McCoist vs Amato - the battle of the diving headers

McCoist or Amato?

• Super Ally

Votes: 119 54.6%
  • Amato

Votes: 99 45.4%

• Total voters
McCoist just instinctively gravitated towards the ball everytime it was in the box.

he just knew where to be at the right time.

I’m not even sure if that type of forward play could even be coached.

It’s was no accident either. Andy Gray said it best, McCoist had a special quality you just can’t teach, in terms of always knowing exactly where to be in the box at the right moments. People say “right place at the right time” but that suggests it’s luck, which is bollocks, it happened far too many times to be luck.

Vored Ally because I never read the OP or watched the video.

I jumped to the conclusion it was the Leeds goal we were talking about.

Now I have taken the time to read the OP I would say Amato.

Voted for Ally.

Not read full thread so I apologise if this has been mentioned. Was there any particular reason McCoist was wearing the number 8 jersey that game?

McCoist’s goal was the first I seen us score live against Celtic

I’ve been to probably 30/40 old firm games since bit that goal remains one of my favourites

Iconic, McCoist. Better goal, Amato. Amato is one of the most skillful players I have ever seen at Ibrox. If the guy had pace he would have been a world beater.

As most have said - Amato's is the better goal but McCoist's is just iconic.

Voted for Amato as that is what is being asked.

Technically Amato’s was the best header. I’m going for Ally though, as it’s the heart that rules us football fans. Iconic goal and celebration

The build up for Allys goal seals it for me 2 tremendous passes that cut the mentally challengeds wide open

Let’s have it. For me one is actually a more difficult finish to execute, but I think the other will win it for the pure elation shown by the goal scorer (which I admit still gets me to this day), though you could also say the movement for that ‘easier’ finish had to be top notch. Shout out to McCann and Albertz for two absolutely brilliant crosses, both of these guys had wands for a left foot.

Amato all day long a far more difficult finish. Taking nothing away from Ally’s

Amato’s was the better header.

McCoists was absolutely iconic.
Indeed.
I voted for McCoist. Simply because he had such a habit of making great goals look shit.

Decent ball in. Still a hard finish so he'd do whatever was needed to get it past the keeper.

I think it was mostly deliberate or as much so as it can be in those scenarios.

It's near but will drift wide. Needs a cheeky wee bit on it. It's going right with the keeper, my arse needs to make It go left. Just always done enough.

Amatos is also class.

Back