McBurnie - Chris Wilder Responds

For me, the line on this one is if he went to see a direct opponent, a team in the same league, a “derby” rival.
Great support from Wilder though.

Chris wilder is just an all round good guy and a proper football man.

Has them playing good football too.

A lot of people seem to think they are a modern day Stoke getting results simply from being tough but it's not the case. They play some really good stuff. Wing backs getting well forward and goals from all over.

Wilder is a proper football man he has no delusions of grandeur his team play with a spirt and a style that many teams struggle against

Correct and perfect response.

Sky first said it was great and then within hours changed their stance to how outrageous it was, purely for clickbait purposes.

Chris Wilder is like a modern Clough, sees through the media and their nonsense, has a team playing good football, and says it as it is.

Good on Wilder,will be funny to see his reaction when Oli is caught on camera amongst Rangers fans singing ‘Simply The Best’ the day we clinch 55.
Another thing could you imagine the uproar if 3 of our players were caught celebrating in amongst our fans at the piggery on the 29th................
Just like Durrant,Durie and Fergie where away back in the day;)

Reactions: o7o
Good on Wilder,will be funny to see his reaction when Oli is caught on camera amongst Rangers fans singing ‘Simply The Best’ the day we clinch 55.
Another thing could you imagine the uproar if 3 of our players were caught celebrating in amongst our fans at the piggery on the 29th................
Just like Durrant,Durie and Fergie where away back in the day;)

This is bizarre and slightly OT, but there are some I would love to see from over the years from 2012 back in the stands when we clinch 55.

Good on him. He did nothing wrong and it's mental that the media are desperately trying to take the fun out of football so often by trying to get players into trouble so they can't do a bloody thing.

Compare and contrast with the absurd treatment of Fraser Aird (I know his contract was done but he was sacked because it was us he was supporting)

Wilder says the warning was "quite right" and has also spoken to McBurnie.

"We reminded him that he has a responsibility," said Wilder, 52.

"He's a footballer and with social media and cameras everywhere you can't get involved. He must represent himself, more than anything, a touch better and he understands that."

Good comments from him. He’ll be told to rein it in behind the scenes but good to see him backed

Oli is playing well. As for this story his manager might feel differently behind the scenes. Good to see the press go home without the narrative they blatantly wanted to report.

Good quote from the manager, Oli showing a bit of passion at his old teams game not exactly a crime is it

“We’ve rightly recieved a letter from the FA but I can relate, there was a time when I was player/manager that I’d rush back to the Lane.

I have no problem with Oli going back to watch them, he has a big connection there.

I think it’s quite refreshing to be honest” CW on Oli.

Quite right. Professional footballer going to watch his old team with the fans. Only crime he committed was his gear! Honking jacket!

Apart from McBurnies questionable clobber he never did anything wrong so it was good to see Wilder stick by his player.

Chris Wilder seems like the type of guy you’d love to work for. A genuine down to earth humble guy that appears to have his guys backs

Nice response. I’m enjoying watching what Sheffield United are doing.
As for the other point. I think we should get every living ex Ranger that we can find on the park for 55. Would be phenomenal.

Wilder is a proper football man he has no delusions of grandeur his team play with a spirt and a style that many teams struggle against
Do you think they will be a one season wonder n will struggle next year I hope not as they do play good football

Back