we started the season.

A very fly way of dealing with things, I’m not sure of the legalities of it either but I would be sure that asking these types of questions without formal voting and strategy won’t look good legally.

The corruption is off the scale to a point where President Mugabe would be having a smile in his grave right now, looking down and saying “I wish I could have done that”. It’s corrupt, it’s very public corruption where they are actually asking us all “prove it, we will do what we want anyway, prove it’s not allowed”

Just bear in mind, although there is some serious mentally challenged pandering, there’s a lot of mentally challenged apologists within these two organisations, there is also a rabid rangers hating terrorist sympathising large bodied lawyer by the name of Mackenzie, who will use every and all powers he can to spin something into action here that will derail and potentially ruin our season to the detriment of every single club in the leagues, other than the mentally challengeds of course because they will still hold the title, thus granting them champion status and with it the riches of the champions league.

Far fetched it may seem, reality though might not be too far off the horizon here.

Why the rush ?

A manager, in the Championship, has expressed concern over the health of his players. If players suffer horribly because if Covid could the SFA be held responsible ?

Most probably Lawell protecting 10 in a row.

Rangers have been rallying for support behind the scenes with other clubs trying to get them on board (Hibs and Dundee Utd I heard). Somethings going on behind the scenes.

It's incredible so many people on here trust the footballing authorities to act with logic and in the best interests of all its member clubs after everything we've been through the last 10 years.

Why did you shutdown all football from League 1 and 2 and all football below without any consultation but now openly ask the Championship teams if they want to “pause” the league ??

This is true, but they would only be replaced by the same like minded people that are currently there.

That is how bad our governing bodies have become, being run on the behest of the mentally challengeds.

Apparently the club is Inverness. But Maxwell has only gone on what their manager was voicing concerns about and hasn't even contacted the club itself who have since stated they do not want the league stopped.
Utterly incredible he thinks that can form the basis for such a request. Anybody who thinks this is not being done in Celtic's best interests is sticking their head in the sand.

Leagues 1 & 2 are already suspended. Will they start up again?
I'm worried that anyone within our support is so trusting of the footballing governance in this country.
I'll stop short of embarrassment.
up early Alex, Leagues 1 and 2 were suspended as they are not testing in an elite bubble and should be obeying lockdown like everyone else.

As I said its deflection to remove the barrage of anger at Doncaster and Liewell.

Pigs will fly before championships clubs say they want to suspend.

Why the rush ?

The timescale is baffling ?
Standard issue popery Flootbon.
Votes against can be lost remember.

Rangers have been rallying for support behind the scenes with other clubs trying to get them on board (Hibs and Dundee Utd I heard). Somethings going on behind the scenes.

It's incredible so many people on here trust the footballing authorities to act with logic and in the best interests of all its member clubs after everything we've been through the last 10 years.

100% DB, but asking to suspend the championship is deflection. If it was 3 games to go and we were 8 a head. Then I am absolutely convinced they would try it.

Right now it kills Scottish football, its a red herring to remove anger and distrust in Lawwell and Doncaster. And look, its worked. Even our fans have fallen for the Keith Jackson click bait that was planted as a seed.

What we have known for many years is that Lawwell is a scoundrel. The Minister for Sporting Integrity hasn't an ounce of Integrity in his body and he and his placemen are in overdrive to destabilize our dominance just like they did successfully back in 2008.
Like many of his ilk who are so good at pointing the cheated and offended finger it is those same individuals who look to gain an unfair advantage by any means possible.
Prior to those horrors infecting Dubai and returning with more germs than they took with them, there was no question around the continuation of football. Now they are doing everything in their power to get things stopped. We can only hope that the rest of Scottish football sees through it as if the SPFL Executive manages to get their precedent then they'll be all out, with the full backing of the BBC, McLaughin, Spiers et al, to stop the league!

