McCoist interested managing Sunderland

Bain could probably sell Ally to Sunderland fans. Ex Sunderland player, gone on to manage Rangers, well known on TV etc etc.

From Ally's point of view it ticks all his boxes. 3 or 4 year lucrative contract which after a very short period will result in a bumper pay day.

he couldn't so he needn't bother trying.

McCoist showed no managerial qualities whatsoever at any point in his tenure with us.

He’s just not got it.

I’d be amazed if he ever managed again to be honest.

If some dimwit in the Sunderland hierarchy wants to employ McCoist as there manager, make sure
he's on a month to month rolling contract, if not they're well screwed.

Oh I don’t know, he could get his superstar utility player Jig out of retirement and shoehorn him into every position he wasn’t suited for. Surely Ally is self aware enough to acknowledge that he is a very poor manager and that Sunderland would be a whole mess of pain for him.
I’m sure he is self aware enough but McCost would still chase the bigger bucks

McCoist showed no managerial qualities whatsoever at any point in his tenure with us.

He’s just not got it.

I’d be amazed if he ever managed again to be honest.
Well, he did wear brown shoes, but then again so did Captain Mainwaring.

He may have learned something from his spell as manager. I think he wings it, little/no preparation, arrives at training 10 minutes before its due to start, thinks what to do in way in.
My opinion anyway, no proof.

Well if it means he cant be available for our Managers position I am all for it ! Always will be my most favourite player but sadly one awful manager !

This view is directly contradicted by pretty much every player who was at Rangers during administration and beyond who all say that mccoist worked his bollocks off during that time.

I'm sure you know better though. There is a breathtaking hypocrisy in claiming to be a loyal fan and then attempting to perform a character assassination on someone who, no matter how ill suited he was to management, is a club legend. With nothing more to back up your claim beyond internet rumour and an inability to comprehend publicly available information.

He wasn't cut out for management, that much is clear. The need to gleefully stick the boot in and angrily dismiss or belittle what he actually did for this club seems excessive and unique to a deeply unpleasant subset of internet obsesssives.

Did he? He worked so hard etc. that results and performances on the pitch were abysmal at times against part time opposition? The facts are that he could have stood up for the club to the folk that were running it into the ground, did he? No, we both know he said nothing and was handsomely rewarded for it.

I don't need internet rumour, 'we' know he proxied his votes, 'we' know he got a deferred salary, 'we' know he said bugger all against the board who were not doing what was best for the club. So tell me different with the publicly available information you have to hand that will counter this?

Also, if you can tell me what he actually did for the club that was so unique and see's people fawning over his martyr like sacrifices I'd be happy to acknowledge!?

McCoist is a good coach and a terrible manager.

He'd bring so much more to the game if he became a position coach than if he failed at management again.

That said, I like him being a pundit like he is just now.

Back