Mbappe

Can anyone remember a quicker player at the top level?

Feck me he’s an absolute flying machine. He can give defenders a 10 yard head start and still blitz them over 30-40 yards.

Florin Răducioiu was a flying machine, we were in for him under Advocaat

People talk about Messi needs to win a World cup for his country, Mbappe already has done
France have far better players than Argentina.

It might seem like a really stupid thing to say when Benzema is literally considered the best player in the world, but they seem far more cohesive going forward with Mbappe, Giroud and Griezmann.

Not sure if it’s true, but seemingly his grandfather runs the Calais Loyal Rangers Supporters Boat.

We might be in with a chance!

An amazing player. A cock of a guy. Also not better than Messi at his peak. Messi is 35 and still carrying his nation at a World Cup.

Feck me he’s an absolute flying machine. He can give defenders a 10 yard head start and still blitz them over 30-40 yards.
It’s incredible. Even if he doesn’t have the time to use skill to beat a man, he can knock it 20-30 yards past him and like you say, he’s winning that ball.

Both strikes today were tremendous. I still don’t think he is as good a finisher as Ronaldo (R9) and don’t think he ever will be. The way the game is played now though, he gets enough chances to score bundles of goals.

As a poster said previously, once he falls of the cliff as far pace goes it’ll be interesting to see how he revolutionises himself. Similar to Michael Owen. The factor of injuries will also play a huge part, more so with speed merchants
isnt he only 23?

Think that’s his best option also. If he’s just about 24 how many years does he have left with that level of pace I wonder
how many years probably 4 or 5 hes still young and has years left in his legs

He might play in 6 world cups if he can stay fit.

2018 he was 19, 2022 he’s 23, 2026, 27, 2030, 31, 2034, 35, 2038, 39.

Still playing for France at 39 would be tough, but this lad has incredible ability and never seems to be injured so might manage it.
God almighty, where the hell did you get the 6 world cups from?? That's crazy talk man lol

Screenshot-2022-12-04-17-36-21-625-edit-com-instagram-android.jpg
Notice R9 not mentioned

Think France will retain the WC with him, a bloody outstanding player, and still so young
As for him having to move from PSG to prove something to the naysayers, how many clubs can afford his wages? a million euros a week isn’t it

Cracking player, a joy to watch when he’s in the zone but an absolute thunder lady's front bottom and I hope Maguire rolls his studs down his Achilles first few minutes.

Walker has pace and will get closer to him. Stop the service into their danger men.

Don’t focus on France and trying to stop them. England have plenty player of their own to hurt France.

Easily the best player on the planet right now and by quite some distance.

He will be the best player in the world for a number of years and that will be the pinnacle for him, I’m not so sure he will be in the conversations for the greatest ever considering we still live in a world where both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are still playing.

If he proves himself at Madrid when he finally goes there then he has the potential to be GOAT of course, but I’m just not so sure he has everything in the way that the true greats have, and that includs winning the big tournaments consistently.

Hopefully he knocks a couple in against England and maybe one in semi but then gets knocked out and Argentina win for a nice 66/1 bet

Easily the best player on the planet right now and by quite some distance.

He will be the best player in the world for a number of years and that will be the pinnacle for him, I’m not so sure he will be in the conversations for the greatest ever considering we still live in a world where both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are still playing.

If he proves himself at Madrid when he finally goes there then he has the potential to be GOAT of course, but I’m just not so sure he has everything in the way that the true greats have, and that includs winning the big tournaments consistently.
He won't be in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi IMO, those two were and to an extent still are ridiculous.

we hear it all the time. Next messi, next Ronaldo and it never really works out. Neymar was supposed to be the next Messi and he's just lived in his shadow pretty much - as good as he is.

I honestly don't believe we'll see another messi/ronaldo in our lifetimes. The ability, the longevity, the trophies, the goals scored and every other record they've broken is just ridiculous. To think they are both barely ever injured either.

He's bloody immense. Would like to see him test himself at Madrid in the future. Barca and Real Madrid are the acid test for World class players imo. At 24 he hasn't peaked yet either.
If he can become part of a team that wins the CL, despite the stature of Real this season, does this not make that argument redundant?

He won't be in the same league as Ronaldo and Messi IMO, those two were and to an extent still are ridiculous.

we hear it all the time. Next messi, next Ronaldo and it never really works out. Neymar was supposed to be the next Messi and he's just lived in his shadow pretty much - as good as he is.

