Mccoist would take Dyche over Beale

Anyone who’s mentally sane would. Take the emotion out of it and you’ve got:
  • A proven Premier League quality manager over over 6 seasons who’s also won the Championship
Vs
  • A new manager, 5 months of experience and despite a bright start, have fallen apart and look extremely unconvincing at Championship level (last month has been relegation form)
There’s literally no argument you can make in favour of Beale other than the generic “he knows the club”

• A proven Premier League quality manager over over 6 seasons who’s also won the Championship
You make a good argument for Dyche but I have a question. With all the qualities you say he has why has he not been snaffled up?

For the record, I don't want him.
A - because we'd be a last resort for him.
B - anyone tainted by association with Wilson gives me cooties.

PS, this is not a party political broadcast on behalf of Beale because he doesn't fill me with confidence either.

I don't know what to think with this board anymore. I simply have no trust in them with regards to the running of the footballing side of the club. In saying that, and to be fair, I'm still gobsmacked that they actually roused themselves to sack Gio in the first place.

Who knows? There could be announcement on Monday and that's that.

When this particular circus act (Co Ron McKaay) is completed, I'd like to know who were all actually in the running for the job and who actually made it to the second interview?

I don't think that's too much to ask for.
I don’t think I know of any football club, anywhere, who say ‘here’s our new Manager’…….‘and here’s who we could have had’. No Club tells you the unsuccessful candidates, or those who declined the position.

you never know until you ask the question.

Depends on what he wants out of football. Money isn't everything and the good old HMRC will take most of it anyway. If he came here he'd have a good crack at major domestic honours and the chance to get stuck in to europe. For an ambitious manager that might (should) be a bigger draw than just the money.

Where are we in life when earning say 50k a week isn't considered just Rewards even if a football manager's job is difficult.
Burnley paying 100k a week for someone to sit at home till 2025 is lunacy.

I don’t think I know of any football club, anywhere, who say ‘here’s our new Manager’…….‘and here’s who we could have had’. No Club tells you the unsuccessful candidates, or those who declined the position.
My reasoning is we'll never know who else was in the running last time out.

It seems to me that when Wilson caught up with Gio in China that was game, set and match. Surely none of us want a repeat of that?

My feelings on this remain clear. I simply have no trust left in this board and goodness knows what the next episode in the running of the club will produce.

Also, it's not about knowing who declined us. It's about knowing the calibre of manager the board are actually wanting in to take the club forward.

People throw out names but there’s little explanation of their talents and qualities.

What do Dyche and Beale bring?

What are their similarities and differences in their tactics, training etc.?

My reservation with Dyche is that he is a home bird and those moves never work where a manager is up and down the road. I also think he would leave us after he gets a decent run of results and the EPL come calling.
How often do epl clubs come calling though?

Stevie G has star quality that would be a draw for many teams.

Rodgers won nine trophies on the bounce without his door being knocked down.

Who was the last manager in Scotland to go to epl and be successful?

The epl won’t be looking to scotland for managers.

My reasoning is we'll never know who else was in the running last time out.

It seems to me that when Wilson caught up with Gio in China that was game, set and match. Surely none of us want a repeat of that?

My feelings on this remain clear. I simply have no trust left in this board and goodness knows what the next episode in the running of the club will produce.

Also, it's not about knowing who declined us. It's about knowing the calibre of manager the board are actually wanting in to take the club forward.
As with every other club, all we have to go on is the rumours/leaks in the media. We could have phoned half a dozen prospective managers and been told 'not interested' or 'not without a bigger budget' or whatever.

Folk are gunning for the Board, and that's entirely understandable given recent times, however it's all too easy to invent reasons, such as this, to have a go when we have absolutely no idea who, or how many, they might have spoken to - this time or last.

This forum is also no real measure. More than 85% were in favour of GvB just over a year ago. I include myself, and yet it turned out to be - ultimately - a huge disappointment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure you will remember the excitement when we managed to get Le Guen, a real coup at the time for someone considered an outstanding Manager, yet it all turned to shit rather rapidly. Seems to me there are times when what you think you are getting and what actually walks through the front door can be miles apart. FWIW I'd be reasonably content with Dyche or Beale but, in truth, any appointment is going to be a gamble given the mess we are in.

Depends on Dyches motivation if it’s financial then no chance but if its to win trophies and chance to become a legend with a massive fan base then he’s gettable but if it’s Beale then happy with that

I don't know what to think with this board anymore. I simply have no trust in them with regards to the running of the footballing side of the club. In saying that, and to be fair, I'm still gobsmacked that they actually roused themselves to sack Gio in the first place.

Who knows? There could be announcement on Monday and that's that.

When this particular circus act (Co Ron McKaay) is completed, I'd like to know who were all actually in the running for the job and who actually made it to the second interview?

I don't think that's too much to ask for.
ok, so you expect the board to disclose information on candidates, some of which may be employed elsewhere currently.
If you applied for a new job woudl you be happy with the comopany publically disclosing to the world that you had been interviewed but uncussesful in your application.
Do you think your current employers woudl be happy about that?

