McBurnie possible move to Sheffield Utd

J Dawg

We were supposedly interested in him last season and I can't recall the prices being touted but obviously nowhere near the £15 million they have bid.
Unbelievable prices for a player I would rate as decent.
Not in Alfredos league.

Any transfer down within the top two divisions seems to be an extra £5m minimum on top of what a fair price would be.

If Palace or any other EPL club come knocking for Morelos we had better do the same.

SWANSEA have slapped a £20million price tag on Scotland striker Oliver McBurnie.

According to the BBC, Sheffield United have had a £15m offer booted out for the 23-year-old.

And it’s said the Premier League newcomers will have to fork out an extra £5m to land their man.

McBurnie scored 24 goals for Swansea last season and is under contract until 2021.

But the English Championship side will only sell if they receive an offer too good to refuse.

Rangers-daft McBurnie signed a new three-year contract with Swansea last summer

The Leeds-born hitman made his Scotland debut in March 2018 but has yet to open his international account in seven appearances.

He started off his career at Bradford City before joining the Swans for an undisclosed fee in 2015.

The Leeds-born hitman made his Scotland debut in March 2018 but has yet to open his international account in seven appearances.

He started off his career at Bradford City before joining the Swans for an undisclosed fee in 2015.

McBurnie spent time out on loan at Newport County, Bristol Rovers and Barnsley before eventually forcing his way into the first-team reckoning.

Sheffield United have already shattered their transfer record this summer by signing Preston star Callum Robinson in a deal believed to be worth around £6.5m.

But the Blades will have to more than TREBLE that outlay if they want McBurnie to lead their charge into the new season.

The £4m that was suggested last year was over the top.

It's not that ridiculous in the context of their league, country etc.

Promotion to the EPL is rumored to be worth at least 170 million.

That alone sort of confirms why Championship teams can make insane money for their players.

I know he's a good bear but he's not that good a player.

Nowhere near Morelos level.

Too much money for their own good down there, and it's not as if they are spending it on top quality either.

Imagine having 65-70m available to spend and thinking i'll go for Lewis Dunk and Oli McBurnie. That's frightening.

McBurnie or Morelos for £15m? I know which one I would be choosing. Same age, Morelos more experienced, scored more goals and is just a better all round forward.

I'm surprised a team like sheff utd hasn't come in for Morelos tbh.

if he goes for this money then it is excellent news for us, shows the likes of Palace will need to stump up bug cash for a guy thats a Columbian International and a goal machine as opposed to a Scotland fringe player who is just average.

Back