McCoist for Killie

Some total wankers in this thread.

I don’t think he’s cut out for management but seems to be a highly sought after pundit so should stick to that.

Reactions: WBD
He is not a manager. I remember shortly after he started managing us, he was asked about the training he organised ,he said the training hasn't changed much in 30yrs since he was first a player. That did it for me. Better sticking to his media work.

If he gets the job, hopefully he makes a right Norman Hunt of it. Would love to dish out a few doings to them next year.

Listening to him today was boak-inducing. Rangers legend my arse, loyalty completely traded to get wee cheap laughs and giggles. He’s a mess. We slag the state of the likes of Lennon but the nick of McCoist.....
I dont want former Rangers denying the sky is blue for the sake of keeping the party line. Not saying I agree with everything he says but hes entitled to have opinions that compliment other teams in Scotland.

If you want to ape the mhanky mafia then good for you. Ally is a legend full stop.

Like many great players Ally was woefully inept as a manager.
He should count his blessings he got a TV gig and not jeopardise that little earner.

The Kilmarnock job is now a poison chalice, nobody, even Guardiola could get that team to achieve that level of "success" again.
Even if Super got the gig, he's onto a hiding to nothing (which I suspect would delight more than a few on here) so if you're looking in Ally, don't touch it with a bargepole!

I don't see Ally getting another managers job.

Assistant maybe but he's proved pretty conclusively that his talents lie in punditry not in the dugout.
I can barely listen to him as a pundit but you are right, he certainly is not a Manager.

He's bust as a manager-he would need to go down levels to prove he has the overall ability to manage a club-he fell apart at Rangers on every level.

I dont want former Rangers denying the sky is blue for the sake of keeping the party line. Not saying I agree with everything he says but hes entitled to have opinions that compliment other teams in Scotland.

If you want to ape the mhanky mafia then good for you. Ally is a legend full stop.
So laughing and making jovial comments at our misfortunes is cool? Whilst Craigan, Stewart and Sutton put the boot in? He has done it all season, sticks up for “his team” 1 in 5 times and it’s nauseating. You don’t want him to be biased in a sea of pro-mhank pundits. What chance have we got.

In the pre game clip of OF game highlights, BT showed our two goals once through but showed the Flanagan/Lego incident three times in the highlights clip. Agenda and tone firmly set.

First discussion point for McCoist.....Alfie’s disciplinary record and risk of red card today. What chance do we have if he is our first line of defence on these shows? Not asking him to lie, but asking him to challenge the shite from Sutton et al and try and achieve balance. We are his club and we made his career....why can’t he at best be neutral for us?

So laughing and making jovial comments at our misfortunes is cool? Whilst Craigan, Stewart and Sutton put the boot in? He has done it all season, sticks up for “his team” 1 in 5 times and it’s nauseating. You don’t want him to be biased in a sea of pro-mhank pundits. What chance have we got.

In the pre game clip of OF game highlights, BT showed our two goals once through but showed the Flanagan/Lego incident three times in the highlights clip. Agenda and tone firmly set.

First discussion point for McCoist.....Alfie’s disciplinary record and risk of red card today. What chance do we have if he is our first line of defence on these shows? Not asking him to lie, but asking him to challenge the shite from Sutton et al and try and achieve balance. We are his club and we made his career....why can’t he at best be neutral for us?
He’s very pro Rangers on TalkSPORT. Don’t have bt sports so can’t comment

That ****** McCoist any where near Rangers gives me the Fear!! No total wankers!! in this thread Ally!! the folk are allowed an opinion
McCoist was a Rangers Player & my dad said he should never have been signed by Rangers! ! he went to Sunderland for ££££ so from then he was Rangers' first ever mercenary. I Cheered every goal he scored for Rangers but I cheered because it was a goal for Rangers not for "any one who pays me I'm your man" McCoist

That ****** McCoist any where near Rangers gives me the Fear!! No total wankers!! in this thread Ally!! the folk are allowed an opinion
McCoist was a Rangers Player & my dad said he should never have been signed by Rangers! ! he went to Sunderland for ££££ so from then he was Rangers' first ever mercenary. I Cheered every goal he scored for Rangers but I cheered because it was a goal for Rangers not for "any one who pays me I'm your man" McCoist
You ok?

Ally is a blether. A very good and entertaining one too but there's never a great deal of substance to what he says. He's the perfect "rent a quote" person for being a pundit as he'll say exactly what you want him to say most of the time.
Extremely good value for money for a television company. No one gets too bothered or too excited about he says. The cheeky smile and the harmless banter has won him fans wherever he's been or whatever tv show he's on. Box office material unquestionably. Football manager? Never in a month of Sundays.

Forgetting all of the emotion and circumstances surrounding his time as manager, any personal feelings about the man - no team at any level higher than Scottish championship will ever take McCoist as manager. His tactics range from "horrendous" to "don't exist" and his man management is a joke, players walked all over him.
agree with all that some of the worst football I've ever seen under him am just sticking to remembering his goals now hes done a few things since then that hasn't sat rite with me

Whoever goes there next is onto a hiding to nothing. Clarke has obviously been punching way above their station and next manager unless he continues to be top 3/4/5 then they will get hounded out. Watch Killie get relegated in next few seasons.

Oh and lets hope we don't take anymore tickets than we received yesterday

I don't see Ally getting another managers job.

Assistant maybe but he's proved pretty conclusively that his talents lie in punditry not in the dugout.

You think he’s a talented pundit?!?!?!

Back