There is such a thing as GDPR in this country, so yes it is to much to ask.

As with every other club, all we have to go on is the rumours/leaks in the media. We could have phoned half a dozen prospective managers and been told 'not interested' or 'not without a bigger budget' or whatever.

Folk are gunning for the Board, and that's entirely understandable given recent times, however it's all too easy to invent reasons, such as this, to have a go when we have absolutely no idea who, or how many, they might have spoken to - this time or last.

This forum is also no real measure. More than 85% were in favour of GvB just over a year ago. I include myself, and yet it turned out to be - ultimately - a huge disappointment. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure you will remember the excitement when we managed to get Le Guen, a real coup at the time for someone considered an outstanding Manager, yet it all turned to shit rather rapidly. Seems to me there are times when what you think you are getting and what actually walks through the front door can be miles apart. FWIW I'd be reasonably content with Dyche or Beale but, in truth, any appointment is going to be a gamble given the mess we are in.
What the board seem to have forgotten is that with the league all but gone and a first team needing to be completely overhauled virtually in one foul swoop. By not cashing in on players when their stock was at its highest and allied to their own parsimony in the transfer market, especially from a position of strength in the summer of last year. This has led the supports' temper to a simmering point that has boiled over. The cynic in me suggests the impending AGM has loomed large in getting rid of Gio.

All of these things combined and we can add this season's CL performances into the mix have contributed greatly to any criticism of the board, which I feel has been remarkably tempered up till now. Let's be honest, any anger at how last season's title was lost was glossed over by and totally consumed by getting to Seville.

As for Gio's appointment? Yes his appointment was greeted mostly with agreement. And yes, I went along with it, mostly because of the Dutch title win in his locker. Hopefully, we don't get fooled again.

Put it this way. Given the CL riches winning the title guarantees at this time, and yes, I know that is down to our relative succes in Europe since Gerrard, the board simply have to get it right this time.

If we think of Gerrard as a King initiative (and that seems to be the common concensus) then their track record hardly inspires confidence.

ok, so you expect the board to disclose information on candidates, some of which may be employed elsewhere currently.
If you applied for a new job woudl you be happy with the comopany publically disclosing to the world that you had been interviewed but uncussesful in your application.
Do you think your current employers woudl be happy about that?

There is such a thing as GDPR in this country, so yes it is to much to ask.
In an ideal world, I'd like to know who is seriously being considered by the board for this appointment. That way I'd have an idea what ambitions this board actually have to take us forward.

As you say, the world doesn't work that way.

However, at the end of the day the support do have a right to know what visions the board have for taking us forward and how they are going to achieve it.

Last edited:
Dyche said (only a few weeks ago) that he wanted back in to the premiership. It’s also telling that he does not seem to have had a sniff of a new job as yet.

Personally speaking, I like him and I think he would be a good manager for us, I just think he has eyes elsewhere.

I would be happy with Beale, I think it could be a good move for us provided he is given funds to refresh the squad

Wilson knows Dyche well so will almost certainly have spoken to him.
I suspect he wants an EPL job and will want to wait for the January window when a few jobs will come available.

In an ideal world, I'd like to know who is seriously being considered by the board for this appointment. That way I'd have an idea what ambitions this board actually have to take us forward.

As you say, the world doesn't work that way.

However, at the end of the day the support do have a right to know what visions the board have for taking us forward and how they are going to achieve it.
We would all like to know every detail of running the club.
But we never have and never will.
Have we ever run a recruitment process where all the candidates have been declared by the club?
I’d think not, so it surprises me when folks come out demanding to know the runners and riders.
At the end of the day, we get who we get and there isn’t a damn thing any normal fan can do to influence it.

Vs
  • A new manager, 5 months of experience and despite a bright start, have fallen apart and look extremely unconvincing at Championship level (last month has been relegation form)
There’s literally no argument you can make in favour of Beale other than the generic “he knows the club”
and he "gets it!" ffs :rolleyes:

People on here saying we cant afford Dyche ... and he's on 100k a week for sitting on his ass.

Whats to stop us approaching burnley and taking Dyche on loan like you would a player and only covering part of his wage ... say 50%. We're happy cos we get a good manager "cheap" and Burnley save 50% of the money theyre paying him. Dyche also gets the chance to make a name for himself by turning round "a huge club in crisis" (not my opinion ... but thats how the press would spin it).

win, win, win!! or as my maw used to say ... every egg's a budgie!

What the board seem to have forgotten is that with the league all but gone and a first team needing to be completely overhauled virtually in one foul swoop. By not cashing in on players when their stock was at its highest and allied to their own parsimony in the transfer market, especially from a position of strength in the summer of last year. This has led the supports' temper to a simmering point that has boiled over. The cynic in me suggests the impending AGM has loomed large in getting rid of Gio.