Apparently the club is Inverness. But Maxwell has only gone on what their manager was voicing concerns about and hasn't even contacted the club itself who have since stated they do not want the league stopped.
Utterly incredible he thinks that can form the basis for such a request. Anybody who thinks this is not being done in Celtic's best interests is sticking their head in the sand.

If this is true, even more reason to remove Maxwell. Imagine league one in England asking member clubs after an outburst by Paul Lambert.

What we have known for many years is that Lawwell is a scoundrel. The Minister for Sporting Integrity hasn't an ounce of Integrity in his body and he and his placemen are in overdrive to destabilize our dominance just like they did successfully back in 2008.
Like many of his ilk who are so good at pointing the cheated and offended finger it is those same individuals who look to gain an unfair advantage by any means possible.
Prior to those horrors infecting Dubai and returning with more germs than they took with them, there was no question around the continuation of football. Now they are doing everything in their power to get things stopped. We can only hope that the rest of Scottish football sees through it as if the SPFL Executive manages to get their precedent then they'll be all out, with the full backing of the BBC, McLaughin, Spiers et al, to stop the league!

Only thing that stands in their way is facts and stats. And that no other is doing this course of action. In other words DEFLECTION

Let's be honest, the government is never going to stop football this season, for two reasons. Firstly it's a Holyrood election year and I could think of few things that would be less popular across the country at large. Secondly, it would then put them on the hook for the liabilities associated with a voided season. They'd be picking up the tab for Sky and other commercial contracts. Not a chance that is happening.
Not so sure, the people that vote SNP will be happy to shaft us

One club has publicly called for football to be stopped? Which club as there's been no 'public' request
I can only guess it's celtic. What other football club would genuinely want to stop playing football at any time.

Look at this forum as an example of deflection and how it has worked. Look at the front page to see what topics are being discussed and think back prior to this hyperbole click bait propaganda story created by Keith Jackson and Doncaster.

We keep saying we need change etc, yet even our own are easily manipulated without looking at the reasons why.

Well it wasn't Inverness, they have came out and said they don't want football to stop or be paused.

Looks like he maybe jumped on John Robertsons mental issues comment.

As an aside, I hope 'Robbo' is ok. He's a good man.

For the first time, I’m starting to get a little bit concerned with the direction and momentum this is gathering.

Anyone who trusts the footballing authorities in this country have very short memories!

As pointed out by others, Maxwell doesn’t have the right to say that one club has publicly challenged the decision to continue with football at Championship level when it was actually the manager who spoke to the press. We don’t know what the ICT board’s position is.

John Robertson alluded to the pandemic causing him mental problems and in those circumstances was it right for Maxwell to attempt to exploit the situation?

The other angle that should raise concerns is the media prominence given to his email. It certainly looks like a case of action being taken to send out a message rather for any practical purpose. Would Championship clubs not have raised any issues at the SPFL meeting a day or so earlier or were they muted on Zoom?

Everything in this country is set up for one clubs benefit, they get everything they want. They will be pushing for a null and void despite the fact that covid cases/deaths should start dropping in the next month with the vaccines kicking in and the restrictions in place. I have this terrible fear that it’s going to happen, there is no way Scottish football want us winning this league and everyone sides with the Tim’s anyway. I’m starting to sound like a paranoid Tim but they have hold over other clubs. We as a club just have to keep doing what we are doing.
I genuinely believe Celtic behaviour in 2021 will have changed a few opinions. They’ve bullied an early stop last year, somehow delayed the cup for 6 months, pulled the strings behind the scenes for a decade, they’ve went to Dubai, they’ve not properly apologised and blamed the SFA SPFL and the government, furloughed their youths to pay for the trip, they have patronised the lower leagues by telling everyone they’ve had it worst and they appear to have the most ungrateful and entitled fans around who are providing comedy for the common man.

In terms of fans, the diddy fans don’t like either of us, probably us less I grant you that. But they are most interested in laughing at OF fans wherever they can get their kicks. They’ve had their fun with rangers but now the laughs are to be had with the mentally challengeds.

