Mbappe dive

That’s pathetic. 4-1 up in injury time. What is the point. He should get at least a 5 game ban. Club and country.

Shocker - dives like that should see the player banned for 10 matches or something. Bit like the one Burke did for Celtic. Ran about 5 yards after the "tackle" then dived and still got a penalty.

Players like this need to be taught a lesson. Labelled a cheat and banned for a few games will do that.

No worse than the defender having more of your shirt than you have.
What level of cheating would you consider Broadfoot on Morelos?
What level of cheating would you put the rest of the Kilmarnock team trying to influence the referee at that incident at?
To me, there’s a stigma attached to diving that is undeserved when compared to the other cheating that goes on.
I knew you’d be on this one.

Shocker - dives like that should see the player banned for 10 matches or something. Bit like the one Burke did for Celtic. Ran about 5 yards after the "tackle" then dived and still got a penalty.

Players like this need to be taught a lesson. Labelled a cheat and banned for a few games will do that.
Burke didn't get a penalty as far as I can recall. Perhaps your confusing it with Gudetti's dive against the Watery farts where they did get a penalty - then again there's so many to choose from!

10/10 for effort.

I'm not in the burn them, hang them camp.

If you could get every single person in the world to agree that diving is bad and they won't do it any more, then I'd support these 5 game ban style reactionary rants.

The fact is that people are going to try it and at times, they're going to get away with it.

You see people lie throughout the game about the ball hitting their opponent, stealing yards at throw ins and probably a dozen other examples of gamesmanship that I can't think of just now.

We have a weird gentlemanly attitude towards it.

It's not just diving that is the problem, it's going down easy under the slightest touch. I'd class that as a dive too but other people would say it's a foul because there's contact.

Burke didn't get a penalty as far as I can recall. Perhaps your confusing it with Gudetti's dive against the Watery farts where they did get a penalty - then again there's so many to choose from!
You are correct, couldn't remember if he got a penalty. Shocker of a dive though by Burke.

It's so easy to sort out for ever if they really wanted to but for some reason they don't, 5 game ban 1st offence, 10 game ban 2nd offence, sine die 3rd offence. It will stop almost overnight!

I’ve honestly never seen Messi dive in my life, mbappe has so much talent why does he feel the need to go down the Neymar route.

The thing is from one angle it is laughable that he has tried to con the ref with the straight leg routine but from the other angle it does look like the keeper catches him.

Hopefully when VAR comes in these sort of dives will be instant red cards and a further 3 match ban. This form of attempted cheating will hopefully be stamped out of the game as will holding in the box at set plays - the only time that was refereed correctly was at the world cup but it is still something that needs stamped out the game.

Back