All of these things combined and we can add this season's CL performances into the mix have contributed greatly to any criticism of the board, which I feel has been remarkably tempered up till now. Let's be honest, any anger at how last season's title was lost was glossed over by and totally consumed by getting to Seville.

As for Gio's appointment? Yes his appointment was greeted mostly with agreement. And yes, I went along with it, mostly because of the Dutch title win in his locker. Hopefully, we don't get fooled again.

Put it this way. Given the CL riches winning the title guarantees at this time, and yes, I know that is down to our relative succes in Europe since Gerrard, the board simply have to get it right this time.

If we think of Gerrard as a King initiative (and that seems to be the common concensus) then their track record hardly inspires confidence.
Parsimony ... great word! I confess i had to look that one up!

watch some of the man on you tube ... you'll see a totally different character. i did and have to say i was quite amazed.
Wouldn't be the first person to talk a good game though and when put into practice elsewhere doesn't work.

There's just something that says to me him and Burnley were the match.

People on here saying we cant afford Dyche ... and he's on 100k a week for sitting on his ass.

Whats to stop us approaching burnley and taking Dyche on loan like you would a player and only covering part of his wage ... say 50%. We're happy cos we get a good manager "cheap" and Burnley save 50% of the money theyre paying him. Dyche also gets the chance to make a name for himself by turning round "a huge club in crisis" (not my opinion ... but thats how the press would spin it).

win, win, win!! or as my maw used to say ... every egg's a budgie!
A loan manager you say
Has this happened in the history of football ever?
I guess we could be trend setters, but nah not for me.

It would rely on Dyche agreeing also, perhaps he is enjoying his gardening.

We would all like to know every detail of running the club.
But we never have and never will.
Have we ever run a recruitment process where all the candidates have been declared by the club?
I’d think not, so it surprises me when folks come out demanding to know the runners and riders.
At the end of the day, we get who we get and there isn’t a damn thing any normal fan can do to influence it.

You may not feel it to be the case, but for many, the only goodwill the board are still getting a pass for, and even that is wearing thin, is the club getting to a European final well ahead of schedule. They @rse it up again this time then people will vote with their feet, or their wallets as the case may be.

Makes me shudder at the thought of dyche. A backwards appointment for the direction the club is trying to go.

He’s a good manager obviously. But there’s no way his style 4-4-2 long ball is ever going to work here.

He’s a manager for the underdog teams.

I’m terms of being a modern team playing modern attacking football nobody can surely think he would bring that.

He would turn is into sloggers and we would hit our ceiling very very quickly under him.

Think the fact he's still getting a weekly wage from his last club is why he hasnt got a new gig.
He's owed all of that money, they just pay him this way to spread the cost. If he finds a job, they negotiate the next piece. If he's going to another league it wouldn't be a problem.

Vs

So I take it the Wolves owners are not mentally sane then?

Most of us would agree with Ally

1f440.png
“There’s been talk of Sean Dyche. In terms of security, I’d lean towards Sean!”

In terms of security. What does that actually mean?

That was my line
They @rse it up again this time then people will vote with their feet, or their wallets as the case may be.
We didn't walk in 2012, I cant see us doing it now.
Any managerial appointment is a gamble, I thought GVB would've done us fine, he did in Europe last season but since then has been largely a let down (SC aside)
I will back the next man, but needs to prove himself with success.

That was my line

We didn't walk in 2012, I cant see us doing it now.
Any managerial appointment is a gamble, I thought GVB would've done us fine, he did in Europe last season but since then has been largely a let down (SC aside)
I will back the next man, but needs to prove himself with success.
I know it was. I was initially replying to you and thought I had deleted it. Obviously not.

Here's another thought though.

Should we be informed of who is involved in the selection process? I'd think we should be.

For what reason?
It has been said that Ross Wilson played a big part and bringing Gio to Ibrox. The fact that Gio was sacked this week means he failed in whatever remit he was handed or agreed to. Gordon Park mentioned disapointing results being the reason. That = failure in my book.

IF Wilson played a part in bringing a man to the club who was ultimately sacked a year down the line, how can his judgement be trusted in any future selection processes?

It has been said that Ross Wilson played a big part and bringing Gio to Ibrox. The fact that Gio was sacked this week means he failed in whatever remit he was handed or agreed to. Gordon Park mentioned disapointing results being the reason. That = failure in my book.

IF Wilson played a part in bringing a man to the club who was ultimately sacked a year down the line, how can his judgement be trusted in any future selection processes?
I would not have thought that RW was solely responsible for hiring him.
I have no doubt that he would be part of the process though.
Either way I dont think that having an employee fail is grounds for bypassing the Sporting Director in future decisions.
Maybe if he consistantly made poor decisions, but looking at GVB on the time here he managed a Euro Final, CL qualification and a SC.
He lost the league and we were out the league cup before he arrived.
This season we are still in everything domestically, albeit IMO the league is all but gone.

Its clear that the team were not buying into his ideas and ultimately the gaffer always takes the fall when that happens.

Back