Mbappe v Tierney - contains comedy video

Draper1872

I never saw the game on Tuesday but have been baffled by people on FF suggesting Tierney is anything other than a bog standard SPL player. On the old forum one poster said he was the best LB in scotland since Arthur Numan. This thread is aimed at our fans view on him. I think people are being sucked in by the media as well.

I think this video sums up his current ability. You will actually start laughing when you watch it.

Can we please shift the conversation and start ripping the p*sh out of tims in the workplace about this. Lets not help try and over-inflate his value as well haha.

Enjoy

Ps. Really sorry that I have made a thread about the tims but I'm passionate about this particular players lack of ability.

Kieran Tierney has plenty of ability. He may not be world class, as was shown the other night, but he's much better than everyone at his own age level and probably most of the players in the league.

I'm all for ripping the p*sh out the tims, but lets be realistic.

Whilst I don't think using one of the best players in the world is exactly a fair reflection of ability, there is a point to be made about him.
Letting him play and letting him run shouldnt be an option for us next week. Candeias has to put in the shift we know he's capable of and Tav should support that. Do that and give him something to think about.

Kieran Tierney has plenty of ability. He may not be world class, as was shown the other night, but he's much better than everyone at his own age level and probably most of the players in the league.

I'm all for ripping the p*sh out the tims, but lets be realistic.

Your missing the point. Mbappe is a raw youngster who's not even anywhere near his potential. There are 15 Right sided forward / Midfielders in the EPL that would destroy him.

Embarrassing that people have been sucked in by the propaganda.

Which is it? He's good for his age or he's an outstanding player? Baffling. Will get found out when we are back in full

Hope Candeias is watching this. Wonderboy really doesn't get close at any point because he knows hes beat for pace and skill. Mbappe is the real deal though. A mixture of Henry and Ronaldo.

What I got from that is that the PSG boy played everywhere and not just down the right but the other thing I noticed is he (boy wonder)doesn't do particularly well with direct pace at him, hope tav and candeias go at him next week.

This is a daft thread. If you're gonna make a point about him, don't use a video where he has personal duels with one of the best players in the world, and actually wins some of them.

Tierney is a very average SPFL Premier left back, in that defensively he is not very good and going forward he is ok, but id look ok going forward with sinclair infront of me.

I remember his scotland debut i think, it was certainly a scotland game away when he was at fault for all 3 goals and was given an absoloute roasting, in the game at new year Tavernier got by him a fair few times also and our goal came from that side.

A simple pass and go and he is lost.

The boy isn't anywhere near what folk (even rangers fans) think he is.

In terms of left backs in Scotlands top league is about the same level as some hibs or hearts jobber of the 90s.

Tierney is a very average SPFL Premier left back, in that defensively he is not very good and going forward he is ok, but id look ok going forward with sinclair infront of me.

I remember his scotland debut i think, it was certainly a scotland game away when he was at fault for all 3 goals and was given an absoloute roasting, in the game at new year Tavernier got by him a fair few times also and our goal came from that side.

A simple pass and go and he is lost.

The boy isn't anywhere near what folk (even rangers fans) think he is.

In terms of left backs in Scotlands top league is about the same level as some hibs or hearts jobber of the 90s.

Great post. Then you have guys arguing hes done well in the video when he's had an absolute mare and been at fault for 2 goals whilst been ghosted 8 times.

What I took more from that video is that Ralston is a wee prick. Trying to get in his face and Mbappe doesn't even look at him.

Tierney is a decent left back, not exactly the best comparison using a video against one of the hottest properties in the world right now.

Your missing the point. Mbappe is a raw youngster who's not even anywhere near his potential. There are 15 Right sided forward / Midfielders in the EPL that would destroy him. Let's hear them then.

Embarrassing that people have been sucked in by the propaganda. I'm not. I watch football and can assess players fairly and honestly.

Which is it? He's good for his age or he's an outstanding player? Baffling . He's both good for his age and a cracking wee player, and it's only baffling if you're easily confused Will get found out when we are back in full I really do hope so

What are you basing his ability on? He's been rotten in Europe and plays against guys who are on ÂŁ1000 a week in the SPL.

