McCann Sportscene

How do you know he did?

All I’m saying is, sometimes people make a mistake. No need to go so OTT.

On the balance of probability- mccann being an ex-player, works on RTV, clearly loves the club, hasn’t slagged Alfie before I would imagine it’s a mistake.
He has the perfect platform to come out and say sorry or even the old chestnut my comments were misunderstood , he hasn’t.

Just watching Sportscene and Campbell of Hibs got off with one big time today. Red all day long.

waaaaaaaaaaaat

alfie has always done that celebration for years

in fact who fuikin cares

alfie fit and firing no defense can handle the boy

he gets abuse not only from opposition fans, but our own

keep doing it el buff
Exactly. If he’s pissing everyone else off he’s making us happy. Fire one in in the cup final and celebrate right in front of gravy veins. Scenes :shh:

Also said Humphrey’s effort was better than Roofes. I’d say Roofes was better as it was in the pishing rain in a big European game, but hey, maybe that’s just me.
Well that's ruined my memories of that Roofe goal if that's what they said lol, I will say this though, we should never have let that mob of bigoted Rangers haters back into Ibrox.

He might’ve apologised personally to Morelos for all we know.

Not everything has to result in a public flogging!
He might not be sorry. He’s been around long enough to have a view on Alfie. He thinks Morelos is an idiot and that opinion wasn’t just made up from one incident on Wednesday night. It’s not a public flogging but we have enough enemies to deal with.

Watched Match of the Day last night and its amazing how often the opposition team celebrate in front of the home fans.

Madison in particular was winding up the Villa fans into a frenzy.

Nothing said though - nor should it be.

Sadly their is an underbelly of something rather sinister within our country.

Also said Humphrey’s effort was better than Roofes. I’d say Roofes was better as it was in the pishing rain in a big European game, but hey, maybe that’s just me.

Roofe beat 3 men as well and had to drag the ball through mud. Best goal Ive ever seen. Better than Davy Cooper's keepy uppy one and it was sensational

McCann is brilliant but hes wide of the mark on this occasion.

Beale got it spot on. McCann Will probably regret saying it more than Alfie will regret celebrating

Could work out great The bbc will keep hiring him just to spite us,
so ginger balls will get left out more :shh:... win win

McCann is a hearts supporter so hardly one of our own.Just because he speaks highly of us most times doesn't give him carte blanche to abuse Alfie on a platform which is no friend of Rangers.He knew what he was saying.
So you’re basically saying McCann’s opinion is only valid when he speaks positively about us. I genuinely have no idea how you people cope in the real world.

Nice editing on Sportscene of the County corner which led to the goal, showed you the ball going out for their corner from a McLaughlin save rather than the actual one which was not a corner.

Does no one actually read OPs anymore?

This thread isn't about McCann talking about Alfie, it is about him not talking about some Dundee United goal scorer in the studio hours after a game.:rolleyes:

People are going a bit overboard about this. Morelos regularly has worse said about him on this board with no one saying anything about it
Rangers aren't in the habit in paying us , bbc paid McCann on Wednesday for his analysis I which he called a Rangers employee an idiot in a certain way ....... how stupid would Rangers look to use him in the short term and probably long term

The racial aspect to the abuse Morleos receives from opposition fans is always ignored by the media.

McCann irresponsible comments have poured fuel on that fire.
Banners about his Mother, being labelled a nasty piece of work by Keevins, an idiot by McCann.

His intelligence, his integrity and his family all being insulted. Young man in a foreign land and being labelled that way is dehumanising and a disgusting advert for Modern Scotland.

Last edited:
Is RTV still doing the studio stuff ? Is McCann involved ? Maybe he's gone a little huffy because he's not.

You have to be kidding ffs if he said that then he must have side effects of Pfizer?

The pitch was better than Roofe effort and their keeper was farther out add all he had to do and did before shooting was outpace those chasing him whereby Roofe had to resist 3 challenges before skilfully flicking ball round to side of final player challenge running round other side then shooting when falling!

No contest and nowhere near Roofe's gold standard goal!

Anyone ever think that McCann just made a mistake and isn’t actually the antichrist.

People can say things they don’t mean by accident…
My take and I could be wrong but when I heard he called Alfie an idiot for doing it I was thinking he said it knowing that Alfie being so scrutinised would be bringing unwanted attention to himself but then it would turn out to be McCann's words that would be used by the media/tabloids as a stick to batter the Morelos celebration?

Had the goal been straightforward no var moment needed that same celebration would have been done with nobody batting an eyelid imo?

Is RTV still doing the studio stuff ? Is McCann involved ? Maybe he's gone a little huffy because he's not.
I don't think there's been any studio stuff since before the World Cup. They binned the live stuff on matchday and introduced the Friday night Preview Show with Emma, then repeated chunks of that on matchday. Now, we don't even have the Preview Show.

Back