I honestly don't believe we'll see another messi/ronaldo in our lifetimes. The ability, the longevity, the trophies, the goals scored and every other record they've broken is just ridiculous. To think they are both barely ever injured either.
I agree totally mate. In my opinion Mbappe is definitely well short of the level of where Ronaldo or Messi were at their peak careers. He’s a top top player of course but definitely not in same league as those two.

I agree totally mate. In my opinion Mbappe is definitely well short of the level of where Ronaldo or Messi were at their peak careers. He’s a top top player of course but definitely not in same league as those two.
I know it's not a fair comparison but if you put Messi for example at mbappes age now that brings us to the 2011/12 season

Messi scored 73 goals that season in 60 games. Mbappe is nowhere near him or Ronaldo. That's not a slight against mbappe it just shows how unstoppable those 2 were.

I know it's not a fair comparison but if you put Messi for example at mbappes age now that brings us to the 2011/12 season

Messi scored 73 goals that season. Mbappe is nowhere near him or Ronaldo. That's not a slight against mbappe it just shows how unstoppable those 2 were.
What Messi and Ronaldo had, and still have to an extent, that the others don’t have is consistency. To have that consistency to be the best and to hit the numbers they did season after season for about 15 years is just totally frightening and very difficult for even the really top players to do.

Your right about the injuries as well, maybe Messi had a bad one, what, 5 years ago or so, Ronaldos not really had any bad injuries as such, unless I’m mistaken, so they’ve also been really lucky on that front.

Very difficult for any player to be as good as those two in any running to be the greatest ever, and as you say, as good as Mbappe is, he’s not quite going to get to those levels.

What Messi and Ronaldo had, and still have to an extent, that the others don’t have is consistency. To have that consistency to be the best and to hit the numbers they did season after season for about 15 years is just totally frightening and very difficult for even the really top players to do.

Your right about the injuries as well, maybe Messi had a bad one, what, 5 years ago or so, Ronaldos not really had any bad injuries as such, unless I’m mistaken, so they’ve also been really lucky on that front.

Very difficult for any player to be as good as those two in any running to be the greatest ever, and as you say, as good as Mbappe is, he’s not quite going to get to those levels.
The consistency is crazy too. Ever since they both broke into their teams they've never really stopped. No major bad patches or spells, just consistently high quality.

Even when they had a "bad" season, they were still in contention for GOAT and miles ahead of any other player at the time

Gareth Bale at his peak absolutely rinsed peak Maicon and peak Dani Alves for pace...as in obliterated them.

Mbappe's speed over 5-10 yards is scary though.

Apparently Darwin Nunez clocked the fastest speed ever recorded in the Premier League which surprised me.

He is of a different class to any other player in the current game, including Messi who, imo, is well past his best.

I mean in fairness Messi is 35 yet still has better 'numbers' than Mbappe this season.

I suppose a debate can be had when he scored 90 goals in a calendar year, wins 7 Ballon d'Ors and scores 40+ goals a season for 10-15 years.

He doesn’t have that extra part of his game compared to those currently touted as the best ever. Once his legs leave him he will struggle, like Owen or Bale.

Suprised hes not being compared up against Haaland more. Similar ages and goal machines. Would be a hard pick if you had to choose one out of the two to lead your front line.

Suprised hes not being compared up against Haaland more. Similar ages and goal machines. Would be a hard pick if you had to choose one out of the two to lead your front line.
Mbappe a better player.
Haaland a better goal scorer.

Even then, Mbappe’s goal return is still frightening and you could argue he’s done it at a higher level over a longer period.

He’s blatantly not a playmaker or a particularly great passer though.
Have you watched him this tournament? He was poor last night pretty much right up until he scored his first goal but has been setting up goals and playing others in effectively the whole tournament.

Give me Mbappe over Haaland any day of the week.

Kinda similar to Messi and Ronaldo comparisons actually. One will score you loads of goals if you give him service. The other has a sprinkle of genius where he can take on 2/3 players and create something from nothing.

Having seen PSG live a fair bit this season, Hakimi is just as quick when he gets going. Kylian is another level running with the ball.

Going through next for the Angers game on the 11th. Interested to see how this tournament will have affected them physically.

With talk on the board about the best players ever he has all the ability in the world.

He still has age on his side, will be 24 in a few weeks.

Will staying at Paris take him away from the real "greatest" conversation??
Best player at the Worlds imho.

He also gives a lot to charity. One of which is to support 98 kids until they reach working age to fulfill their dreams. He also gave money to help in the search for Sala after the tragedy of that plane crash.

Back