McCoist on Talksport this morning. (GSTQ)

Discussion about the wrong national anthem being played at the ‘Africa cup of nations’.

Super Ally was asked “How would you feel if they played GSTQ for Scotland when they played England?” He replied “It would be an absolute pleasure.”

:))
The reply of a truly great Ranger.

SFA, divide and conquer, exactly what happened here. Bears at loggerheads the minute the name is brought up.

He's proud to be Scottish and British.

A thoroughly confusing concept for the hard of thinking.
That’s just wrong though.
It’s just not for us all.
If you feel like that, as in proud of both, fair enough.
Some of us don’t.
That should be acceptable for even those hard of thinking people you allude to.

Super Ally triggering the Nats

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Discussion about the wrong national anthem being played at the ‘Africa cup of nations’.

Super Ally was asked “How would you feel if they played GSTQ for Scotland when they played England?” He replied “It would be an absolute pleasure.”

Love it!!

That’s just wrong though.
It’s just not for us all.
If you feel like that, as in proud of both, fair enough.
Some of us don’t.
That should be acceptable for even those hard of thinking people you allude to.
I've read your post a few times and can't decipher if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me:))

I'm not suggesting everyone has to be both. I'm suggesting some people can't accept that you can be both. Mainly my tartan army mates if I'm honest. Half my family is English, I see myself as both Scottish and British. I'd always say British if anyone asks right enough.

Great reply from super but concerned the English media believe the Scottish nationalist narrative

I've read your post a few times and can't decipher if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me:))

1 I'm not suggesting everyone has to be both. I'm suggesting some people can't accept that you can be both. Mainly my tartan army mates if I'm honest. Half my family is English, I see myself as both Scottish and British. 2 I'd always say British if anyone asks right enough.
1 That’s what I was picking up.
I get quite defensive because I’m often criticised, by extended family as much as any, for my not declaring my undying love and pride in Scotland and all things Scottish.
Which leads me to 2 where I’m the same.
“Where am I from?” I’m asked.
“The UK” is my reply of choice.

1 That’s what I was picking up.
I get quite defensive because I’m often criticised, by extended family as much as any, for my not declaring my undying love and pride in Scotland and all things Scottish.
Which leads me to 2 where I’m the same.
“Where am I from?” I’m asked.
“The UK” is my reply of choice.
I'm with you now mate.

Tell your extended family to do one. Then get a massive stencil on your living room wall saying 'Friends are the family you choose'. They'll soon get the message and you'll also have a classy looking living room...

I love Super Ally!!

Great reply from super but concerned the English media believe the Scottish nationalist narrative
Exactly, don’t see why they should ask that question and Ally’s answer no more than you would expect.
It’s not England’s national anthem, it’s Britain’s, and Scotland is an important part of Great Britain.

I'm with you now mate.

Tell your extended family to do one. Then get a massive stencil on your living room wall saying 'Friends are the family you choose'. They'll soon get the message and you'll also have a classy looking living room...
Done it.
Done both, actually.
I’ve never deferred to anybody on this one.

Watch this video. Scotland and England players in centre of the pitch at the end of the 1967 game for the national anthem. Marvellous stuff with the Scotland fans (probably vast majority of the them Rangers fans too) signing along proudly.
I was there ( no ticket) one of the proudest moments of my life,and yes,
full of Bears.Honestly didn’t Know any plastics that attended Scotland games back then.

Ally is brilliant on Talk Sport, him, Laura and Jamie O'Hara are good fun, quite like Gabby too.

Got in the office and turned on talksport. First thing I heard was the fat alkie lying about the cup final throw in. (why do I do it)?
For all his past problems and his silence afterwards, along with his continued backing of the people who will ultimately put him in an early grave, I hate that lying, harbouring, enabling fekker.
Victim? Yes.
knows more? Yes.
Silent? You better believe it.

That club has damaged, him and yet he still defends them.
I don’t understand it.

Last edited:
Pleased to meet you. I'm filing you with the Mhanks who want Scotland to get beat when they play the Republic of Ireland.

Pleased to meet you. I'm filing you with the Mhanks who want Scotland to get beat when they play the Republic of Ireland.
TBH that particular fixture I'd have no favourites. File me with the English who want Scotland to get get beaten when playing England as well.

Those old enough will remember a time they did :))
We sing God save our Queen.
The English sing God save The Queen.

As much ours and maybe more than any other party of The Commonwealth.

I love her, she is a constant for all that's good and has served us with total dedication.

Her Dad was my Brother too.

That’s because he was banned due to complaints from some Tory/unionists on here. Some just cannot go another viewpoint, sad.
This is utter pish and you nats just don’t get it .

Leaving aside the snp/yes/Nat hatred of rangers and our support , what about the destruction they are leaving on Scotland and if they get their way , personally I’m f.ucked .

My job goes , my missus will have no choice but to move to England with our newborn with her job , my oldest will remain in Scotland for his job , my elderly parents simply cannot move .

So I have the prospect of being unemployed , homeless and my family separated if you lot ever get your way .

So , for me , it’s not about not seeing someone else’s viewpoint but protecting my family from idiots , who still refuse to accept the economic disaster that’s waiting for indy Scotland .

How anyone can vote for separation when Nat MPs reveal that their grand plan to bridge a £23 billion deficit is to “print more money” is beyond me

Back