Im not listing 15 EPL players that would destroy him who he would come up against but can you imagine what guys like Sane and Sissoko would do to him? They aren't even first team starters ffs. Guys like Mane and Sanchez would do even worse that Mbappe did.

Embarrassing

Watched the game the other night and I don't even think the front 3 of PSG had a great game. Obviously different class but the 3 midfielders were top class on the night. Imagine what they would have done to them if the top 3 clicked. The game in Paris could be fun

Tierney isn't great at all and Candieas will trouble him. But this video isn't the best demonstration because Mbappe is a phenomenal talent and already one of the top 10 in the world in my opinion.

You're blind if you think the likes of Mane is better than Mbappe, the EPL is so overhyped.
What are you basing his ability on? He's been rotten in Europe and plays against guys who are on ÂŁ1000 a week in the SPL.

Im not listing 15 EPL players that would destroy him who he would come up against but can you imagine what guys like Sane and Sissoko would do to him? They aren't even first team starters ffs. Guys like Mane and Sanchez would do even worse that Mbappe did.

Embarrassing

Your missing the point. Mbappe is a raw youngster who's not even anywhere near his potential. There are 15 Right sided forward / Midfielders in the EPL that would destroy him.

Embarrassing that people have been sucked in by the propaganda.

Which is it? He's good for his age or he's an outstanding player? Baffling. Will get found out when we are back in full

You do realise that you're comparing him with Kylian Mbappe, the best young player of his generation and one tipped to rewrite the golden pages of French football, right?

Spare me the condescending bollocks about propaganda. I've seen enough of Tierney as a Rangers and Scotland fan to know he's a more than decent enough player. Is he Mbappe levels? No, he's not even close to that. But he's easily good enough for a West Brom or Southampton type

Not really sure how anyone would even care enough about him to get so wound up

Embarrassing

Who is Sissoko?

Mane better than Mbappe. Jesus wept

You do realise that you're comparing him with Kylian Mbappe, the best young player of his generation and one tipped to rewrite the golden pages of French football, right?

Spare me the condescending bollocks about propaganda. I've seen enough of Tierney as a Rangers and Scotland fan to know he's a more than decent enough player. Is he Mbappe levels? No, he's not even close to that. But he's easily good enough for a West Brom or Southampton type

Not really sure how anyone would even care enough about him to get so wound up

Good enough for Southampton? Based on nothing!

You think I'm condescending to suggest that propenga is the rational behind the wider view on Tierney. Do you read FF or live in Scotland? We regularly have giggle fits on Tims valuation of their next big player.

He's being embarrassed in every game in Europe. Chill.

Ps. I'm not wound up. I'm having a discussion about football on an Internet forum. Buzzing for our game.

Tierney is s good player. I don't really get what people get from saying "He's shite" or "will be found out".

He's certainly not a world beater, but shoring s video with him against the second most expensive player? Don't really get it tbh.

He has a physicality that gets him an edge in Scotland, will be exposed regularly against better opposition

Learning from the Scott Brown style of football which is not a good thing

Good enough for Southampton? Based on nothing!

You think I'm condescending to suggest that propenga is the rational behind the wider view on Tierney. Do you read FF or live in Scotland? We regularly have giggle fits on Tims valuation of their next big player.

He's being embarrassed in every game in Europe. Chill.

Ps. I'm not wound up. I'm having a discussion about football on an Internet forum. Buzzing for our game.

I don't live in Scotland, no. But to allude that anyone who rates the boy only does so because they've been brainwashed by the tabloid media, whereas you are some all-knowing clairvoyant who sees the reality of the situation, is condescending

I don't live in Scotland, no. But to allude that anyone who rates the boy only does so because they've been brainwashed by the tabloid media, whereas you are some all-knowing clairvoyant who sees the reality of the situation, is condescending

Don't be so sensitive. I have an opinion on a football player and you don't agree. Cant believe you shoehorned Clairvoyant into the debate though. Bravo

Watched the game the other night and I don't even think the front 3 of PSG had a great game. Obviously different class but the 3 midfielders were top class on the night. Imagine what they would have done to them if the top 3 clicked. The game in Paris could be fun

Rabiot and Verratti must not have left 2nd gear all night. An absolute breeze for the two classy midfielders.

Back