Mccoist constant Rangers negativity

Correct and they were poor but still think they would beat the majority of other Scottish clubs .
They would.
We should've been out of sight after 60m, the fact that we weren't led to a very nervy last 15mins
We need to have more composure in possession in these circumstances.

Lot of absolute nonsense your spouting. He says it how it is and comes across with some form of common sense as opposed to those two clowns who you would think you’re watching Celtic TV. Hope he never stoops to their level
Well said, listening to Hartson during their game it's incredible how biased he is.

Last night the players delivered and deserve praise but they need to go on a consistent run now as it doesn't erase what happened on Sunday.

Yip, noticed this myself. Sitting there. Unshaven. Looking miserable and telling the viewers how poor Sparta were rather than be positive about how good Rangers were in parts of the game.

Is doing my fucking box in. It’s relentless, how poor Sparta are, bronby poor so let’s not get carried away by this achievement or Rangers performance. He just constantly chips away and sounds like a bitter man at times. He obviously isn’t.

mccoist watch Sutton and Harrison, they don’t crawl like this, get off your knees man.
They were two below average teams, I'd say he's accurate

Oh id much prefer someone like Hartson to be practically crying with positivity, telling us we are first class, and world beaters. (Then wonder why we get knocked out).

Mccoist is honest. When we were drawn in this group, I felt we would get second, as we were the second best team. Not sure how that differs from what he said.

Is doing my fucking box in. It’s relentless, how poor Sparta are, bronby poor so let’s not get carried away by this achievement or Rangers performance. He just constantly chips away and sounds like a bitter man at times. He obviously isn’t.

mccoist watch Sutton and Harrison, they don’t crawl like this, get off your knees man.
I’m sick of him, he’s bipolar at times. Let’s be honest would he have done better? NO

He does seem loathe to praise us. He seems to have a real problem with Morelos.
Why because he has pointed out all season he has been average. Ally has been saying all season Morelos should be staying up front. One game in GVB plays him much higher up and he reverts to banging them in again. But hey ho Ally has a problem for pointing out the truth.
SG managed the goalscorer out of Morelos to play a different way.

What a lot of absolute nonsense.

I don’t think it’s negative he calls it as he sees it and is just a supporter like us

I agree mate.

I understand your point to be fair, we should have certainly been more comfortable and we need to be more clinical.

Yes, it could easily have been 4, maybe 5 last night EB.

The second Aribo chance & the second Kent chance should have been scored for me.

Nearly came back to haunt us.

IMO Ally doesn't hold back on our weaknesses or flaws

While there are times when I just want to celebrate the win & deal with any problems later - I still don't think any less of him for pointing out concerns or areas needing improvement

I recognise that on occasions he can seem negative - but because his opinions always reflect reality & the truth - I'll forgive him

I think he is brilliant and very accurate in what he says. He is also paid to do a job not be our cheerleader
That's not really what the OP is saying is it..? Yes when they haven't or not played well then by all means it's due , but why be negative when we win even Davie Weirs comments were negative.

He was right last night. It was a good start for GVB and all that but the opposition were poor and we should only really see it as a good starting point for us going forward. In no way should we be getting over excited by it.
I'm not,delighted we won but there were spells we didn't keep the ball for long enough,Everytime we cleared our lines it was coming back and there were a few hairy moments.

This is from the post match commentary, hardly the relentless negativity some describe. I agree that he want his usual self though and I wonder how the events of the last couple of weeks and not being at Ibrox had an impact.

We can nitpick about the performance, parts of it were very good, parts were average and parts were poor.

most important thing was to get through and they did that, it is a terrific result

another great achievement, more European football after Christmas

could have been more comfortable had some great chances, hanging on a bit at the end and Sparta missed a couple

result was probably fair rangers deserved to win and by a couple of goals

came out the traps really well,

excellent finish

a top class finish, it really is.

You been drinking again? give yer head a shake

Ally’s Alf Garnett was in some nick last night , thought he had combed it with a firework, looking sparse on top as well.
He really should be smartening himself up as it’s not befitting of a Ranger.

True but at times he overcompensates. Like with Scotland, Patterson scores and he spends so much time bigging up guys like McGinn and McGregor
Well, if you watch Scotland you deserve all you get.

Anyway, I never listened to him at either h/t or f/t. But I've read on here that he did say we have to be more clinical. How any Rangers fan can argue with that after seeing Aribo and Kent squander those gilt edge chances last night is mind boggling.

And that's me in a good mood, not mentioning the defensive lapses.

Thank god he isn't like Sutton or Harton. Two grade A weapons that sit so far up the scums @rsehole trying to chase some cash and likes for it.

