McCann's tactical analysis on Sportscene

Mick Beale is light years ahead of anything their buffoon-like management team have to have offer. He’s proved it time after time.

I love when the camera spans to him and Gerrard, constantly communicating. You can see Beale as if he’s standing in the middle of the pitch, moving players that inch back into perfect position.

I absolutely love how organised we are. That game went EXACTLY how we had planned and prepared for it to go. The mentally challengeds didn’t have a chance.

Exactly! .... and the main reason we are punching above our weight in Europe for example. We are competing their with teams who outmuscle us financially. However we can beat them because we are organised superbly.

Facing the tims yesterday we did not play at our best, in terms of individual performances. However we always looked strong and in control because our main strength is now the ‘team’ and system. In comparison to them we always looked like we were better drilled in terms of our position, movement and passing interplay, and always knew what our game plan was.

Last edited:
Sportscene was actually decent last night (apart from the obvious ). In their analysis of the game they focused on the tactics and the positional play, even Stewart did this. Their was no hyperbole or trying to stir up controversy. The programme was def better for it.

Despite all this, it showed that we can always play well against a team that doesn’t pack 10 men into the defence but plays three diddies instead.

They use Frimpong as their usual outlet. Kamara was on top of him all game and they had no plan b. Beales tactics worked a treat

beale is an unsung hero imo. Every time the camera pans into our bench, more often than not, beale is in Gerrards ear.

ive listened to a few of Beales interviews wether it be on podcasts or suchlike, his views of the game are refreshing. I’m in no doubt that most of our tactics are beales ideas.

I love listening to Neil McCann. He talks a fantastic game and is head and shoulders above any other pundit that I’ve seen. He’d surely be a brilliant coach. He gets his message over clearly and concisely and he knows what he’s talking about.
Brilliant summary from McCann. Now, imagine Fartson trying to explain the details to the viewers.

I hate it as I'm not sure they are intelligent enough to work it out so hate that we do it for them.

I thought Stewart was in his best behaviour as he was intimidated by McCann’s analysis and knew he’d get embarrassed going head to head with McCann.

I thought the most telling comment was from our free-scoring vice Captain when he was asked if they practiced the tactics in training, his reply was 'we have been practicing it for two years'

First up. I love Neil McCann. Always tries to talk us up but also is very fair in his comments.

He often gets touted as a possible Rangers manager on here but IMO there is a big difference between being a good analyst of what you see in front of you and being in the back room actually planning the strategy.

I don’t always agree wi Gerrard’s strategies but yesterday was as spot on as it gets. He took Lennon to the cleaners.

One of the funniest parts was when it showed Ajer stepping up at the first goal and shouting for offside even though the ball was mid-flight and in the box!

Back