Mayo to Killie on loan

dc99

How are people not more careful with the titles of these threads?

I thought this would have been an obvious one

Bangersbc

My mates a Thistle fan and he was very impressed with Mayo .

This is a big chance for him to show he can handle the step up.
If he impressed this season, he could be in a Scotland squad by the end of the year.

But he needs to do what McCrorie Middleton and Williamson failed to do before him. Loans at good levels but failure to nail down a starting place. Get it done lad!

Fantastic opportunity for him.

tazzabear

22 years old, 6"3, with over 50 appearances in the championship. It's now or never for the boy. But this is certainly an opportunity for him to make it clear NOW is the time for young Lewis.

Get in the first team and impress lad.
This maybe helps Leon King as well.

GraemeButNotMurty

Official Ticketer
On a plastic pitch under a manager who isn't exactly known for setting his teams out to play attacking football, or for having centre backs that are good with the ball at their feet. It might end up a good move for him in the sense he could get a permanent move there, but on paper it's another loan move that does nothing to prepare a player for stepping up into our first team.

RickDagless

This is the model we should be using.

Not sure if Mayo comes back and is a big player for us, but a season playing in the SPFL's top league will be more telling than another year in the B team.

Best of luck to the lad, hope he has a stormer of a season.

ICA_86

Thistle fans loved him.

If he impresses again at Killie, you’re sort of at the ‘what more does he need to do?’ stage of things.

insanicdrunk

Hate the pitch but this is a great move for him, playing in the top league. Benefits are two fold for us, nails a place down and he progresses also he doesnt play against us and weakens their team. I know we shouldnt worry about killie, but every little bit is a benefit!

Desert Loyal

lego-green-baseplate-48-x-48-with-playing-field-25-1-899024-61.jpg

That pitch (groan), also I wouldn't have given that fat jobby hooverer a players poop never mind the player himself.

1914-18

He was in the Championship team of the season
Lewis Mayo?

It was only Scott Tiffoney and Brian Graham from Thistle who made team of the season, Lewis Mayo wasn't in there.

I know a Thistle player and I asked him about Lewis Mayo, he said he is a cracking defender, always doing the extra stuff after training in the gym, eating properly etc, his only gripe was that he was too soft at times and didn't bully the strikers. Said if he adds the physical side to the game he will play for Rangers

orjan_persson

I know a Thistle player and I asked him about Lewis Mayo, he said he is a cracking defender, always doing the extra stuff after training in the gym, eating properly etc, his only gripe was that he was too soft at times and didn't bully the strikers. Said if he adds the physical side to the game he will play for Rangers
Mayo should be giving the opposition hellmann.

Mac72

Lewis Mayo?

It was only Scott Tiffoney and Brian Graham from Thistle who made team of the season, Lewis Mayo wasn't in there.

Mayo was in the PFA championship team of the year. He wasn't in the SPFL one.

Well under McIness he'll have to learn it or be lose his place. In terms of learning that side of the game, it's probably the best place for him to go.

Disraeli

Really good move for the lad. Chance to step up after impressing in the Championship.

Killie get a good player and he hopefully returns to the club with a full season of top flight football under his belt. Win-win.

Gennaro_88

Official Ticketer
Good move for him and frankly we need to ship out more players to SPL sides so they can at least give them a game from time to time. Was pathetic last year.

The Director

I really hope this works for him and he can be a Rangers player in the future. His old man is a hard core Rangers man and there would be no one prouder.

Highway Star

My mates a Thistle fan and he was very impressed with Mayo .

This is a big chance for him to show he can handle the step up.

He was in Championship team of the year.
This is the natural next step in his development.

Even if he doesn't make it with us, he'll carve out a good career for himself.

Tall, built like a tank, comfortable with the ball at his feet, as he's very 2 footed and quick across the ground.

This is a great opportunity for him to impress.

GovanFront4

Good loan for him. Not ready for us but at that age you can quickly progress so another loan up a level is spot on.

There’s a boy that played next to him in the Partick defence Tunji Akinola I’d be surprised if he’s still in the Championship next season.

GovanFront4

Same. Thistle ST holder in my work, good guy and very knowledgeable, said he was the best player in the whole Championship by a mile. Said too that Alegria was a disaster.
I was at a game and Algeria was pretty much booed on to the park. Thought to myself that is awful harsh. After about 6 touches of the ball it became abundant clear why they hadn’t taken to him.

Chris the Bandito

Good loan for him. Not ready for us but at that age you can quickly progress so another loan up a level is spot on.

There’s a boy that played next to him in the Partick defence Tunji Akinola I’d be surprised if he’s still in the Championship next season.
I think McInnes is a good manager to develop under as a CB. He's really good on positioning, attacking the ball, organisation. If there's a flaw I see in Mayo it's a tendency to get carried away and go chasing out of position to try to nick a ball he has no chance of, which would be suicidal at our level. I'll bet McInnes cures that.

imvaison

Mayo has been a decent player over the last few years but have to admit I thought his time with us was at an end. It’s good to see he has this excellent opportunity to move up a level and if all goes well to hopefully get back to us and challenge for a place.

jdm1873

Most of the local killie fans I know said he was outstanding against them earlier in the season and they think its a great signing.