McCoist interested managing Sunderland

Scosha

Official Ticketer
No disrespect to Ally, but I do t think that’s the job for him! Would be a mental appointment on both sides!

Ally McCoist shows interest in vacant Sunderland job

http://dailym.ai/2ilfJJl

Ally McCoist is interested in the managerial vacancy at former club Sunderland.

The Rangers legend - who played 65 times for the Wearsiders in the early Eighties - is a friend of chief executive Martin Bain and will be on the shortlist to replace Simon Grayson.

McCoist would be a hugely popular appointment among a dwindling and disillusioned fanbase, who called for Grayson to be sacked during Tuesday’s 3-3 draw with Bolton.

Sportsmail can reveal that Bain was waiting in the tunnel after the game. As Grayson entered his manager's office he was told he was fired, before he had even given his post-match debrief to the players and within two minutes of the full-time whistle.

However, we understand that some of Sunderland’s senior players cannot understand why they were not consulted before getting rid of another manager and are disappointed at the embarrassing nature of his dismissal.

Indeed, sources close to the dressing-room insist that the majority of the squad remained behind Grayson, despite a run of one victory in 15 which has left them third from bottom in the Championship.

Bain has now turned to joint caretakers Billy McKinlay and Robbie Stockdale ahead of Sunday’s trip to Middlesbrough.

Ally dragged us up through the leagues dontcha know.

His last year and a half never happened. Its dissappeared, gone

Oh I don’t know, he could get his superstar utility player Jig out of retirement and shoehorn him into every position he wasn’t suited for. Surely Ally is self aware enough to acknowledge that he is a very poor manager and that Sunderland would be a whole mess of pain for him.

A shambles of a football club, that no one with an iota of common sense would touch.

Maybe chalk that one in the "positive" column for McInnes. He had the sense to say no to them!!

A club where it's well known there's a complete lack of discipline and commitment in the playing squad.

Ally McCoist is the last person they need as manager.

Ally managed us under the most extreme circumstances anyone can imagine. We all know he made mistakes, but it was his first managers job.

I personally hope he gets it and proves so many on here wrong.

extreme as in professional footballers against part timers where our budget, facilities etc dwarfed all teams in the 3 divisions put together? playing against teams like montrose who had a higher player turn over than us and we still embarrassed ourselves against them?

i could go on and on.. off the pitch ally had it hard but he really couldnt have had it easier on the pitch yet he made a pigs ear of it. Ramsdens Cup still gives me nightmares.

Why would he be a 'hugely popular appointment'?

That’s exactly the line that made me laugh. Because he played for them 65 times, 30 years ago. Any normal fan looks at reputation and record. Speaks to fans from clubs the guy had previously managed.

Then again Sunderland are in a total mess down there right now....!

Didn't ally not try and get a managers positon in the States and got knocked back? He'll never get the Sunderland job, he tarnished his managerial reputation after failing to get out of the championship with us with the resources we had thrown at it.

extreme as in professional footballers against part timers where our budget, facilities etc dwarfed all teams in the 3 divisions put together? playing against teams like montrose who had a higher player turn over than us and we still embarrassed ourselves against them?

i could go on and on.. off the pitch ally had it hard but he really couldnt have had it easier on the pitch yet he made a pigs ear of it. Ramsdens Cup still gives me nightmares.

Then why do we bother playing football? If the biggest, best paid and richest teams will always beat everyone else.

Look at the players he had and do you seriously think they could have went inbeaten?

He was also unlucky in that both Hibs and Hearts came down the year we got to the Championship.

Ally managed us under the most extreme circumstances anyone can imagine. We all know he made mistakes, but it was his first managers job.

Being tactically inept signing all the wrong players turning training into play time I really see how our circumstances at the time made all that happen :rolleyes: I loved ally the player but he's never a manager in a million years.​

The Rangers legend is a friend of chief executive Martin Bain and will be on the shortlist to replace Simon Grayson.

I presume he's on the shortlist due to his friendship and not because he's a good football manager. Would be a terrible appointment

Financially at least, this is good news for Sunderland because McCoist doesn't read the employment contracts he's given - just happy to get on with it is Ally.

You must be a Newcastle supporter,there can be no other reason.

Being tactically inept signing all the wrong players turning training into play time I really see how our circumstances at the time made all that happen :rolleyes: I loved ally the player but he's never a manager in a million years.​

The best win draw lose stats for any Rangers manager 72.56%

P164 W119 D22 L23

Just saying just saying :rolleyes:

Ally McCoist was never meant to be a football manager. He's a number 2 at best and a very good one at that. Someone to have around to lift players spirits, play his role in a good cop/bad cop routine with a tough manager like Walter. But as far as training, tactics and organising a team, he's just never been cut out for it.

Stick to the telly Ally.

Just stick with being a pundit Ally. Why he'd even want to go to that basket case of a club is beyond me anyway.

That’s exactly the line that made me laugh. Because he played for them 65 times, 30 years ago. Any normal fan looks at reputation and record. Speaks to fans from clubs the guy had previously managed.

Then again Sunderland are in a total mess down there right now....!

When that story was tweeted last night the Sunderland fans who responded were...shall we say..less than enthused by the prospect of McCoist as manager.

You can't blame them. Bain appointing McCoist should result in his jotters.

McCoist would be a hugely popular appointment among a dwindling and disillusioned fanbase

Genuine question, is Ally's time as manager of us viewed as a success down south? We've had both Souness and Jim White touting him for our job again recently and now reading this comment it seems that way.

Would work for Ally.

Fired after six months and goes home with a huge pay off and straight back to his media work.

Most people on this board get thier knickers in a twist when an ex player doesn't say how amazing we are in an interview yet they are only to happy to mock 1 of our greatest ever players, with some amount bitterness.
sure it never worked out for us with Ally but when you read folk saying the current sellik manager seems a decent guy then read the hatred towards McCoist, it's embarrassing.

Back