I get the desire from Celtc to unsettle us and all that entails, but I would, like many others be mightily pissed off if our club wasn't prepared to go nuclear in the event there is a push for N&V.
I would expect court cases to be the order of the day and to expose this terrible cartel masquerading as a governing body.

I genuinely believe Celtic behaviour in 2021 will have changed a few opinions. They’ve bullied an early stop last year, somehow delayed the cup for 6 months, pulled the strings behind the scenes for a decade, they’ve went to Dubai, they’ve not properly apologised and blamed the SFA SPFL and the government, furloughed their youths to pay for the trip, they have patronised the lower leagues by telling everyone they’ve had it worst and they appear to have the most ungrateful and entitled fans around who are providing comedy for the common man.

In terms of fans, the diddy fans don’t like either of us, probably us less I grant you that. But they are most interested in laughing at OF fans wherever they can get their kicks. They’ve had their fun with Rangers but now the laughs are to be had with the mentally challengeds.
Slash and burn tactics now, they are getting desperate.

There was a lockdown put in place and they dont qualify as elite athletes.

What happened to testing money supplied by that hearts fan you may ask? That may have bought them a pardon. However without testing it was a certainty.

How do you decide who gets European places if we void this season? Does it fall back to last year or the current table?

The whole setup in this country is an absolute shambles and it really makes me sick to my stomach.

How do we even get change from the top? Seems impossible right now.

How do you decide who gets European places if we void this season? Does it fall back to last year or the current table?

The whole setup in this country is an absolute shambles and it really makes me sick to my stomach.

How do we even get change from the top? Seems impossible right now.

m8 relax, pour yesel a cup of tea. or spark a can.

I can recommend citalopram but you need to visit your doctor.

What they forget is that we now have a manager who is respected throughout the world for his views on football so if they do the dirty on us it will ruin scottish football forever because im sure stevie g wouldnt accept this after what happened last year .bring it on

Article updated on the BBC:

Specifically with this bit:

However, it appears Maxwell may have interpreted comments from manager John Robertson as an official endorsement from Inverness Caley Thistle.

The Highland club have told BBC Scotland they are not in favour of a temporary pause.

So it appears Maxwell is trying desperately to manufacture a situation no club has asked for.

100% DB, but asking to suspend the championship is deflection. If it was 3 games to go and we were 8 a head. Then I am absolutely convinced they would try it.

Right now it kills Scottish football, its a red herring to remove anger and distrust in Lawwell and Doncaster. And look, its worked. Even our fans have fallen for the Keith Jackson click bait that was planted as a seed.
Doesn't it worry you that the supposed boss of Scottish Football, Ian Maxwell has twice, within days, shown himself to be nothing more than Lawwell's lackey?
We already know, from experience, who works Neil Doncaster from the back. On that basis, anything is possible. To believe otherwise is taking naivety to a whole new level.

Article updated on the BBC:

Specifically with this bit:

So it appears Maxwell is trying desperately to manufacture a situation no club has asked for.
I know a club who's asked Maxwell to act in this fashion, maybe asked is the wrong word!

Doesn't it worry you that the supposed boss of Scottish Football, Ian Maxwell has twice, within days, shown himself to be nothing more than Lawwell's lackey?
We already know, from experience, who works Neil Doncaster from the back. On that basis, anything is possible. To believe otherwise is taking naivety to a whole new level.

M8 I 100% know their game but I also look at the facts, and look at the trends.

The season won’t get scrubbed. Delayed until later this year at worst.

There is sbsolutely no appetite from any of the clubs (barring Covid FC* 8.75 Meisters *) to scrub the season.

All this stuff just cheers me up. Them raising their wee hopes that they might manufacture another failed and undeserved attempt at a tainted 9.75, only to have their hopes dashed again. Glorious :))

Back