McAuley - So far it’s a no from me

Blue Tack

Will win more than his fair share in the air .

On the deck he has been extremely poor for me and is giving Goldson the jitters .

Yes I appreciate he hasn’t had a lot of games however he would need to improve drastically for me to have any confidence

Gerrard doesn’t fancy Katic at all and his lack of game time is proof of that. The form of Worrall and McAuley might just force him into giving him a chance though.

he's done

and we're talking about bringing back a 33 year old in davis

the club's learned %^*& all

When did you last watch Davis play?

He had a decent game in the Premier League last week or so.

He was the best player on the park in a recent international I watched as well.

Are you basing that on anything or just wildly throwing around a half formed opinion?

Yes I agree , should be back up to goldson and katic . Certainly wouldn't entertain giving him a deal at end of the season.

Can’t agree. He’s been largely solid since coming into the side. Just seems anyone who isn’t Katic is going to get it, and with every passing week Katic doesn’t play, he gets better. If we keep him on the bench until March, we’ll have a Baresi on our hands.

I thought katic and goldson are the best pairing we've had this season should just stick with that pairing big Macaulay will do for cover but not a starter imo

When did you last watch Davis play?

He had a decent game in the Premier League last week or so.

He was the best player on the park in a recent international I watched as well.

Are you basing that on anything or just wildly throwing around a half formed opinion?

do you really want me to produce a list of 30 something has beens to prove my point?>

[QUOTE="LiviLoyal, post: 2735408, member: 5843"Gerrard doesn’t fancy Katic at all and his lack of game time is proof of that. The form of Worrall and McAuley might just force him into giving him a chance though.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense, why post stuff like this?

Caught out too many times tonight, sadly.

I had hopes for him, his experience hopefully would pay dividends, unfortunately he struggles pace wise.

I’m tired of being negative tonight so this is my last post of the day, you all need piece. SG first job was sorting the defence imho and he seems to have talked himself out of it and at times it’s just as bad. Settle on barasic Goldson Katic tav and imho find someone to replace tav . I think we could have a good defence, we’ve just had more pairings than strictly and no one knows which way is up.
So in summary he still imho hasn’t fixed that first job.

He ok tonight few lack of concentration moments but in the main fine.
He will do short term because Worrall and Katic been out of form

Katic started the season well. He is a good player and needs to be brought back into the starting eleven. McAuley might be a good man to have in the squad but imo that needs to be in a supporting role.

[QUOTE="LiviLoyal, post: 2735408, member: 5843"Gerrard doesn’t fancy Katic at all and his lack of game time is proof of that. The form of Worrall and McAuley might just force him into giving him a chance though.

Nonsense, why post stuff like this?[/QUOTE]

It’s not but I’ll not argue it with you.

Will win more than his fair share in the air .

On the deck he has been extremely poor for me and is giving Goldson the jitters .

Yes I appreciate he hasn’t had a lot of games however he would need to improve drastically for me to have any confidence

Horses for courses.

McAuley gets my vote against some of the Scottish long ball merchants.

Maybe not so good v technically good teams with a bit of pace.

He's not a good player at all, no legs, slow and cumbersome and to to it all played like he lacks experience. If he wasn't Northern Irish I doubt anyone would want him at Ibrox. Anyone hoping he was the 2nd coming of Davie Weir are badly mistaken. Katic being dropped for Worrall then McAuley is criminal.

People were ready to make him a permanent starter because he was good against a 10 man Motherwell side. I don't think he's been bad but at 39 years old he shouldn't be a regular and should be a back up, not relied upon in the big games. Get Katic and Goldson back together if we're going to go with a back 4 and keep them together

Frankly I am sick of his rotational theories of a defence.
Whenever did a manager at Liverpool chop and change a centre half pairing while he was playing ?
It’s wrong and if neither he or his sidekick can see that then it’s extremely worrying

I just dont get the Katic thing. Why not just play him.

We were at our best early season with him alongside Goldson.

How many saves did shagger make tonight? Of course we don't want a defender of his age but out of the 3 I would stick with him.

We need to stop pissing about and get Katic and Goldson on the pitch in every game

The best pairing we've seen this season by a country mile.

Neither McAuley or Worrall have shown why they should be ahead of Katic in the team. Seems Gerrard can see something nobody else can.

McAuley is a back up and is fine in that role. He will winwa lot in the air ,remem rem all thetset piecepgoals we lost last season. Katic will be back but has gone off form. Remember the goal he lost against Motherwell. Worrel will be off I suspect at the end of the month with a new CB coming in.

Difficult to judge any of our defenders given that they play one game in 2 or 3 and with different partners every time.

If we ever have a settled pairing again it will be a better time to judge.
Like we did with Katic and Goldson before itnwas inexplicably broken up

He's not a good player at all, no legs, slow and cumbersome and to to it all played like he lacks experience. If he wasn't Northern Irish I doubt anyone would want him at Ibrox. Anyone hoping he was the 2nd coming of Davie Weir are badly mistaken. Katic being dropped for Worrall then McAuley is criminal.

So sick of unsubstantiated pish like this regarding NI.

I have no affinity to NI, frankly couldn’t give a shit where someone is from, and I’d have McAuley ahead of Katic and Worrall. The idea people only like him due to where he comes from, is absolute imaginary nonsense.

Back