McCoist or Amato?

• Super Ally

Votes: 119 54.6%
  • Amato

Votes: 99 45.4%

• Total voters

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Let’s have it. For me one is actually a more difficult finish to execute, but I think the other will win it for the pure elation shown by the goal scorer (which I admit still gets me to this day), though you could also say the movement for that ‘easier’ finish had to be top notch. Shout out to McCann and Albertz for two absolutely brilliant crosses, both of these guys had wands for a left foot.

Amato

Because I got a vest after it and wore it when playing football, next game I scored in vest aff and shirt twirled about my head!

Was just a bairn :D

Amato is the better header/finish.

But McCoist's goal is just up there with iconic Rangers goals

I sent my old man down about 10 rows after McCoist’s goal. I’ve voted for that. Actually think Amato is the better technique

McCoist's.

Albertz ball is tremendous but McCoist's movement at 35 years of age is exceptional. Genuinely brilliant.

McCoist was a credit to himself at the end of that season. Clearly not in the best shape but came into the side, started to banging the goals in again and dragged as along through some tough games.

Tough one this, both great crosses and intelligent runs to get the better of defenders, Amato is probably the better of the two just based on the technique needed to get it past the keeper from there. But I voted for Ally because.

McCoist was a credit to himself at the end of that season. Clearly not in the best shape but came into the side, started to banging the goals in again and dragged as along through some tough games.

Give Ally his due, he was never the same player after the leg break simply because he was hampered by niggling injuries from there on in but from 95-98 when he was fit he was still scoring goals left, right and centre. We're talking 56 goals in his three final seasons where he missed huge chunks of each of them.

By the description i thought it must be Allys goal against Leeds, then saw the video title.....the BOB goal v Amato's would've been No Contest, still went for Ally tho

Loved that goal by Ally but Amato wins this one.
Amato could head a ball his was the more difficult effort and the better header technically.
Ally was, even by his own admission, not great at heading. He frequently sold the keeper a dummy by aiming for one corner and then "allowing" the ball to come off the side of his head to direct it into the other corner - see Kiev at Ibrox. A remarkable skill ;)

By the description i thought it must be Allys goal against Leeds, then saw the video title.....the BOB goal v Amato's would've been No Contest, still went for Ally tho

Someone already used that goal in another poll and realistically it’s one of the best Rangers goals ever so I knew it would trounce Amato’s in a poll. Also liked the idea of keeping it to two goals against Celtic.

Amato’s was the better header.

McCoists was absolutely iconic.
McCoist’s was all about his movement before the cross, and Albertz knowing exactly where to put the ball.
I’ll say until I’m blue in the face, we need a lot more of this type of run in front of the defender from today’s strikers.

McCoist’s was all about his movement before the cross, and Albertz knowing exactly where to put the ball.
I’ll say until I’m blue in the face, we need a lot more of this type of run in front of the defender from today’s strikers.

McCoist just instinctively gravitated towards the ball everytime it was in the box.

he just knew where to be at the right time.

I’m not even sure if that type of forward play could even be coached.

McCoist just instinctively gravitated towards the ball everytime it was in the box.

he just knew where to be at the right time.

I’m not even sure if that type of forward play could even be coached.
Totally agree.
I tried to reach under 11’s this a few years back without success.
Then a couple of under 14’s too.
The one guy who picked it up was a 21 year old!
Then I used to show centre backs how to eliminate that opportunity!

Amato for me. Prescision.

McCoist's was a cracker, and the ball in from Albertz was perfect too.

I was lucky enough to be at both matches.

Back