Huge fan of Ally the player and man (not manager). Agree both Brondy and Sparta were pish but Also found Ally’s comments pretty poor last night

Perhaps he was gutted at Alfie sinking another 2 goals and leaving his record way behind

This is from the post match commentary, hardly the relentless negativity some describe. I agree that he want his usual self though and I wonder how the events of the last couple of weeks and not being at Ibrox had an impact.

We can nitpick about the performance, parts of it were very good, parts were average and parts were poor.

most important thing was to get through and they did that, it is a terrific result

could have been more comfortable had some great chances, hanging on a bit at the end and Sparta missed a couple

excellent finish

You missed the main bit where he described Sparta and brondby as 2 poor sides or words to that effect. Basically downplayed the achievement of getting through the group while sat in front of the ground of another Glasgow club who failed to match that achievement.

Sometimes there are open goals and sometimes own goals

Ally McCoist has been part of the media for over 20 years, he gets regular work because he's a professional and he gets plaudits for his work alongside Clive Tyldesley in neutral surroundings.

This is because he's honest and not a suck up wank like Sutton, Hartson and the others mentioned.

McCoist has always been a love me love me type of person, especially goes on about his relationship with the celtic support and how he loves all the banter.

Well Ally I have news for you, they feckin hate you.

excellent finish

Exactly, and the point is that far worse was and is said here. I seriously don’t know, is it only happy when it rains or a look at me and how staunch I am?

You missed the main bit where he described Sparta and brondby as 2 poor sides or words to that effect. Basically downplayed the achievement of getting through the group while sat in front of the ground of another Glasgow club who failed to match that achievement.

Sometimes there are open goals and sometimes own goals
It wasn’t the main bit, it was also a comment which was fair. I don’t think either Bronby or Sparta are great teams (even if they hammered Celtic twice last season).

He didn’t downplay the achievement. he said it was an excellent achievement, he did go on to say let’s not get carried away which I think is perfectly reasonable given this is a side which has underperformed for the majority of the season so far.

Better to die in your feet than live forever on your knees!

Ally only wants the best for our club. He's also correct about us not putting away our chances when they arrive. We don't make life easy for ourselves when always giving the opposition the chance of a comeback.

Ally calls it like he sees it. I’d far rather listen to a guy who tries to view the game with his critical faculties deployed than have a mindless cheerleader like Hartson is for Celtic.

Well said, listening to Hartson during their game it's incredible how biased he is.

Last night the players delivered and deserve praise but they need to go on a consistent run now as it doesn't erase what happened on Sunday.
Totally. On the other hand it made it so much more satisfying when those late Leverkusen goals fly in.

True but at times he overcompensates. Like with Scotland, Patterson scores and he spends so much time bigging up guys like McGinn and McGregor
Nah I think he just appreciates good play when he sees it and with regards to Scotland isn’t prejudiced by what club the player is with. John McGinn is terrific for Scotland at times and if he, McGregor or anyone else does something worthy of praise in Ally’s opinion then he’ll mention it and rightly so.
Is there any question that Ally McCoist is a Ranger? Of course not.

Whether McCoist or anyone else likes it or not, the fact is that this team have been the most consistent in Europe out of any Rangers team I have ever seen.

McCoist played in a team that genuinely could have won the Champions League and flattered to deceive 9 times out of 10 in Europe, getting pumped out qualifiers left, right and centre

Hartson was telling his gullible group that no team could stop the great strikers who had just scored the pananka(or whatever it is) just before they lost the game. Having idiots like Sutton and Hartson as some sort of cheerleaders isn't worth any more than the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of their mouths.
Keep Ally as is, there's nothing wrong with him and I can't say the same for the other BT commentators.

What I would say to Ally is…Do you think the filth, Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen could beat either Sparta or Bronby over two games (aggregate). Spartas 2nd team spanked the filth 8-2 on aggregate, Bronby finished above the team that put the filth out of the CL.

Hibs and Aberdeen are constantly beaten in the qualifiers by diddy teams from football backwaters. Rangers achievements going from a ranking of well over two hundred to the circa the 43 in three years has lifted the profile of Scottish football.

I know Ally loves the club, but sometimes he should think before he speaks!

Last edited:
I watched Ally and Davie Weir on BT last night and like always thought Ally was superb.

He’s fair and balanced while at the same time never hides his love for Rangers. Even Neil McCann said on Rangers TV at half time a few weeks ago he’s not there to be a Rangers fan boy and will be critical when he thinks it’s necessary.

The way Hartson and the commentator reacted to Jota’s goal and the 5 minute spell that followed last night was embarrassing.

Ally was right, Sparta and Brondby are nothing special. Always a great achievement to have European football after the new year, but it’s what most of us expected out of this group.

Back